LED 921 Reverse & Cargo Bulbs

If you have a 2014, cancel your order asap! They're good bulbs but the new housing has diffusers that mess up the light. The bulbs would probably work well in GMT-900's but definitely not in 2014's.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at the housing, I think the major problems are the diffuser elements built into the plastic and the gaps b/w LEDs on bulbs. The diffuser scatters the light of the LED+lens on top of the bulb meant to project rearward. And the sides of the bulbs only emit light in four basic directions, so parts of the reflector don't receive direct light (left bulb in pic). This results in a zebra stripe effect out the back.

I'm thinking maybe a bulb with more LEDs covering it's surface might work better, though I'm not sure how bright they'd be (right bulb in pic). Dunno... I'm going to keep looking into this when I have time.

post-34923-0-64990300-1375648867_thumb.jpg

The Samsung T10 2323 LED's are bright, they're brighter than stock. I would get them, I am pleased with them and I believe you all would be too!!!

I did, reread the posts above. They are completely ineffective when I installed them in my 2014.

Ordered another set of 921's, this time from V-LEDs... if these aren't any better, then I'm done! ha

Ok.. got my 921 LED's installed, so I'll recap my findings.

DDM - In the 2014 reverse housings, they produce less light than the factory bulbs. This isn't to say they're not decent bulbs... it's just the new trucks use a diffuser in reverse glass that hampers all LED's performance.

Bosen (sold on eBay as "Samsung 2323") - When used as reverse bulbs, the output is slightly more than stock but b/c of the diffuser they cast zebra-stripes on ground and objects behind. When I put them in the center cargo light's clear housing, they worked great. Put out a lot of light, especially behind the truck. So I don't recommend them for 2014 back-up bulbs, but they're good bulbs for 2014 cargo lights.

V-LEDS - These use virtually the same type/quality of LED as the Bosen but b/c these have 15 versus Bosen's 10, the V-LEDS perform much better as reverse bulbs. Light output is significantly more than stock and, while the zebra-effect is still present, it's not as noticeable. Of the three sets I've tried, I can only recommend the V-LEDS for 2014 back-up replacements.

post-34923-0-28449100-1376103419_thumb.jpg

Ok.. got my 921 LED's installed, so I'll recap my findings.

DDM - In the 2014 reverse housings, they produce less light than the factory bulbs. This isn't to say they're not decent bulbs... it's just the new trucks use a diffuser in reverse glass that hampers all LED's performance.

Bosen (sold on eBay as "Samsung 2323") - When used as reverse bulbs, the output is slightly more than stock but b/c of the diffuser they cast zebra-stripes on ground and objects behind. When I put them in the center cargo light's clear housing, they worked great. Put out a lot of light, especially behind the truck. So I don't recommend them for 2014 back-up bulbs, but they're good bulbs for 2014 cargo lights.

V-LEDS - These use virtually the same type/quality of LED as the Bosen but b/c these have 15 versus Bosen's 10, the V-LEDS perform much better as reverse bulbs. Light output is significantly more than stock and, while the zebra-effect is still present, it's not as noticeable. Of the three sets I've tried, I can only recommend the V-LEDS for 2014 back-up replacements.

Moto, any pics of the V-LED's? Before and after perhaps?

Using them in GMT-900 and every other car. Just get the 5 watt T15 that has 1 led in it. Forget the side emitter bulb.

This?? http://retro-solutions.net/product-info.php?921_912_906_T15_5W_CREE_LED_Reverse_Wedge_Bulbs-pid699.html

Dumb questions: On the 900s is it just the two screws in the tail gate frame holding in the tail light assembly?

What about heat on these?

Really a lot brighter on the 900s? As my back glass is heavy tint, I always have to open the slider to back at night. This may help?

This?? http://retro-solutions.net/product-info.php?921_912_906_T15_5W_CREE_LED_Reverse_Wedge_Bulbs-pid699.html

Dumb questions: On the 900s is it just the two screws in the tail gate frame holding in the tail light assembly?

What about heat on these?

Really a lot brighter on the 900s? As my back glass is heavy tint, I always have to open the slider to back at night. This may help?

Yes just take out the 2 screws and pull the light straight back. Less heat with led bulbs. Yes those are the bulbs you want.

Yes just take out the 2 screws and pull the light straight back. Less heat with led bulbs. Yes those are the bulbs you want.

Thanks CASEY1 for the reply. Will try. From the web site seems much brighter than stock in the 900s, yes?

Archived