HID Headlight Bulbs / HID Projector Retrofit

That is correct. The top spacer is simply a spacer as you will use the factory mounting holes. You will most likely only be able to get one screw in place on the top since you are doing the rear install method. One screw is totally fine. It will hold no problem. Sorry I wasn't on earlier to help.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Hey that's ok we all have things to do I understand but thanks for replying now though. Question, see how I have the bolts through the spacer then with a nut? I did that to keep them there and so they would not spin as I'm tightening the other nut after it goes through the housing. Well that is where I was having problems, the bolts stuck up too far not allowing clearance but from the link posted about showing how to do it I guess you do NOT put nuts on them like I did but rather leave then loose and hang down thus allowing more clearance to maneuver the light into position. Right?

If you don't use your brights that much don't waste money there. Phil helped me match my fogs to my headlights and he nailed it (35 watt w/ 6500k). I wish I would have gone with the FXR kit from the start.

I try to use my brights anywhere I can, the more light the better as I say. I think I am going to go with the FXR, probably going to order it in the next couple of weeks. I'll see if I can get my Fogs and High beams matched so they all flow together and give the performance I want.

Well I finally got the projectors in and now onto the HID kit. First off there are a lot wire harnesses, will I use them all? Oh and the wires coming out of the projector with the plug that you have to assemble.. What will that plug into?

I think but not 100% sure that those two wires need to be spliced with the high beams to activate the shutter is that right? But I still have too may male plug ends and not enough female??

Edited by alconk

Well I finally got the projectors in and now onto the HID kit. First off there are a lot wire harnesses, will I use them all? Oh and the wires coming out of the projector with the plug that you have to assemble.. What will that plug into?

you splice those wires into your high beam wires so that when you turn your highs on, the shutter opens.

you need the h11 relay harness

Ok I finally finished my FRX install but tell me if this looks right. To me the right light doesn't look as bright as the left or maybe it's because it's blending with the left..

DSCN1687_zpswjg6obcg.jpgDSCN1688_zpsd1aiafts.jpgDSCN1688_zpsd1aiafts.jpgDSCN1689_zpsavki4ffg.jpg

Ok I finally finished my FRX install but tell me if this looks right. To me the right light doesn't look as bright as the left or maybe it's because it's blending with the left..

DSCN1687_zpswjg6obcg.jpgDSCN1688_zpsd1aiafts.jpgDSCN1688_zpsd1aiafts.jpgDSCN1689_zpsavki4ffg.jpg

They look fine to me. But the passenger side high beam didn't seem to shine as high [emoji16]

- Mike

IG: @BlackPearl_Edition

Yours look a lot better than mine do! I need to mess with the bulbs today...

On another note, I've had the fxr's and the morimoto hids for 2 weeks now and haven't had a single light come on on my dash.. But I received my vehicle diagnostics the other day....

2051CCF9-0C14-4679-89C0-CDEC1E20C655_zps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check that the bulb is seated fully in the socket.

I tried searching this thread using the seach function up at the top right but it doesn't seem to work?

Anyways, I have been using a TRS Silverado Elite Spec setup for 6 months now and every once in awhile the passenger low beam doesn't work?

Any ideas?

I have a 15 Sierra 2500 SLE. Purchased a set of HID's from opt7. Worked great for a couple days. Now I'm having a problem when the truck is cold. I turn it on and only the passenger side wants to turn on. I turn the lights off with the knob and then back on again 5 or 6 times and then they will usually both work. I tried contacting OPT7 and they were at a loss. They sent me 2 new ballast still the same problem. I tried it with the canbus thing and without. Still the same problem. Currently I'm running the relay to the ballast to the bulb. This is their 35w slim line ballast system. I tried moving the ground wire to a different spot and that didn't work either. The problem happens both with DRL's and/or when the low beam comes on at night. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Got any pictures of these or can you tell me where you bought them looking for a new set I got the cheap xenon hids off eBay and had 2/4 lights or ballasts fail contacted company and never heard back from them

Just an update for any of you looking to do a FXR upgrade on your Sierra or Silverado. We are now selling our full fxr kit with d2h bulbs and not d2s. This has gotten rid of the need to extend the Chevy dust caps and makes for more room altogether. So there you go all you Chevy owners. No more excuses. Lol

• Like 1

Just an update for any of you looking to do a FXR upgrade on your Sierra or Silverado. We are now selling our full fxr kit with d2h bulbs and not d2s. This has gotten rid of the need to extend the Chevy dust caps and makes for more room altogether. So there you go all you Chevy owners. No more excuses. Lol

You've got to be shittin me..................

Yes sir. Wish we had thought of this sooner. Have had a few customers try it and works without modification to caps other than a hole for the wires just like needed for HIDs

Yes sir. Wish we had thought of this sooner. Have had a few customers try it and works without modification to caps other than a hole for the wires just like needed for HIDs

Yes it works great and does fit under the cap. Thank you Josh for sending me that instead of the bigger ones.