Service Traction Control / Service Stabilitrak Message....

Hey guys, my 2008 Sierra Z-71 SLT has a Service Traction Control / Service Stabilitrak Message on my DIC, and a ABS and Stabilitrac warning lights on with 22,135 miles on it.....Now what, other than take it to the Dealership????

lol yes definitely active codes. does everything function as it should? I get service 4wd and Stabilitrak lights when I do donuts on ice in 4wd. or sometimes when I get stuck, or whatever, and Stabilitrak is off, and there's lots of tire spin... they always go away after a couple days, sometimes within 1 or 2 key cycles.

I had the "Service Stabilitrack", "Service Traction Control" message come up on my truck but I also had a "Engine Power Is Reduced" messaged along with both SES and TCS lights on. Happened a few months ago (March 2013) My truck had about 52,000 miles at the time. I limped it to the Chevy Dealer and they listed the codes on my RO. P0121 and P2135 both related to my failed Throttle Position Sensor. They replaced the TPS, reprogrammed the ECU and reset idle speed. 5 months/ 10,000 miles later. Now I have 62,000 miles on my truck and I've never had that message nor any other issue, runs great. This is the only issue I had with this truck and nothing else since.

My truck's Stabilitrak and traction control warnings have come on a couple times... Once at 6000 KM, and once at about 14,000... Both times it went away after starting the truck again... It happened on my '07 as well, but only after getting stuck in the snow pretty bad.

Thanks guys for the info...I took it to the dealer at 0630 this morning and they didn't even touch it today...LOL...So I guess tomorrow
they can look at it. From what I have read on other forums, most people have had either the steering position sensor or the throttle body replaced.

I'll let you know....

My truck's Stabilitrak and traction control warnings have come on a couple times... Once at 6000 KM, and once at about 14,000... Both times it went away after starting the truck again... It happened on my '07 as well, but only after getting stuck in the snow pretty bad.

The same on my truck.

I guess it was some dirt on a sensor.

so long

j-ten-ner

• 5 months later...

Just had mine in last Thursday for the reduced engine power, stabiltrak and traction control warnings. I have 62000 miles on it. Turns out the throttle and accelerator sensors were bad. Throttle sensor was covered by GM but the accelerator wasn't. Can't complain about that.

Sent from my SCH-I535

• 2 years later...

I have a 2011 Silverado sxt. cab 4x4 and one day out of the blue the "service stabilitrak" service traction control" lights came on and also in the DIC panel. The only other symptom I noticed was that the transmission shifted like there was a very minor load shift in the bed or something, but this was hardly noticeable. I could turn the truck off, wait 1 min. and start the truck again and the lights would go off and stay off until I drove the truck for maybe 7-15 miles and the lights always seemed to come on when I was stopped with my foot on the brake (like at a street light or stop sign.) This went on for a couple of weeks, so I disconnected the neg. battery cable for a few minutes and then reconnected it and the TC/ST lights didn't come on as often but they were still coming on, I went a week the last time they came on between instances. After doing loads of research on line to find a solution I finally replaced the brake light switch under the drivers knee bolster, it was $10 for OEM part on Amazon and took about 15 min. to change out. It has been over a week now and the lights have not come on again. I will update this info if the lights come on as they did before in the future but so far so good. There is a couple of good videos on YouTube about how to do the brake switch replacement. This is my first post to this site so forgive me if I posted this info in the wrong location.

Archived