HID Headlight Bulbs / HID Projector Retrofit

^ Your Sierra hates you.. LOL :D

Have you checked the fuses?

I thought about those. But I went and plugged in the stock halogens and they worked. Or I atleast put in the drivers side cause I did not feel like dealing with the air intake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely check the fuse going to the battery connection and then the relay.

I thought about those. But I went and plugged in the stock halogens and they worked. Or I atleast put in the drivers side cause I did not feel like dealing with the air intake

I just went out and rechecked all the fuses. I realized that last night I completely forgot about the inline fuse. I checked it and it didn't look blown, but it looked like it had better days. So I changed it out and the headlights work again. Thanks y'all!

^ Your Sierra hates you.. LOL :D

Have you checked the fuses?

Sorry, meant to quote you, not myself, in my last post

Has anyone tried to retrofit the Yukon Denali HIDs into the Sierra yet?

I would think it would be a lot cheaper and probably less work to retrofit in some FX-R projectors. And probably better output after the fact too.

• Like 1

Likely would be...something to be said for swapping in OEM (almost) parts though. Peace of mind, if nothing else

Yea but I think the peace of mind you are thinking of is if there is a warranty involved...when you start hacking up headlights....aint no more warranty.

Edited by fondupot

Likely would be...something to be said for swapping in OEM (almost) parts though. Peace of mind, if nothing else

Yea but I think the peace of mind you are thinking of is if there is a warrant involved...when you start hacking up headlights....aint no more warranty.

I must agree. No more warranty. When you do anything to change how a certain part came from the factory. It's not always easy to get the warranty to be honored. Even if you put a genuine GM part. It's still a GM part, but it's not really where that part was intended to go

I think Baxter was referring to peace of mind knowing that the parts have OEM quality and durability. Aftermarket products can range from way better than OEM to completely worthless. Many aftermarket mechanical products don't have the reliability of OEM.

I took my HID kit off my 2010 Silverado to try and re-use on my '14. After looking at the kits on page 1 of this thread, I don't think mine has a relay. There are just several plugs and a ballast for each one. It's a 6000k 35w kit and I'm thinking all I need is to add some capacitors to make it work right. I just couldn't find any pics/descriptions of where/how to put in the capacitor.

After reading through many pages of this, I don't think I need to reverse polarity, since I'll need 2 capacitors. So where do they go? Would you need to see pics of my kit before answering? If so, I can post this afternoon.

Picked up my Sierra Thursday and wow I love this thing except everyone is right about how horrible the headlights are. My 2005 I traded in had better lights. I had HID in my 05 for 6 months 9 yrs ago with nothing but issues and took them out. Just went with Silverstars.

I have read through this thread and I really want HID but it looks like the issues still exist but some have no issues at all. Who has had HID installed without issues? What type/part#s do you have? Motomedic knows what he is talking about for sure so I want to get Morimoto ballast and a 4300K bulb. What else do I need and where do you buy them? Also do the ballast cause the static reception with the radio like my old ones did 9 yrs ago?

I just went out and rechecked all the fuses. I realized that last night I completely forgot about the inline fuse. I checked it and it didn't look blown, but it looked like it had better days. So I changed it out and the headlights work again. Thanks y'all!

Sorry, meant to quote you, not myself, in my last post

Where is the "inline" fuse located?

Where is the "inline" fuse located?

It is located between the battery terminal connection and the relay