Remote Start

I understand your point. I just don't see how exactly 65 degrees is "heating" when it's around 55 outside, especially if I enter the truck and the AC light is on, that means cooling and not heating

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

The AC light has nothing to do with the temperature. It simply means that the system/compressor is engaged. These trucks use the AC system to help with defrosting/dehumidifying the truck via the condenser.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Correct...

I can see where some get confused here. Just think of it this way.. Let's say you start the truck up in the morning and it's 35 degrees outside. You have the auto (AC) still set at 70.... because when you parked the afternoon before it was 85 outside and you were using the COLD air condition.

When you crank up in the next AM... the truck will turn on the heater... as hot as can... until the truck reaches the 70 degrees temp you had set. Even if the "AC Button" is turned on as indicated above.... it will blow HOT air until the cabin reaches 70.

THEN... it may use the cold AC later in the day when it warms up.... depending on the outside temp.. whatever is needed to maintain the 70 degrees in the cabin.

Correct...

I can see where some get confused here. Just think of it this way.. Let's say you start the truck up in the morning and it's 35 degrees outside. You have the auto (AC) still set at 70.... because when you parked the afternoon before it was 85 outside and you were using the COLD air condition.

When you crank up in the next AM... the truck will turn on the heater... as hot as can... until the truck reaches the 70 degrees temp you had set. Even if the "AC Button" is turned on as indicated above.... it will blow HOT air until the cabin reaches 70.

THEN... it may use the cold AC later in the day when it warms up.... depending on the outside temp.. whatever is needed to maintain the 70 degrees in the cabin.

Yeah, the A/C light in these trucks is almost always on to help assist with the air humidify. Once the temperatures get cold enough (roughly 50 degrees), it'll no longer engage, even if you push the AC button. The light simply blinks and it turns off. I assume this is to prevent the system from turning into a giant block of ice when it's below freezing outside.

I understand that the seats do not heat as much with remote start when nobody is in the truck as when someone is actually sitting in the seats. This AM, snow covering the truck, 30 degrees outside, I remote started the truck while I was inside and I did not feel any heat in the seats. Overall, the A/C and Seats on remote start on this truck are very disappointing. Give me my 2010 Silverado back!

I was informed that the dealer tried this feature an a new vehicle in their lot and it also didn't start the heated seats. Temp there was 31 degrees in light snow.

So here is what is happening on my truck:

Yesterday afternoon I left the AC on 65 degrees and on AUTO position. This morning I was happy to find that the AC indicator was off and the vents were blowing kind of warm air, as warm as it can be for 65 degrees. What I've discovered is, if I leave the system on 65 degrees when the AC is on, and the "AUTO" is not on "on" position, the next morning the AC will turn on and it will blow cold air no matter the temp outside. Locally this is my first remote start system so I never actually got use to the way the old system works I just know how it works.

One thing for sure, the heated seats are not working in remote start

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

• 4 weeks later...

Dealer kept the truck overnight and tried to get the seats to work the next morning when it was cold. They could not get the heated seats to work with the remote start. I have the truck back while the dealer contacts GM for answers. I suggested that they try the feature on the two new appropriately equipped trucks in the lot, which they said that they will. I am starting to believe that none of the new 2014s heated seats with remote start will work

They don't get hot when no one is sitting in them. but when you sit down and turn them on you'll notice that they don't take nearly as long to warm up as if you just jumped in without remote starting. Defrosters definately work. I wish the steering wheel would come on with the remote starter

• 4 weeks later...

This remote start thing is stupid I can't believe that GM changed how the system has worked for years, I just traded a 2012 Silverado LTZ 4X4 for a 2014 Silverado LTZ 4X4 Both have heated and cooled seats the 14 has heated steering wheel so to my surprise when it was 9 out the other day and I did the remote start nothing was on when I went to the truck Ice cold inside yes I checked the setting in the DIC and the heated seats are set to on with remote start, it would seem to me that when below 30 that the heated steering wheel the heated seats and the heater or defroster which ever needed would come on if this is the kinda crap GM is putting out the so called smart truck this will be my last GM!

Also when I took it to the dealer they don't know anything all they did was ask the sales guys and the service manager if the remote start turned on the heated seated in the trucks that they where driving really are you kidding me? $47000 for the truck and all the fancy stuff is worthless I wish I has my 2012 back it worked regardless if the HVAC was off or not and where we not told years ago to turn off HVAC before shutting off the truck to save the A/C clutch? yes I m sure we where! so now lets leave it in auto all the time what why? GM adjust your so called smart truck computer because the 07-13 worked just fine whether it was hot out or cold the truck did the opposite so that the truck was comfortable when you get in it! and by the way why have a heated steer in wheel if it is not set to turn on with remote start when cold outside? stupid! stupid! wastes of money! GM needs to fix problem!

Archived