Just take it to a good tire shop and have them jack up the rear and run the tires at 30 or so and they can tell if tires have straight tread and if far out of round. Hopefully you can find a shop that can then high speed balance on the truck. Trueing would help more too but hard to find.

If you cannot find such go to discount tire or other good shop that does road force balance and have them check the balance. If out pay for a balance. tell them to rotate the tires on the wheel 180 if too much weight required.

Trust me, most dealers have little experience properly balancing a tire. If you get a good balance and the tires are not way out of round and still have problems, THEN go back to dealer.

Really? This is why I buy a new vehicle. So I DONT have to take it to the shop. At the tune of 40+ grand, the fix for a brand new vehicle should be on the seller/manufacturer, don't you think?

Update: well I picked up my truck on Thursday they changed the Diferencial on it. I don't know what gears it has but anyways I took it for a test drive and I no longer fell the vibration on the steering wheel. Now it's different it hard to explain but it it's feels the rear tires are unbalanced it has like a bounce to the rear end that I can feel in the driver seat and I can see it on the passenger seat. It almost feels like the road is rough and it starts doing it around 67mph I told the service guy and said I could be the frame flexing or road conditions and stated that they really don't know what else to do to it but that if I was still uncomfortable with it to take it back and they would see what else they can do to it. Well I took the truck anyways and yea it even dose that bounce thing on new roads I don't know wtf anymore or how to prove its the truck because they are saying it's road conditions.

The service tech at my dealer told me the same thing. He said that it felt like road vibrations and that I shouldn't put too much more effort into chasing this down in fear of driving myself crazy with it. I would have taken it back in last week but last week was completely terrible for me. Hopefully in the next couple of days I will get some time to take it in and discuss with them options. Reading all of these posts since my last has given me much more ammo to go to them with. I have also made two 10hr round trips since getting my truck back and I can tell you that it is not road vibrations. I will keep y'all updated on what I find.

Really? This is why I buy a new vehicle. So I DONT have to take it to the shop. At the tune of 40+ grand, the fix for a brand new vehicle should be on the seller/manufacturer, don't you think?

Yes Really, have they can they fix it? Just trying to help you get the truck fixed. Good luck with your dealer. Outside help for checking the tires etc is cheap compared to the price you paid for the truck.

• Like 1

Bought mine in late June and for a brief second I thought I should wait and see if there are any problems, but the looks of this truck won me over.. I'm kicking myself now . Its had the tires road force balanced and no they are replacing the tires. I bought a new truck expecting it to have less problems than the 8yr old 140xxx mile truck I had. This is my second GMC truck and my first brand new one . I'm very disappointed. 2014 GMC Sierra Crew Z71 4x4

• Like 1

Bought mine in late June and for a brief second I thought I should wait and see if there are any problems, but the looks of this truck won me over.. I'm kicking myself now . Its had the tires road force balanced and no they are replacing the tires. I bought a new truck expecting it to have less problems than the 8yr old 140xxx mile truck I had. This is my second GMC truck and my first brand new one . I'm very disappointed. 2014 GMC Sierra Crew Z71 4x4

Sorry for the bad luck. On my 09, I replaced the OEM tires the day I bought it. Drove straight to discount and put on Michelins LTX M/S one size up. They gave me a fair price for my trade in new tires. Their balance was fair. Had them trued and balanced on the truck the next week. Smooth as glass.

If one would do such you would know for sure it is or is not the tires AND you will have much better tires even if not the fix.

2014 Silverado. On my way home from the dealership I was having a smooth ride for the first 15 miles. Like switching a switch my truck started shaking real bad, so bad I pulled over and checked to make sure I wasn't about to loose a tire. They were fine. Took it to the dealership where it has been for 2 weeks now. They have replaced the drive shaft, didn't fix the shaking. They are in the process of replacing the rear axel, hopefully will know by Friday if it is fixed.

sbamburg,

Hello! I am sorry to learn that you continue to experience an issue after going to the dealership. I would be happy to look into this concern for you. Could you private message me referencing this thread including your full name, address, phone number, VIN, current mileage, and preferred dealership?

Jennifer T.

GM Customer Care

• Like 1

Heard back from the dealer on Friday. They and the regional engineer both agree that there might be something wrong with the axle. So the engineer is having them check everything from alignment of parts to part thicknesses/balance to see if there is something out of spec. Hopefully I will know early next week on what they find.

