HID Headlight Bulbs / HID Projector Retrofit

Anyone have issues with Morimoto Elite HID kit from fastheadlights? Im getting one relay that buzzing very loudly. From what I ready this is normally a PWM issue but I have the supplied capacitor installed as the wiring suggest. Anyone else have issues?

Sorry if this was already answered but really didn't want to look through 185 pages.

Anyone done a regular LT projector retro? Was it very difficult?

Really don't want to spend $1000+ on LTZ lights and I don't trust aftermarket ones.

Hello, I have been following the diff threads on the headlight updates,and have somewhat narrowed it down to the morimoto kits as being the best option for an upgrade on my 2015 GMC Sierra. I've noticed 2 different morimoto kits? An Elite kit for 170$ and the mini d2s 4.0 for 370$. The mini appears to be the latest and greatest available? Anybody have any reviews or opinions between the 2? Local 4x4 shop says they have been having success with the elite kits and they are charging 400+ for the install. They had not heard of the mini d2s 4.0 kit yet. Anyways I guess I'm just looking for any experience between the 2, thxs for any replies.

Just finished the bracket kit for the need Morimoto Mini D2S 4.0. This is the kit guys. Amazing projector and drop in install from the rear. The performance many are saying beats the FXR. Here is a link to the directions on how the retrofit goes:

http://www.fastheadlights.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=buy_d2s4_sierra_kit

No more excuses for crappy OEM headlight performance. Lol. Anybody can do this conversion now.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

thanks for sharing!!!

Just adding my 2 cents on the Opt 7 kits. I've had the Opt 7 kit in my 2015 Sierra Denali since December 2015. I've never had any issues, have fired up every time.

The only issue I had was the color of the bulb. I selected the 5000k 35 watt kit, and the bulb was always too blue for me. It doesn't match the LED top and bottom when headlights are on. For this reason I just ordered the Morimoto 4500k replacement bulbs from ebay. I'm hoping that will give me a closer match. This is the kit I ordered from Opt 7.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OPT7-Premium-AC-CANBUS-HID-Kit-9012-5000K-Bright-White-Xenon-Light-Conversion-/121599480127?hash=item1c4fe4d13f:g:HDAAAOSw-0xYZESV&vxp=mtr

Also, the Morimoto replacement bulbs were $38 on ebay with free shipping. The retrofit source is just down the road from my office, but they are out of stock. I picked up the Morimoto LED fogs from there last year and they have been great, really add a lot of light.

f72bc510a80e94ef7c7725dd5b412bef.jpgcan someone confirm to me that I have everything I need? I have a 2015 Silverado trying to upgrade to hids. Think I have everything but thinking I might need the can bus device as well? Any input is appreciated

2015 1500 LT Silverado Midnight Edition

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris dont know all the parts but just get this kit from TRS:

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/2014-silverado-morimoto-elite.html

Have same kit but for GMC and it is worlds better than stock. Literally no comparison in light output.

that is the kit I purchased. I thought I might need the can bus/ error code eliminators after reading the first couple pages of thread

Sorry I can't answer your question since mine is an SLT with the seperate LED DRLs.

Only thing I see is my kit came with a capacitor link but no canbus/error code eliminators.

Sorry I can't answer your question since mine is an SLT with the seperate LED DRLs.

Only thing I see is my kit came with a capacitor link but no canbus/error code eliminators.

okie dokie mine also came with the capacitor link...maybe I'll be good then

f72bc510a80e94ef7c7725dd5b412bef.jpgcan someone confirm to me that I have everything I need? I have a 2015 Silverado trying to upgrade to hids. Think I have everything but thinking I might need the can bus device as well? Any input is appreciated

Looks good. No canbus needed

Looks good. No canbus needed

thank you for the reply. I read up a little more, looks like I just plug into the passenger side for the input and have the capacitor in between

thank you for the reply. I read up a little more, looks like I just plug into the passenger side for the input and have the capacitor in between

You are welcome and you are correct on the install. Good luck :)

You are welcome and you are correct on the install. Good luck :)

thanks! I'll be sure to keep everyone updated!