HID Headlight Bulbs / HID Projector Retrofit

I will have the Chevy Fxr adapter kit for this weekenf. The Sierra kit has been done. The Chevy kit will allow for the rear install method. Sierra still requires opening of the light since the oem unit is too big to pull out the back. Still working in the how to video for the kit. Hard to get a video put together and still get retrofits and other stuff out the door. Lol

Installing a projector that has a smaller diameter into a larger I.D. hole in the adjuster gimble should have a reducer ring to center it. You could crutch it up with some home made spacers around the snout of the projector, but it's not what I'd want in my truck. I'm in the same situation with the RX projector in the Sierra housing. It needs a reducer ring.

Edited by spurshot

I'd be surprised if there wasn't a decent improvement going to the 3.0.

Sent from 38,000ft @565 mph in a A380 halfway to Japan

TRS claims the light output is the same but they also claim the 2.5" is the correct lens so I don't know how much I trust them. We just got 15 inches of snow this past weekend so I'm will waiting to do my install :(