HID Headlight Bulbs / HID Projector Retrofit

If you have plug and play hids now and aren't impressed go with a full on retrofit such as the fxr

I first put in the 4300k morimoto elite kit and although it was an upgrade over stock, I did the retrofit a year later. Wished I had done it right off the bat.

I would recommend morimoto, have had their kits in my past few trucks and everything has held up good for the most part and any issues have been replaced hassle free

did you put a bi-xenon projector kit in or what projectors would you recommend?

did you put a bi-xenon projector kit in or what projectors would you recommend?

I would recommended the fxr projectors. They are bi-xenon. I used the 2.5" projectors cause I had a set lying around but 3" is a better fit for the Sierra and probably Silverado

Fast headlights has a bracket to mount the fxrs easily too

The fxr is the bigger badder one vs the stock projector in the pic

d06cfeab26f018ef7154429895a0dec1.jpg

ok cool. would i be better off getting just the adapter plate from fast headlights and getting the rest from TRS or getting the full retrofit kit from fast headlights?

I would recommended the fxr projectors. They are bi-xenon. I used the 2.5" projectors cause I had a set lying around but 3" is a better fit for the Sierra and probably Silverado

Fast headlights has a bracket to mount the fxrs easily too

The fxr is the bigger badder one vs the stock projector in the pic

d06cfeab26f018ef7154429895a0dec1.jpg

ok cool. would i be better off getting just the adapter plate from fast headlights and getting the rest from TRS or getting the full retrofit kit from fast headlights?

Think fast has a package deal with fxr kit and bracket. Thought maybe there was a group buy going on here too, but check in with him and he can let you know

• Like 1

Learn something new everyday. I had a Mr taillight kit on my Colorado that would maintain highs, lows, and fogs. Never took the time to hook up the old high beams. For one, different colors, but was sure just some new wiring would do it. I was just happy enough with the retrofit in general

Check out the 4hi and 6hi mods for these trucks. Allows the high beams to stay on with lows. I added a resistor that allows my cargo lights to come on with reverse lights for extra lighting, and my bed lights I added come on also at night. Walk out of store at night, hit unlock on my fob and my whole bed and cargo LED's come on.

yes you lose factory highs, but you gain the highs back with the fxr kit. They have butterfly that switches between each other

That is incorrect. Sikverados use a compelty different bulb for the high beam so you don't lose your high beam function. The shutter is found on the Sierras, not Silverados.

That is incorrect. Sikverados use a compelty different bulb for the high beam so you don't lose your high beam function. The shutter is found on the Sierras, not Silverados.

Thanks but we have already clarified this. You dont actually lose the high beams. The bulbs are still there. Me personally didnt hook the stock high beams up when I did a FXR retrofit. The FXR kit DOES have a shutter, and since my hids are already warmed up ready to go, I hooked up my high beams from there. You still can use your high beams but I just left them disconnected.