hid headlights fogs

• Please log in to reply
365 replies to this topic

#361 bass mechanic

bass mechanic

Enthusiast

• 144 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 06:54 AM

It's reversed polarity I had the same problem. All you have to do is take a small screwdriver to the hid ballast connector and carefully move the locking tab inwards as you pull the wire out of the connector. Then spin the connector 180 degrees and re insert the 2 wires in the same orientation. Then plug it back into the connector that used to plug into the factory light bulb.
Just FYI as I stated a few pages back the whole idea of swapping the halogen bulbs for HID in factory halogen lenses is a total waste of time and money because the end result is a crappy uneven beam pattern with dark spots, hot spots and it makes the lights look like they are both pointed left from the drivers seat. As far as output is concerned they are brighter. But mostly more white color.
If you compare that to stock the halogen bulbs give a very nice consistent fill and actually project a good distance.
If you want a quality setup you have to swap projectors.
After you've experienced a true hid projector swap you'll never be happy with an amateur bulb swap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#362 skennel23

skennel23

Enthusiast

• 12 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 09:17 AM

Yea I know I'm going to do a projector swap. I had projectors with 55watt HIDs in them in my last truck (nissan titan). The light output was amazing..

#363 ChrisNJ

ChrisNJ

Enthusiast

• 551 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 10:01 AM

Got the capacitor today installed everything and working perfect so far... huge improvement now to get some hella LED optilux fogs in place of stockers  http://www.4wheelpar...fmWYaAkx_8P8HAQ

Payton, I would be interested in how the Hella's install in your GMC.  If they end up helping during low beam operation, then I could adjust my oem projectors (with HID's) during high beam down to acceptable levels, and let the Hella's handle low beam.  Thanks

#364 RDU053

RDU053

Enthusiast

• 3 posts
  • Drives:2014 GMC Sierra SLT AllTerrain

Posted 19 July 2014 - 03:58 AM

Now Running 55w Headlights and fogs, using a Lumens kit, been running for about a month now with no issues, lenses do not get hot, and no signs of damage in the fogs. (I am not recommending putting 55w in the fogs, just stating that it worked for me.)

#365 skennel23

skennel23

Enthusiast

• 12 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 12:21 PM

Finally got everything work right, it was power issue. Now aiming these headlights I adjust them two turns clockwise, correct?

#366 nevadaguy

nevadaguy

Enthusiast

• 47 posts
  • Name:tim
  • Drives:2014 sliverado cc 1500 ltz z71

Posted 19 July 2014 - 02:23 PM

Finally got everything work right, it was power issue. Now aiming these headlights I adjust them two turns clockwise, correct?

This is from HID planet, this will help you with aiming the headlights.

basically park 25ft in front of the wall and get directly in front of one side projector. then walk in a straight line towards the wall. when you get there, the / should be shining right in the middle of you. that is the proper aiming. the distance between the two // should always be the same as the distance between the two hid projector units in the headlamps. this may help

valeoaimdiagramp1.jpg

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users