gjk1932 I think there is a problem with all Goodyear tires that come on these trucks. My truck came with the Goodyear Eagle LS-2 tires. I am glad to hear that some of you have swapped the tires to another brand and have either fixed the issue completely or reduced it to a non-issue.

I have no further updates since my last post since I haven't made any trips after getting my truck back three weeks ago. I've been working 70+ hrs a week and haven't had any time to just get out on the road to test the tires or make a trip. I may get a trip in this weekend, so I might have a conclusion on the fix I got next week. I've been thinking about replacing the tires but haven't had the time to do so or the want to spend the money. I'll make that decision after I get a long trip in.

Edited by thehad

Update: Just was informed that GM has advised the dealership to change out the Torque converter and the Transmission Control Module. My truck should be ready on Tuesday. In the mean time they have given me another 2014 sierra as a loaner....I am interested to see if in the time I have this truck if I notice the same vibration.

As far as tires go, I think we may be talking about two different issues here. The problem I am experiencing (as well as some others on this thread) is intermittent at speed, not a continuous vibration that occurs above a certain speed. If the later is the case, then yes I agree, the first thing I would look at is a problem with tires (or possibly the drive shaft). The problem I am having does not occur every time I am at a certain speed or operating under the same conditions (i.e. it only seems to happen under moderate power between 50 and 65, but does not occur everytime I am under moderate power between 50 and 65).

As always, I'll keep you posted of the findings/results.

brandon1282,

Hello! I am glad to hear that your preferred dealership was able to resolve your vehicle issue and you will be able to have your vehicle back by Tuesday. Please keep us updated if you are satisfied with the repair. Please know that GM Customer Care is here and happy to assist!

Jennifer T.

GM Customer Care

Well it has been about 200 miles since the dealer swapped the goodyears for Bridgstones and yes the wobble is gone, but I have to say this is the worst truck ever. The steering wheel is not smooth there is a constant slight vibration that is not tire related and even the smallest cracks in the road feel like you are hitting giant pot holes and the whole truck bounces. Every little thing is felt directly through the steering wheel.

If anyone is reading this post DO NOT BUY ONE OF THESE!!! I have had at least 10 chevy and GMC trucks and never had such an awful time driving a vehicle as this one. Can't wait to trade out of it.

Well it has been about 200 miles since the dealer swapped the goodyears for Bridgstones and yes the wobble is gone, but I have to say this is the worst truck ever. The steering wheel is not smooth there is a constant slight vibration that is not tire related and even the smallest cracks in the road feel like you are hitting giant pot holes and the whole truck bounces. Every little thing is felt directly through the steering wheel.

If anyone is reading this post DO NOT BUY ONE OF THESE!!! I have had at least 10 chevy and GMC trucks and never had such an awful time driving a vehicle as this one. Can't wait to trade out of it.

I don't have this issue. Mine rides better than my buddies 5-series and I have Z-71 with 22's...

Sent from my SCH-I535

• Like 1

My steering wheel feels it all to.. And the rumble strips feel like craters lol

What are you driving?

Your steering senses what the tires send thru to the steering components. Save your trade loss by going and getting some good Michelins LTX tires and a good road force balance. Brigs are not that good. Discount gave me a good price trade on mine. I drove from the dealership straight to Discount and had Michelins put on the same day I picked up my truck.

then if we can find some Bilstein 5100s for these '14s you should be good.

Edited by STex
  • Like 1

Update: Just was informed that GM has advised the dealership to change out the Torque converter and the Transmission Control Module. My truck should be ready on Tuesday. In the mean time they have given me another 2014 sierra as a loaner....I am interested to see if in the time I have this truck if I notice the same vibration.

As far as tires go, I think we may be talking about two different issues here. The problem I am experiencing (as well as some others on this thread) is intermittent at speed, not a continuous vibration that occurs above a certain speed. If the later is the case, then yes I agree, the first thing I would look at is a problem with tires (or possibly the drive shaft). The problem I am having does not occur every time I am at a certain speed or operating under the same conditions (i.e. it only seems to happen under moderate power between 50 and 65, but does not occur everytime I am under moderate power between 50 and 65).

As always, I'll keep you posted of the findings/results.

Just to update everyone on the rumble strip vibrations I was experiencing. I got the truck back 2 days ago and so far so good. Here is what the dealer reported:

Road tested vehicle and found possible tire/wheel vibration. Removed all four wheels and road force balanced to find one tire out of range. This tire was replaced and then vehicle was road tested again. The vibration improved but was not eliminated. Checked for TSB's and none were found that directly addressed this concern. Contacted TAC and TAC suggested to utilize TBS PIP5149B. I followed all instructions of this TSB, checking for excessive spark retardation and connecting rod oil squitter condition. There were no conditions observed. TAC then directed me to utilize DOC ID#2102430 where I checked the operation of the control solenoid within the transmission. When commended to the on position, It registered full pressure and when commanded off it registered 0 pressure. After completing all tests found that TCM could not be 'pulse-width' tested, only command on or off. With these measurements we determined that the TCM was sending an erratic signal causing the torque converter to be commanded erratically. This caused potential damage to torque converter. Therefore, I replaced the TCM (Signal) and torque converter (damaged internally). Road tested vehicle; now operating to GM specifications with no vibration when tested under the original conditions.

I have also noticed that the "floating Tac" condition I had earlier is no longer present.

• Like 2