HID Headlight Bulbs / HID Projector Retrofit

Lights are programmed through the bcm so there isn't a lot you can do. Some take the spring out of the light switch and leave it off. I'm just letting mine do its thing. I'll either get mine warrantied when they die, or I'll buy new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are the Silverado guys doing for the DRLs to limit needless use of the HIDs? I turned off light notification for things like unlock/lock and remote start, but obviously the DRLs are still active and it seems like a waste to have the HIDs fired during the day. Anybody have any solutions other than shutting them off every time? Anybody running anything else as their DRL?

Run a relay. Tie it into the parking lights so you retain auto functionality.

I installed a DDM kit w/ relay harness and error eliminators. When my DRL's come on the driver side light doesn't come on. Anytime I manually turn them on or auto @ night both lights work perfect?! I only installed one error eliminate on the passenger side due to the light wouldn't come on at all with error eliminate on driver side. Anyone else having this issue or able to give me some advice?

I installed a DDM kit w/ relay harness and error eliminators. When my DRL's come on the driver side light doesn't come on. Anytime I manually turn them on or auto @ night both lights work perfect?! I only installed one error eliminate on the passenger side due to the light wouldn't come on at all with error eliminate on driver side. Anyone else having this issue or able to give me some advice?

Install error cancellers on both Headlights, I believe they have to be the first thing hooked up to the headlight or hid bulb. Then the ballast and the relay to the ballast

2014 Silverado 2WT CC Summit White 4.3L V6

DROPKICK Edition

IG: jorge_dropkick_rangel

Edited by NitroDatsik

I would like to start off by saying thank you to everyone for helping me spend way to much money. After going through 70 pages I'm now looking at buying the FXRs and LED fog lights. I'm a rookie f*** and can't figure out an issue I have so, I have two questions about the Silverado Spec kit from TRS. I installed this kit about a month ago and everything has been great up until yesterday. I'm now having issues were my passenger headlight doesn't turn on so I have to cycle through the lights to get it to work. I've also noticed that my drivers side seat is resetting itself since this issue started. Are these issues connected? Once again thank y'all for the help.

I would like to start off by saying thank you to everyone for helping me spend way to much money. After going through 70 pages I'm now looking at buying the FXRs and LED fog lights. I'm a rookie f*** and can't figure out an issue I have so, I have two questions about the Silverado Spec kit from TRS. I installed this kit about a month ago and everything has been great up until yesterday. I'm now having issues were my passenger headlight doesn't turn on so I have to cycle through the lights to get it to work. I've also noticed that my drivers side seat is resetting itself since this issue started. Are these issues connected? Once again thank y'all for the help.

Check the connection to the ballast and male sure it doesn't have any corrosion on it. Not sure on the connection to the seat resetting itself though. Ha

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Check the connection to the ballast and male sure it doesn't have any corrosion on it. Not sure on the connection to the seat resetting itself though. Ha

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Didn't find any corrosion but I now hear a clicking coming from that side of my truck. Solve the resetting seat issue with changing back to my original set of keys. Edited by LTZcoog

Didn't find any corrosion but I now here a clicking coming from that side of my truck. Solve the resetting seat issue with changing back to my original set of keys.

The sets of keys are matched to the memory settings for 1 and 2. One set of key's is paired to the memory settings for 1 and the other is paired to #2. But the fobs are not marked denoting which is which though.

The sets of keys are matched to the memory settings for 1 and 2. One set of key's is paired to the memory settings for 1 and the other is paired to #2. But the fobs are not marked denoting which is which though.

Thank you for making me feel like a dumbass! JK.

Thank you for making me feel like a dumbass! JK.

Well join the dumbass club, I kept saving my settings to position 1 but was using key 2 and it kept resetting so I saved the settings to both 1 and 2 problem solved. When you use the RKE to unlock the truck that's what lets the truck know which key (person) is about to operate it and moves all the positions accordingly. My acura was the same way but the RKE fobs were marked 1 and 2 I should have 2 and 2 together sooner but oh well I'm part of the dumbass club.

• Like 1

I've been searching in this thread and I have a question about the DDM Ultra w/ CAN-bus.

The cashier at the local DDM store said that I wouldn't need a harness since they have the CAN-bus with them.

Am I really able to hook up the Ultra HID kit without a harness since the CAN-bus is integrated? I have a 2014 Silverado LTZ.

Interesting, found their facebook post and it says it works without the cap/relay.

DDM Tuning We've seen people using the regular kit, plus both HID harness + error code eliminator (BOW3), however came back just after a few month, with a killed component (normally a dead ballast). It's because it didn't really solve the compability issue. The Ultra Canbus kit is proven to work perfectly on the newer Silverado, without requiring any additional accessories!

If this works, I will let you know with an update since there's around 3-5 other people that asked the same question. Maybe the OP can update his post.

Edited by rbosse

I've been searching in this thread and I have a question about the DDM Ultra w/ CAN-bus.

The cashier at the local DDM store said that I wouldn't need a harness since they have the CAN-bus with them.

Am I really able to hook up the Ultra HID kit without a harness since the CAN-bus is integrated? I have a 2014 Silverado LTZ.

Interesting, found their facebook post and it says it works without the cap/relay.

DDM Tuning We've seen people using the regular kit, plus both HID harness + error code eliminator (BOW3), however came back just after a few month, with a killed component (normally a dead ballast). It's because it didn't really solve the compability issue. The Ultra Canbus kit is proven to work perfectly on the newer Silverado, without requiring any additional accessories!

If this works, I will let you know with an update since there's around 3-5 other people that asked the same question. Maybe the OP can update his post.

Morimoto seems to be a better made system that the DDM and so far the customer service is incredible.

Does anyone have a Silverado HID install?

Everything seems to be for the Sierra.

Morimoto seems to be a better made system that the DDM and so far the customer service is incredible.

Does anyone have a Silverado HID install?

Everything seems to be for the Sierra.

Here you go.

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/hid-systems/morimoto-elite-hid-system-silverado-low-beam.html?carDisplay=2015+Chevrolet+Silverado++w%2F+Projectors&preselect=47309&preselect_restrict=1#.VsXiB_krKUk

I looked through this the other day. I was hoping someone did an install video on the Silverados. It doesn't seem that you have to remove the headlights like the Sierra.

Are the the relays run straight to the battery and then plugged into the ballast?

I looked through this the other day. I was hoping someone did an install video on the Silverados. It doesn't seem that you have to remove the headlights like the Sierra.

Are the the relays run straight to the battery and then plugged into the ballast?

I'm not sure if a video has been made for the silverado's, but there are plenty of members that are using that exact kit on here for their Silverados. You do not need to remove the headlights for silverado or sierra. Some people just find it easier to switch out the bulbs that way. But you are correct. Relay runs from the battery to your ballasts.