HID Headlight Bulbs / HID Projector Retrofit

Can some of guys post pics of your install... pictures of where you mounted everything? It would be helpful since there actually isn't a whole lot in this 29 page thread.

Driver side

2esequdy.jpg

Passenger side is under the air box there's a small pocket that I'd figure would keep it safer

u3u2ehen.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks. No ground. I did the can bus, i was the one that was confused due to it being plug and play.

fyi...please consider gounding the harness even though your hid lights works without grounding. If something should happen, your lighting system will be protected with proper ground.

fyi...please consider gounding the harness even though your hid lights works without grounding. If something should happen, your lighting system will be protected with proper ground.

I'm not sure what this means. Do I splice somewhere ?

I'm not sure what this means. Do I splice somewhere ?

no, i believe you have a morimoto hd harness, look in the beginning of this topic and you will see in the diagrams that the hd harness has a ground for you to ground to the body of the vehicle.

no, i believe you have a morimoto hd harness, look in the beginning of this topic and you will see in the diagrams that the hd harness has a ground for you to ground to the body of the vehicle.

Ok. So I looked at the diagrams but I cannot find one that has the can bus they are all with the relay. I don't know what I can ground. Can you look at my pic above and try and find a spot ?

Ok. So I looked at the diagrams but I cannot find one that has the can bus they are all with the relay. I don't know what I can ground. Can you look at my pic above and try and find a spot ?

so to be clear, are you looking for a spot to ground the harness, or you have not found the grounding wire on the harness?

He doesn't have the relays. He's driving the ballasts directly with his old bulb feed. So, he doesn't have anything to ground. And the ground isn't optional with the HID relay harness. It won't work without a solid ground, so the fact that he has lights at all implies that he doesn't have relays and therefore, doesn't need a seperate ground. Or +12V feed for that matter.

so to be clear, are you looking for a spot to ground the harness, or you have not found the grounding wire on the harness?

Let me clarify, by harness what exactly do you mean? I don't have relay harness. It goes : stock bulb connection --> can bus--> ballasts-->hid bulb

Interesting... So with the Kit below that I ordered.. I will need a dedicated 12v feed and have to ground.

Maybe I should return this and get what Ozzy has (Canbus) instead of Capacitor link???

I'm confused why would anyone would get the Capacitor link kit below if you have to hook up more stuff ???

Can someone clarify in simple english ???

MOPAR LOW BEAM: MORIMOTO ELITE HID SYSTEM

Ballasts - 3Five DSP

Harness Type - HD Relay 9012

Bulbs – 3Five 4,300

Capacitor Link