HID Headlight Bulbs / HID Projector Retrofit

I ordered a Morimoto kit (ballasts and bulbs, etc) for the stock projector. I'll try them out to see if they will do enough to keep me happy. I'm going to supplement them with a set of 2 Baja Designs SII long range spot lights and 2 SII wide cornering lights, all 2160 lumens each. So, I should have enough light for most anything I can think of with about 15,000 lumens and very well controlled in the LEDs.

Anyone need a set of 25w 5202/PS24 Fog Light HIDs, I have some NIB for sale. http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/162691-5202ps24-25watt-fog-light-hid-kit/

I have read the entire HID thread and there are so many different opinions. I have a 2014 Sierra SLT and want HID. Can you let me know if I have the right items to have HID's without the headaches? 9012 Morimoto HID Elite system( 3 five dap ballast, 9012 4300k bulbs 3 five dap, Canbus 9012,) plus I added the 9012 HD Morimoto Relay. Am I missing anything? Also do these new HID ballast cause radio static interference? 9 yrs ago I tried Ebay HID kit and my radio reception sucked and the ballast kept blowing with the auto headlights.

http://www.theretrof.../checkout/cart/

Here's what I see on my packing slip:

1-HD relay: 9012

1-Capacitor link

2-AMP: Morimoto 3Five DSP

2-9012: 3Five 4300K

So I think you've got it right. I don't know where it is, but I wrote up my installation and results experience on prior posts. Mines been working well for 1-2 months now, and while they solved the brightness issues, the stock projectors will not allow alignment as you would expect. Even my son (15) said last night 'Dad, your high beams are pointing way to high' "yeah, I know"

Here's what I see on my packing slip:

1-HD relay: 9012

1-Capacitor link

2-AMP: Morimoto 3Five DSP

2-9012: 3Five 4300K

So I think you've got it right. I don't know where it is, but I wrote up my installation and results experience on prior posts. Mines been working well for 1-2 months now, and while they solved the brightness issues, the stock projectors will not allow alignment as you would expect. Even my son (15) said last night 'Dad, your high beams are pointing way to high' "yeah, I know"

I am trying to instal mine now and looks like what you ordered is a little different. I don't have a Capacitor link. I have 2 Canbus: 9012?

So I installed the kit and only drivers side came on. I checked connections now neither side works? I called retro fit source and I guess the Canbus is the wrong part and I need a Capacitor link

Edited by Payton34

I ordered a Morimoto kit (ballasts and bulbs, etc) for the stock projector. I'll try them out to see if they will do enough to keep me happy. I'm going to supplement them with a set of 2 Baja Designs SII long range spot lights and 2 SII wide cornering lights, all 2160 lumens each. So, I should have enough light for most anything I can think of with about 15,000 lumens and very well controlled in the LEDs.

Anyone need a set of 25w 5202/PS24 Fog Light HIDs, I have some NIB for sale. http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/162691-5202ps24-25watt-fog-light-hid-kit/

Can't wait to see the SII results

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys! New to the forum and just recently bought my 14 Sierra. I have gone through this thread quite a bit and just finished my HID install. I installed the error code eliminators and all is fine except my relay is buzzing like crazy. I have no flickering or any other issues just the loud buzz, so I thought I would see if anyone had any thoughts.

I have my code eliminators wired:

Code eliminator male plug into ballast, female end is plugged into the male relay harness. I have the female wiring harness plugged into the stock headlight plug within the dust cover. (If this makes any sense).

Thanks again in advance for the help!

For the Morimoto kit, the Can-Bus cancels out the error code, correct? Just want to make sure that if I buy the 9006 kit that I won't need anything else to install them

I received my Morimoto 35w/5000k kit yesterday and did a quick and dirty install last night. Got it working late and drove around the local area. Definitely bright. Beams seem to have a small amount of unevenness. It's hard to describe... It's brightest in the center as it should be and then as you look outward from the center, it has light and dark "stripes". It was late. I was tired. But the beams don't seem well focused in the factory projectors. I pulled up to a wall on side of a building, there were no "angel eyes".

BTW, I called my order in. We talked about my truck and options. We also talked about Phil at Fast Headlights and his installation of projectors on a Sierra. I decided to just order a kit for the factory projectors. The tech said I needed a capacitor lead between the OEM headlight circuit and the relay. He did not mention a Can-bus nor did the kit come with them. I didn't see any errors. No buzzing.

Update:

Today, I see a "check engine" light. Bummer, I guess I do need the Canbus harness. You'd think these guys would know when I ordered.

Edited by spurshot

Hey guys, if you still have the check engine light on make sure you push down the lock on the airbox plug. I did the 9011 switch and lighting still sucks. Going to with the HID's.

I put in the HIDs in OEM projectors last night. They are brighter, but seem to lack good beam control.

BTW, anyone wanting a cheap 9006/9012 4300K kit, I have one http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/162809-90069012-hid-kit-wspare-bulbs-20/

Update: My Morimoto kit with a capacitor harness but no Canbus, DIC gives a "Action needed, roll down driver side window and roll up." Too weird.

Edited by spurshot