hid headlights fogs

512 replies to this topic

#511 GMC-AT

GMC-AT

Enthusiast

• 912 posts
  • Drives:2014 GMC AT -Double Cab SLT, Loaded

Posted Today, 08:49 PM

Humm....  Did TRS say how that could happen?   I'm sure they will replace relay.... but I would like to know if that is common or not.  The only thing that scares me about these damn HID's is the reliability.   So far so good with mine.. fingers crossed. 

Edited by GMC-AT, Today, 08:52 PM.

2014 GMC AT Double Cab - STL Loaded

#512 spurshot

spurshot

Senior Enthusiast

• 2,993 posts

Posted Today, 09:12 PM

I just found the problem a half hour ago and fixed it.  I just now sent TRS the pictures and my email asking for another relay pair (for backup).  I'm more comfortable running real Hella relays. 

DSC_7821_zpsacf5baa7.jpg

2014 Sierra SLT All Terrain 5.3 Crew 6 1/2 ft bed, 305/60-18 Cooper ST Maxx, 1 1/2" level, 5000k Morimoto HID, 4 Baja Designs SII LED lights, Bushwacker flares

2008 Silverado 1500 VMax Crew 4x4 LTZ, NHT

#513 colton_m

colton_m

Enthusiast

• 41 posts
  • Drives:'14 Silverado LTZ Z71 6.2L

Posted Today, 10:49 PM

Hey guys,

I have a question for those of you who have done a full projector swap on a Silverado. I have been poking around on TRS for a while now and I have decided a full projector retrofit is what I would like to do. It seems almost all of the projectors on their site are "bi-xenon" which as I understand it, means the projector will come with a shutter to switch from low to high-beams? If this is the case are you guys just leaving the shutter closed and putting the new projector in? Ovbiously on the Silverado there is no control for a shutter like the GMC and we wouldn't need it anyways because our hi-beams are seperate lights.

Thanks!

26 user(s) are reading this topic

4 members, 22 guests, 0 anonymous users