HID Headlight Bulbs / HID Projector Retrofit

the 55w HIDS from DDM work on the silverado without the BOW ? Nice...What about the headlight flickering etc...?

Please don't take my comments to suggest this. I have a Sierra SLT with the LED DRL's. Not sure if the same scenario plays out on the silvy's.

I recently installed the Morimoto kit from TRS and I want to be sure I did everything right. I have been through this forum backwards and forwards and believe I did it correctly, but wanted to be sure because I had a very audible humming coming from the ballast last night.

I have the grounds all together grounded under one of the bolted rods at the front of the engine compartment. I have the positive hooked to the positive terminal on the battery and the rest hooked up through the ballast and stock headlight connections. There was one connection on the drivers side headlight that I left unplugged from anything ( I had nothing else to plug it in to) and I wrapped it in electrical tape. The other side had the CANBUS to hook up to.

Does this sound correct? If this is confusing, just say Matt, you're an idiot and explain yourself better and I can get some pictures.

Thanks in advance for everyones help!

Matt,

Is the buzzing just after turning on the lights for the first minute? Or is it all the time?

When I bought my kit a couple months ago, I called and asked what to buy. They recommended the capacitor link in lieu of the CanBus links. I get ballast humming/buzzing for the first 20-30 seconds, then it goes away.

Sorry about that, it is the Mopar kit with the capacitor link because they recommended it to me as well. I just want to make sure I don't burn up my headlights or something worse because I put it in wrong.

The buzzing only went on for about a minute or so at the most, but it was very loud. Maybe I'm just paranoid. I had a DDM kit in my 2011 that buzzed but never that loud.

Thanks!

I have a LTZ and just want to get some matching blueish tinted bulbs for the headlights and foglights. Any suggestions?

I was in a Auto Zone today. They had several different types of blue tinted halogen bulbs for H11.

IMG_8360_zps0c37bfa9.jpg

Hey, after reading through this thread a few times I ordered the same kit/parts pictured above. As I understood things the canbus/capacitor/error-canceller is used to smooth out the power from the OEM bulb signal before it gets to the relay. Then the relay supplies the ballasts with good power, this makes sense. Now I am wondering why you have a canbus between the relay and ballasts? Why smooth out power coming straight from the battery via the relay?

Edited by colton_m

I was in a Auto Zone today. They had several different types of blue tinted halogen bulbs for H11.

Anything brighter than stock that I can get (and that someone on here has used) that will match my headlights with my foglights?