HID Headlight Bulbs / HID Projector Retrofit

RX350s in!

Question.

While I'm

Installing this HID kit I was looking at the projector upgrade here. Would it be too much light output to replace the projector and have the kit? Also... I have a shop doing the headlight work for me but can the projector be swapped out without opening the entire headlight?

Hey everyone, I decided to go a different route and I'm selling my fastheadlights FXR retrofit kit for 14/15 Silverado! http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/186850-2014-2015-chevy-silverado-fxr-retrofit-kit-from-fastheadlights/?do=findComment&comment=1804201

Sorry everyone, I am a little late to the party on this subject. I've got a 2015 Sierra 4x4 7z1 and like everyone else the headlights are lacking.

Is there anyway to just change the bulb, plug and play, that would increase the light? Also, might the Denali OEM headlights work as a replacement?

Sorry, just looking for a simple solution, nothing complicated.

Don't know if you were meaning to replace your headlights with the 2015 body style Denali or the 2016 but what I can tell you is that the headlights on the 2015 Denali are no better than the SLE's and SLT's. I had to put HID's in mine just to be able to see at night. GM definitely went backwards on the Sierras as far as headlighting went. I had a 2011 Sierra before the 2015 and it would light up the world with standard halogen bulbs.

• Like 1

could not take it anymore - the horrible 14 lights or lack there of ...

got the morimoto and what a world of difference! any doubts buying this kit? dont' have any...it is top notch

35w 4500k

• Like 1

Anybody running the opt7 LEDs off amazon I had xenon market 6k hids was down to driverside low beam and passenger fog light driver side fog and passenger low beam went out and I was leaning towards going led just wondering if I should do that or stick with hids as I have read that the hids are still brighter

OPT7 LED Headlight Bulbs w/ Clear Arc-Beam Kit - H11 (H8, H9) - 60w 7,000Lm 6K Cool White CREE - 2 Yr Warranty https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VNBDWPK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_80DkxbCGE64BF

I haven't found anyone that has installed the LTZ projectors into the Work Truck Trim but I have seen a few LT to LTZ swaps and everyone says they are plug and play so you should be okay. I am posting a link to a similar thread below:

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/153376-2014-silverado-headlights/

Well I bought the GM projector headlights and now ready to do the upgrade to the FXR but keep reading about TRS?? What or who is this?

Well I bought the GM projector headlights and now ready to do the upgrade to the FXR but keep reading about TRS?? What or who is this?

TRS = the retrofit source.

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/

It is an online retailer that specializes HID/led headlights and conversions.

Fastheadlights

www.fastheadlights.com

as far as I know is the only company that has a Bolt on adapter for the Silverado LTZ/ projector headlights. They both sell the parts for the HID kits but only fastheadlights has the FXR projector mounting adapter.

Edited by Alexantics

morimoto - TRS...

what a world of difference...not the best pic but.

i am surprised GM hasn't gotten their ass sued over the old halogen projector bull shit....they are down right dangerous.

IMG_2474_zpsjni3xozt.jpg

• Like 1

Hi, I am new here but the HID thread has gotten me very interested as I just got a 2014 GMC Sierra with the projectors. Boy do the lights suck! Has anyone used or have any information or opinions about the Enlight Alpha series HID light system? They have a great video on youtube showing how to install the system. I want to do something about the lights just not sure who to go with or which system would be better. I'm not ready, yet, to cut the headlight casings or I would definitely be going with the Fastheadlights kit.

Hi, I am new here but the HID thread has gotten me very interested as I just got a 2014 GMC Sierra with the projectors. Boy do the lights suck! Has anyone used or have any information or opinions about the Enlight Alpha series HID light system? They have a great video on youtube showing how to install the system. I want to do something about the lights just not sure who to go with or which system would be better. I'm not ready, yet, to cut the headlight casings or I would definitely be going with the Fastheadlights kit.

Morimoto HIDs from The Retrofit Source. They have a Sierra spec kit that has everything you need. I've had the kit in for 3-4 months now without a single issue. Just installed a kit for my brother in law on Saturday as well. I think I read every post on every thread in this forum about HIDs before I finally pulled the trigger.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

What is brighter and whiter from Morimotor DS2? 4300 or 5000?

• KELVIN AND LUMENS (35W)
  • 3000K: Golden Yellow (~2800 lm) 4500K: Warm White (~3500 lm) 5500K: Pure White (~3400 lm) 6500K: Cool White (~3200 lm)
  • Like 1