So my wife went and broke the right passenger side mirror on the Avy. They are the power extending style and of course they only extend and retract manually! What are my options for replacements? I hate these mirrors anyway but now I got a reason to change em out! I love the 07 and newer style HD mirrors on the GM's! Will these work on my truck? If not, what else would you recommend? I would love to install power folding tow mirrors using the factory power switch for the extending ones but I have not been able to find anything.

the tow mirrors do not come in power extend or power fold. you can get them power with heat (only if you have the heated mirror option), but beware that you have to get 03-06 mirrors. 99-02 mirrors or GMT900 mirrors will not work.

did a quick google and came up with this

http://www.monsterautoparts.com/chevrolet/avalanch/chevrolet_avalanche_towing_mirrors.htm

03-05 had power extend/retract

Sent from my Samsung GS4 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

I don't think the 07+ non classics will fit the classic 03-07's. But you do have a ton of options out there for after market power, heated, with signal. I am not sure there is much for the power extending ones though. The after market ones look great but they tend to vibrate a bit more driving down the road. Good luck.

Kool vue makes both the 03-05 accordion power extend mirror ane also the 06 style like I have

Sent from my Samsung GS4 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

I ordered up some aftermarket mirros that mimic the HD mirrors. Now I just gotta get off my arse and put em on! lol

Got the mirrors installed. I think they look pretty damn good to me, espcially for the price! Haven't used em for towing yet but will next weekend.

1093784_671946339500348_1420830906_o.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By 6.0bigred
      I have a1999 Silverado 2500 4x4 6.0 that I just got running again it has been sitting for 2 years because my girls dad was going through some rough time and didn't really care now 2 years later he is in no shape to be under a hood or on his back messing with the thing anyways I needed a vehicle and he said if I could get it running I could use it I went and bought a can of sea foam a 10gal gas can with gas and battery put everything in/on and it started right up like it was nothing I was like sweet since then witch was 2 days before this post ive don a oil change wit 10w30 Castrol edge high millage and k&n oil filter a much needed bath all new lights toped off dexcool, power steering,  witch is leaking but the whole reason I was making this post was when I stop at nights 2 things happen AND ONLY SOMTIMES the gas peddles feels like its getting stuck when I go to APPLY presser but not on release  and it idles funny but if I put it in natural and rev it the put it back in gear it will idle normal the rest of the time till the light turns green but at the next light it may or may not do it what do you think it could be
    • By Blackflag8
      Hey what's up everyone. Not sure if this is where to ask this or not.  I'm looking to upgrade from a chevy 2002 1500 z71 to a 2500 chevy or gmc I've been looking from about 2004 and up. The biggest issue I'm trying to decide right now is gas or diesel. I am a mechanic but never worked or messed with diesels.

So I tow a open car trailer and racecar in the summer during race season right now about 6,000-7,000lbs depending on which car is on it. I do tow some other stuff here and there too. But I would like the ability to tow more and to have something better for long distance trips and driving/ towing in the mountains. Now mountain trips would probably be less then a handful of times a year. Unless we really decided we liked racing at the track out there then might go a few more times. I don't plan for the truck to be a daily driver. I've put about 20,000 on my 1500 I have now in the 8 years I've had it. About 2-3 years of that was daily driving. Now whatever I do get I plan on having for a good while probably at least 10+ years I would say.  And also want to be prepared if I ever upgrade to an enclosed trailer or ever got a camper etc..

What I do know right now is 6.0 is a gas hog, Duramax will give you better fuel economy and obviously better when it comes to towing. I know  Lbz trucks seem to be the ones everyone says are the best to go for. But I don't know if I do enough hauling to justify the added expenses and maintenance for a Duramax. 

Also just trying to figure out what the best years, engine, and trans combos are to look for and any other issues either of these trucks have to be aware of. Sorry if this was too big of a post or not the right place to put this but Any advice help or opinions are greatly appreciated.
    • By uconnjack
      My 2008 5.3L 4WD Avalanche with ~135K miles has recently been throwing a P0306 cylinder 6 misfire, along with a Stablitrak warning. It first happened a couple weeks ago but only lasted a day. I cleared the code and it was fine for another couple of weeks before it happened again today. It does go through a lot of oil (probably a at every 1,000 miles), and there is a clicking sound.

I know from researching this the last couple weeks that its likely failure of the #6 cylinder lifter and/or plug fouling due to the AFM system design and/or old PCV cover. I intend on doing some diagnostics this weekend including inspecting and replacing (if needed) plugs/wires/coils, doing compression tests, and pulling off valve covers to look for stuck lifters/valves. 

My questions are:

1) Other than the obvious, is there anything else I should be specifically looking out for when running these tests?

2) Are there are any other diagnostic tests I should be doing while I am in there.

3) Assuming compression test is fine, and replacing plugs/wires stops the misfires, can I hold off on replacing a bad lifter if there is one?

4) I would plan on getting a Range tuner to disable AFM (which I should have done when I bought the truck 3 years ago) and replacing the valve coverwith the new one. If the compression test is OK suggesting there is (currently) no ring, gasket, valve, etc. damage, would these measures stave off more issues? 

4) If a lifter is bad and I really need to replace it now, can I just replace the one, or do I need to replace them all? Also, how difficult is it to take the passenger side head off to access the #6 lifters? 

5) If it does fail compression, am I likely screwed and looking at a rebuild or replacement? 

6) Any other advice, recommendations, or thoughts?

Thanks in advance!
    • By woyster_00z71
      Howdy guys!  It has been awhile since I've posted anything as life has been crazy and the 2007 Avalanche 1500 2WD has been good.  However, with almost 150,000 miles now, the front end is starting to feel loose and noises abound.  I think it is time for some maintenance.  I'm trying to determine what all I should replace.  Might as well do it all while it is apart.  All work will be performed by me in my garage.

I know I've gotta replace the ball joints and tie rod ends.  Upper ball joints aren't replaceable alone, have to replace the entire control arm.  Going to get the control arms complete with ball joint and bushings.  Might as well do the same for the lowers and make it easy on myself.

What else should I replace?  Pitman arm?  Any other steering components?  I was all bearings, joints, bushings to be replaced, I just don't know what all is down there.

I'm also having some squeaking/squealing and I'm wondering if I should replace the front hubs.  Maybe a front brake job while I'm at it?
    • By Z71Flowmaster
      I've seen several conflicting reports regarding the fluid capacities on both the front and rear differentials on my 07 Avalanche. The manual does a great job specifying the gear oil types but seems to be lacking the capacities part in the "fluids and capacities" section.  Anyone have a good answer for me? I sure would appreciate it!