HID Headlight Bulbs / HID Projector Retrofit

Is it the H11 Kit for the Sierra? That's what someone recommended me getting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got the Sierra Spec Morimoto Elite HID System from The Retrofit Source.

35W Ballasts & 9012: XB5500K Bulbs. Also got the optional carbon fiber bracket.

They included a test lead that had me confused what it was for till I did some research on the net.

I have this kit with the VLEDS 5K WHITE LED fog lights.

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/hid-systems/morimoto-elite-hid-system-sierra-low-beam.html?carDisplay=2014+GMC+Sierra++%28Projectors%29&preselect=RELAY-9012#.VTvpxdJVikr

I have read through every page of this thread and can honestly say I am not confused on the options that are presented, I just can't decide which direction I want to go with my upgrade.

My main goal is too get rid of the "yellow" color from all of my headlights/fog lights, my secondary goal is to have brighter High beams since I travel a lot of back roads hunting.

I have a 2015 Silverado LTZ, which means I have Halogen Projectors, correct?

These are the options I have gathered so far.

HID Options:

High Beam: 9005: Morimoto Elite HID System - $165

Low Beam: Silverado Spec: Morimoto Elite HID System - $170

Fog Lights - 2x80W CREE LED Fog Light 6000K White 9005 9006 H4 H7 H8 H9 H11 H10 H16 DRL Bulbs - $27.99 http://www.ebay.com/itm/151615943230

LED Option: All from VLEDS.com

High Beam - LMZ 9005 H10 9145 45W 4500LM Ultra Output LED Headlights - 4500 Lumen $250

Low Beam - LMZ H11 H8 H9 H16 45W 4500 LM Ultra Output LED Headlights - 4500 Lumen $250

Fog Lights - LMZ 5202 25W 3000LM HIGH OUTPUT LED FOG LIGHTS - 3000 Lumen $200

or I could go with the bulbs from the HID options?

1. Are the LED systems worth the $80 extra per set?

2. How will either of these systems affect my daytime running lights?

3. Is one easier to install than the other?

4. Do the options I have listed match what will fit on my truck?

Edited by jstro01

I have 50 watt HID with projectors swap. LED high beams just to match color since new projectors do high also. Then LED fog lights. I have so much light it's crazy and the highs travel very far. Hope that helps.

• Like 1

Hey all. I am new one here but have been snooping around a lot. A few weeks back I did the DDM Tuning 35w 5000k HID upgrade. I had to splice in the capacitors, but that was the hardest part. Everything went together well and everything is working well....BUT.... I have one light that appears to have a blue hue to it (drivers right side) and the other that appears to be white (drivers left side). Does anyone with experience with these things tell me what's going on? I am hoping it is two different bulbs. I haven't got around to trouble shooting the bulb/ballast/ harness. Thanks guys.

Ok awesome thanks a bunch for the response. Do the fogs turn off when the high beam is on

On my truck they do, not sure if gm made that common across all their trucks cause some states require fogs be off while highbeams on (such as VA) and some don't care. I know also in VA you can't have no more than 4 DOT approved forward facing lights at any given time except if off roading