2014+ Gas Mileage (MPG) Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

6.2 8spd gets consistently over 20 MPG for around 17,000 miles

A lot of remote starts and probably 50% city driving, plus a LEAD FOOTED driver LOL. Could probably get over 30 MPG if I was a hypermilling type of guy......... Here is a video of my standard takeoff!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPSXTcMtO0k

Edited by MyFavTruck

• 2 months later...

I drive 55.5 miles daily from my driveway to work, and about 40 of that is interstate cruise control set to 74MPH. DIC readout is a 22.X MPG. Manual calculation at fill up is always 2.X mpg less. Don't get carried away with the DIC readout on any vehicle. The same week I purchased my truck I made a trip to AL from TN, a 4 1/2 hr trip. Got as high as 25.X from DIC readout lol. Looked good, and was close with manual calculations. Mountains in TN kept the numbers going down.

• 3 weeks later...

I get 15.5 -16.5 around town without my Range device. Worst with it.

Took a 7 hour trip up to Kansas last week. 20.9 going up without the Range device, 18.6 coming back with the Range device. Wind wasn't a factor.

Stock '14 LTZ CC w/5.3L 4X4 and I've removed the rear spacer blocks. No toneau.

• 2 weeks later...

I just hit the 20k mile mark and owned the truck for 3 years tomorrow. My lifetime (hand calculated) mpg is 19.2. Last 2 years the air dam has been off but everything else stock. It appears the air dam cost me about 0.2mpg but I don't do a lot of interstate driving so my results may be different than somebody else who does.

• 3 weeks later...

6.2/6 speed on 33s gets 16-18 hwy depending on how fast i go...loaded down this weekend with 18' pipe trailer and 2 four wheelers and a lifted side x side with coolers and gear in the bed of the truck got 11 consistently doin 70mph in hill country. Has LT's, afe intake, dyno tune

• Like 1