HID Headlight Bulbs / HID Projector Retrofit

Finished this retro today with the FXR projectors. It looks great! Problem now is even with he factory adjusters all the way down the lights are still aimed WAY high. Is this common? Anyone found a way to get this dialed in? I'm blinding people right now.

Finished this retro today with the FXR projectors. It looks great! Problem now is even with he factory adjusters all the way down the lights are still aimed WAY high. Is this common? Anyone found a way to get this dialed in? I'm blinding people right now.

When you turn the adjustor does the projector move down? If not then the FXR could be binding against the cap on the back if it isn't clearanced......

When you turn the adjustor does the projector move down? If not then the FXR could be binding against the cap on the back if it isn't clearanced......

Yes it moves down, but eventually won't go any lower. The adjuster keeps turning but projectors don't go lower. And at the lowest setting, it's still way too high.

You should always adjust projector alignment before putting the headlights back together. Use some washers on the projector mounts top screws to space them out and lower the beam.

Well in this case the headlights are never taken apart, so it shouldn't be a big deal to add some washers. I have the grill, bezel and headlight removal down to a 2 minute science. I'll play around with it tonight after work and post up some results.

• Like 1

has anybody ever used any Race Sport HID kits. theres a shop here that sells them and says they work great. plug n play like the morimoto, costs a little less.

They're over priced chinese ebay kits.