Remote Start

I'm not sure if this is a problem or not. When I remote start my 14 and its hot outside the air conditioner doesn't turn on full blast like my 09 did. My AC seats will turn on but the actual AC blows how I left it. I was wondering if GM changed this or if I should take it to the shop.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you have the system on auto or manual?

This is important. The manual states "The climate control system will use the previous settings during a

remote start."

There is also a setting in your Vehicle Climate and Air Quality settings for Auto Fan Max Speed. You can choose Low, Medium or High.

You can set the remote start fan speed, look in your user manual it should tell you how to change it. I know my is through the settings in the infotainment.

^^^ beat me to it lol.

Thanks for the replies.

I never thought about putting it on auto before getting out of the truck. I never use auto when I'm driving because I like to control how and where it blows. I know my 09 would blow full blast when remote started no matter how the air was set. I guess they changed that.

I'm not sure if this is a problem or not. When I remote start my 14 and its hot outside the air conditioner doesn't turn on full blast like my 09 did. My AC seats will turn on but the actual AC blows how I left it. I was wondering if GM changed this or if I should take it to the shop.

Hello,

I see that you may have a question about your remote start and the air condition in your vehicle. If the other replies or putting your air condition on auto before getting out of the vehicle did not help answer you question, I would like to reach out to some of my resources to find the answer. Let me know if I can be of assistance.

Safe travels,

Jennifer T.

GM Customer Care

If it's anything like my 10 Denali then the settings are linked to the keyless entry, saving the auto temp and seat positions will result in those settings being initiated when you use the autostart

• 2 months later...

I'm having the same problem. The heat won't come on even though it's pretty cold outside, I didn't figure how to fix it yet. Also I have chose in the Remote Start settings "heated seats - on" and the seats are not even near being heated when I enter the car

Ok guys I was thumbing through my "getting to know your 2014 Sierra" book today while cleaning out my truck. Here is what I found on page 4 about the heated seats during remote start.

If the remote start heated seats option is selected, the heated seat button indicators DO NOT illuminate and the temperature performance of the unoccupied seat may be reduced during remote start. The heated seat turns off when the ignition is turned on.

Hope this answers your questions. It does not say anything about remote start HVAC operation in the book.

Ok guys I was thumbing through my "getting to know your 2014 Sierra" book today while cleaning out my truck. Here is what I found on page 4 about the heated seats during remote start.

If the remote start heated seats option is selected, the heated seat button indicators DO NOT illuminate and the temperature performance of the unoccupied seat may be reduced during remote start. The heated seat turns off when the ignition is turned on.

Hope this answers your questions. It does not say anything about remote start HVAC operation in the book.

I'm aware that the heated seat button do not illuminate and the temperature performance of the unoccupied seat may be reduced during remote start, but I expect the seats to be somewhat warm which they are not.

HVAC - page 2-6: "The climate control system will use the previous settings during a

remote start." What if it was hot outside and I used the ac to cool the vehicle in the afternoon last? If it's cold in the next morning the heater won't turn on?

Yes use auto on the HVAC. That way it will control the cab temp on remote start automatically and heat or cool it off depending on the temp you set. The new trucks are not like the 07-13 trucks. My 09 would control the temp if the system was off or on. However if it's off now the only thing you are doing is burning gas now. Thank GM for that stupid programming change.

Archived