• Like 1

So today I just pulled my 600# snowmobile on a 2 place aluminum snowmobile trailer and had the worst vibrations I've experience so far. This has me more convinced my vibration issue is related to drive shaft angle. The weight on the back of the truck is slightly lifting the front and in any other truck this isn't an issue but since my truck has a vibration unloaded the extra drive shaft angle makes it worse. How does a guy get a proper drive shaft angle?

Heard back from the dealer on Friday. They and the regional engineer both agree that there might be something wrong with the axle. So the engineer is having them check everything from alignment of parts to part thicknesses/balance to see if there is something out of spec. Hopefully I will know early next week on what they find.

Please let us hear back. Dang, this thread has me concerned and I do not even have a '14 and this is slowing my decision on a possible new truck. May just cool my jets tell the Yukon XLs hit to see price etc...dang

I joined this because I was searching for information on this topic. I bought a 2014 Silverado Double Cab Z71 All Star Edition about two weeks ago. I have noticed a slight vibration or shimmy at highway speeds above 65. At 55-60 mph, it's smooth. It's most noticeable at 70-75. When I have a bottle of water in the cup holder, you can see the vibration in the water. Also, it doesn't do it all the time. It seems like when the truck accelerates (in cruise control) it does it. When on flat level or slightly down hill, it doesn't. I'm trying to decide whether to take it in or not. Since it doesn't do it all the time, I'm thinking this has nothing to do with wheel balance. Maybe driveshaft balance? Any thoughts?

I joined this because I was searching for information on this topic. I bought a 2014 Silverado Double Cab Z71 All Star Edition about two weeks ago. I have noticed a slight vibration or shimmy at highway speeds above 65. At 55-60 mph, it's smooth. It's most noticeable at 70-75. When I have a bottle of water in the cup holder, you can see the vibration in the water. Also, it doesn't do it all the time. It seems like when the truck accelerates (in cruise control) it does it. When on flat level or slightly down hill, it doesn't. I'm trying to decide whether to take it in or not. Since it doesn't do it all the time, I'm thinking this has nothing to do with wheel balance. Maybe driveshaft balance? Any thoughts?

I have a 2014 crew cab 5.3 and I too have a vibration problem. It seems to come and go. I hear a wobble sound between 35 and 40 mph and I feel vibration in the wheel at 50 and it makes my hand numb.

As it is so mild, It may well be wheel balance or more possible the out of round tires. I was having my subs tires high speed balanced on the truck. Would be smooth but start to fall apart (vibrate) at 70-75 etc. The shop finally talked me into trueing my fairly new Michelin tires; then high speed balance on the truck. Results, Smooth as glass at all speeds. All tires are some what out of round. that is one of the reasons a shop doing a road force balance may rotate a tire on the wheel 180 degs if it is requiring too much weight.

Also some road surfaces can cause an out of balance/not round tire to show a greater vibration. If it bothers you, I would find a good tire shop that can do a good balance on the truck. If a shop has that ability they probably can tell you if they need trueing . If not that find a place that knows how to use a road force machine. Warning, most dealerships are not in the tire balance business and cannot do a good balance. I find the oem Goodyear wranglers on the trucks to be a very poor tire and deserves replacement as soon a pocket book allows.

As it is so mild, It may well be wheel balance or more possible the out of round tires. I was having my subs tires high speed balanced on the truck. Would be smooth but start to fall apart (vibrate) at 70-75 etc. The shop finally talked me into trueing my fairly new Michelin tires; then high speed balance on the truck. Results, Smooth as glass at all speeds. All tires are some what out of round. that is one of the reasons a shop doing a road force balance may rotate a tire on the wheel 180 degs if it is requiring too much weight.

Also some road surfaces can cause an out of balance/not round tire to show a greater vibration. If it bothers you, I would find a good tire shop that can do a good balance on the truck. If a shop has that ability they probably can tell you if they need trueing . If not that find a place that knows how to use a road force machine. Warning, most dealerships are not in the tire balance business and cannot do a good balance. I find the oem Goodyear wranglers on the trucks to be a very poor tire and deserves replacement as soon a pocket book allows.