HID Headlight Bulbs / HID Projector Retrofit

Humm.... Did TRS say how that could happen? I'm sure they will replace relay.... but I would like to know if that is common or not. The only thing that scares me about these damn HID's is the reliability. So far so good with mine.. fingers crossed.

Edited by GMC-AT

I just found the problem a half hour ago and fixed it. I just now sent TRS the pictures and my email asking for another relay pair (for backup). I'm more comfortable running real Hella relays.

Hey guys,

I have a question for those of you who have done a full projector swap on a Silverado. I have been poking around on TRS for a while now and I have decided a full projector retrofit is what I would like to do. It seems almost all of the projectors on their site are "bi-xenon" which as I understand it, means the projector will come with a shutter to switch from low to high-beams? If this is the case are you guys just leaving the shutter closed and putting the new projector in? Ovbiously on the Silverado there is no control for a shutter like the GMC and we wouldn't need it anyways because our hi-beams are seperate lights.

Thanks!

4081ad30903dea8b7e6b60712ce5cebc.jpge62ff4e164498c3b4e0dd5df9d7024ad.jpg

I used one of those blue plastic wire connectors and connected the 2 red wires from the bixenon to the black and light blue wires of the high beam connector. After connections are made, test high beams using the high beams flashing approx. 30 times to assure proper function.

Question ! how quick are yall's lights to warm up. My previous car an audi there was a bkue flash then bam, lights were white. With my morimoto there's a blue flash then they stay blue for 5-10 seconds before they are white and ready to go.

I'm about ready to tackle my first retrofit. I had to learn a bit more about the adjuster mechanism before I was willing to do a retrofit. I was not worried about being able to do the mod so much as how the adjusters worked with the mod.

I'm about ready to tackle my first retrofit. I had to learn a bit more about the adjuster mechanism before I was willing to do a retrofit. I was not worried about being able to do the mod so much as how the adjusters worked with the mod.

I saw a guy do a really nice retro over on HID planet to a 2014 Sierra. http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?59013-2014-SIERRA-Projector-Upgrade/page9&highlight=2014+Sierra

I saw a guy do a really nice retro over on HID planet to a 2014 Sierra. http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?59013-2014-SIERRA-Projector-Upgrade/page9&highlight=2014+Sierra

This is the same poster and the same narrative already posted here:

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/152762-hid-headlight-bulbs-hid-projector-retrofit/page-31?do=findComment&comment=1489354

Edited by glioma

If you look a page or 2 back, around post # 459, the same person, Bass Mechanic, posted the same DIY retrofit walk through for the Sierra on here.

If you look a page or 2 back, around post # 459, the same person, Bass Mechanic, posted the same DIY retrofit walk through for the Sierra on here.

oh dang. nice.

Hey do any of you guys know of a place I could buy extensions to put in between the ballasts and bulbs? I'm thinking of running HID's in all 6 of my lights (hi, lo, fog) and would like to make up a bracket to hold all the ballasts togeather in the space for my non-existant extra battery. There's nowhere near enough length to do this the way the kits come. Don't really want to zip tie ballasts everywhere.

Thanks.

I just sent my lights out to Fast Headlights LLC in New York for a complete HID retrofit with color changing Halos. Going for the Transformer look. I will post pics and let you guys know how they came out.

Edited by JaronM3