2014+ Gas Mileage (MPG) Topic

I appearently don't have a 25-mile average screen. All I can find is the average mpg on the tripometer screen. Is the best 25-mile screen only on specific models?

556700_10200372912185282_987277685_n.jpg

It's there, look through the settings, mine was unchecked when I picked it up. Mine seems to have averaged out to 19.0 on my drive to work, which is 4 miles of construction and traffic lights.

No highway travel at all?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

No highway travel at all? Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Not yet. My drive to work went from 5 minutes to 25 because of all the damn construction on Rt. 61. There's been a few 4 or 5 mile highway stints where I was showing well over 20mpg.

It's there, look through the settings, mine was unchecked when I picked it up. Mine seems to have averaged out to 19.0 on my drive to work, which is 4 miles of construction and traffic lights.

Thanks for the tip. It was unchecked in the settings just like you said!

Thanks again.

I personally would like to know what the highway economy is like, I do about a 1000 miles a week almost all highway

i do anywhere from 600 to 1000 a week... i have car that i use as my DD... the money i save in fuel pays for the car.. i get about 40mpg on the highway

Nice. My drive to work is about 3 miles of about 45mph traffic and about 6 stop lights. The straight city driving is what inn curious about because of that. My Trailblazer SS is currently getting me 10mpg on premium gas. :( ...

Holy crap! :blink: Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Sigh I caved, my local dealer called me and offered me $13,000 off of a 2013 Denali dealer cost price which is enough to allow me to walk away from my 2010 with 200,000 klms on it, there's no way I'll ever save that much in fuel costs in the life of the 2014, I guess I'll change when they come out with 8 speed transmission, the 2013 will be worn out by then anyway

Nice. My drive to work is about 3 miles of about 45mph traffic and about 6 stop lights. The straight city driving is what inn curious about because of that. My Trailblazer SS is currently getting me 10mpg on premium gas. :( ... Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

with that type of short drive your mpg will never be good. Make sure to get some long open road miles and use BG 44k every 20,000 or so.

• Like 1

Nice. My drive to work is about 3 miles of about 45mph traffic and about 6 stop lights. The straight city driving is what inn curious about because of that. My Trailblazer SS is currently getting me 10mpg on premium gas. :( ... Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

with that type of short drive your mpg will never be good. Make sure to get some long open road miles and use BG 44k every 20,000 or so.

Yep I know. Just looking to see how accurate the EPA numbers are when compared to real world numbers. An extra 6 or 7 MPG is pretty big for me when you calculate it out over several months bet the savings work out to be at least a car payment maybe two a year...

Rain403, my 09 CC 4x4 5.3 was I think 15 and 21 on the window. At 52000 miles my dic shows an over all average of 17.0. I am about 50/50 hwy/city and do a lot of pasture slow roll that hurts mpg. The best hwy by manual method (filling up at same pump etc) has been around 19 at 75mph.

So I would figure the window mpg to be a couple mpg off on hwy and maybe one off for city.

Maybe some one can do a normal city 25 mile best reading for you.

Edited by STex

5.3 with 3.42 gears, 2600 miles now and 19.9 for overall average mixed driving. The best I've seen is 24.7 on a 100 mile trip.

I drive 61 on 60 mph hwy and 65 on 65 mph hwy so I kinda drive like a old man. Just to give an example during the same time of year last year I was getting 15.7 with my 2004 5.3, 3.73 gears same driving habits.

5.3 with 3.42 gears, 2600 miles now and 19.9 for overall average mixed driving. The best I've seen is 24.7 on a 100 mile trip.

I drive 61 on 60 mph hwy and 65 on 65 mph hwy so I kinda drive like a old man. Just to give an example during the same time of year last year I was getting 15.7 with my 2004 5.3, 3.73 gears same driving habits.

Is this 4 wheel drive or two?