2014+ Gas Mileage (MPG) Topic

Sorry, 4x4 and same with the 04 I was comparing it to. I did see today on the way to work my best for the last 25 miles was 27!!

I should add that I check the readout with a calculator too and its been dead on 2 times .5 mpg lower then the readout about 3 times and .2 higher then the readout once.

You can check out my milage on fuelly, name is silverspaceship I think I'm still the only 2014 silverado.

Keep in mind MN gas has 10% ethanol.

You can check out my milage on fuelly, name is silverspaceship I think I'm still the only 2014 silverado.

Your not the only 2014 out on fuelly. I just haven't had to fill up mine yet. :-)

I'm gonna send ya friend request on Fuelly.

- Sent from my sexy iPhone.

Sorry, 4x4 and same with the 04 I was comparing it to. I did see today on the way to work my best for the last 25 miles was 27!!

I should add that I check the readout with a calculator too and its been dead on 2 times .5 mpg lower then the readout about 3 times and .2 higher then the readout once.

Do you have a lot of hills around where you live?

Do you have a lot of hills around where you live?

And how do you drive? Do you do a lot of coasting to stop signs-stoplights or do you drive like a normal person? The mpg you are getting is outstanding for a truck.

Yes some hills on the way to work not big hills but enough to nock it out of V4. there's a 14 gmc on fuelly getting .3 mpg better then me.

I drive normal other then trying not to let it idle too much like turn it off while waiting in line at the bank. I drive 61 to 62 mph when the speed limit is 60 and 65 when in a 65. My acceleration is on par with everyone else on the road. No coasting or hyper milling .

Edited by Silver Spaceship
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got some highway only miles on the truck. Fueled up at a quiktrip on the hwy and drove about 25 miles. I am pleased with results so far with my new truck.

a2a9y6em.jpg

y6u3udam.jpg

b1gted, what kind of speed were you running on the highway? I still can't believe the mileage these trucks get. My last tank I hand calculated, and it was only off 0.2mpg from the trip display.

Cruise set on 73 for 95% of the 27 miles. The rest was anywhere from 35 to 55 mph.