trouble filling tank and on E too soon

When I try to fill up with gas, the pump kicks off every 10-15 seconds, it takes forever to get it full. I am thinking its the vent line but I was also told it could be an evap canister. Will I have to drop the tank to clear all this up?

Also, it says I am on empty after only about 20 gallons, I know I have a 26 gallon tank, What up with that?

2004 2500HD 6.0L gas 4X4

I guess you have already tried to adjust have far in/out the nozzle goes in? Sometimes that happens and I adjust accordingly. As for the other thing, sounds like a sending unit issue.

I have had this issue since i purchased my 2012 Sierra 18 months ago, and I also had it happen on my 2010 Sierra.

I learned quick that only about half of the pumps I tied will do it. And when you get to a pump that does stop pumping every 10 seconds or so, just pull the spout out about 1 inch and it should correct the problem.

its definitely not the pumps im using. The truck has 170K miles and its new to me ao I dont know how long its been going on but I have figured out that there is about 5 gallons left in the tank when the light comes on. I dont know if the stepper motors have been replaces either.

Archived