2014+ Gas Mileage (MPG) Topic

Just took a 1200 mile round trip. Had 4 adults with luggage. 15-dbl cab 5.3 with K&N & Flomaster cat back. 11,000 miles on od. Cruise set at 79. Got 24 mpg. I really like this truck!

Edited by LorcinLS1

Just got back from a 300mi road trip where I averaged 22 on the way there and the wife averaged 27 on the way home. This truck boggles my mind. 420hp, 3 tons and 27 mpg just doesn't add up.

My last car, c63 amg, had a 6.2l with 500hp, weighed 2 tons and I couldn't pull more than 18mpg out of it.

-ttalk

Edited by m3n00b
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Been a while since my last update.

Truck now has 53k miles on it. Lifetime average is 19.6mpg. I tow our boat a lot in the summer. I've noticed it drop off with the winter blends as far as MPG but pick back up again in summer.

Best 25mile trip so far is over 31mpg

Best 50mile trip so far is over 27mpg

Best 400mile trip is just over 24mpg.

• Like 1

Just got back from a 300mi road trip where I averaged 22 on the way there and the wife averaged 27 on the way home. This truck boggles my mind. 420hp, 3 tons and 27 mpg just doesn't add up.

My last car, c63 amg, had a 6.2l with 500hp, weighed 2 tons and I couldn't pull more than 18mpg out of it.

-ttalk

Your wife must have light shoes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 2016 crew cab 4x4. 3.42 gears, headers, intake and custom tune. Also have heavy factory 22" wheels.

I drive 34 miles one way to work on the highway. Truck averages right at 20mpg. Runnimg a consistant 75+ MPH

You know what kind of HP numbers you're getting?

The truck made 308rwhp on a mustang dyno. It was 98 degrees inside the shop and also very humid. The air intake twmp went over 220 degrees. Prolly out down close to 315 or 320 on a good weather day

I'm at 332whp with similar mods, if you want to use that as reference. That's e85 though.

Edited by Rawyzf
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...