I know this isn’t going to help alot but when i was looking at buying my truck, I couldn’t believe the amount of parts that they replaced right after it was bought new. There is no doubt it had the shake. They changed the front differential, drive shaft, tires and more. I honestly cant even remember all the stuff they changed. In saying this, this truck drives and rides really good. I believe this shake issue can be fixed or mostly fixed but im guessing its an expensive fix due to the list of items they replaced. This is also on junk Goodyear LS2 that are approaching the end of there life and has multiple plugs in multiple tires and have never been rebalanced. If anyone wants to send me $39.99, id be glad to grab the carfax and post it so everyone can look at it :)

Edited by GMcD

On 11/15/2017 at 12:40 PM, GMcD said:

I know this isn’t going to help alot but when i was looking at buying my truck, I couldn’t believe the amount of parts that they replaced right after it was bought new. There is no doubt it had the shake. They changed the front differential, drive shaft, tires and more. I honestly cant even remember all the stuff they changed. In saying this, this truck drives and rides really good. I believe this shake issue can be fixed or mostly fixed but im guessing its an expensive fix due to the list of items they replaced. This is also on junk Goodyear LS2 that are approaching the end of there life and has multiple plugs in multiple tires and have never been rebalanced. If anyone wants to send me $39.99, id be glad to grab the carfax and post it so everyone can look at it :)

GMcD whats the VIN number on the truck?

Vin sent to Grizz. I have allowed him to post my Carfax as long as he crops out the vin. Hopefully it helps someone out. The dealership accidentally rotated the tires against my request (i like plugged/patched tires on the back). This thing is so smooth now. New tires are a must in my future. Also, i was given a 2017 Silverado as a rental while my truck was being fixed and my truck definitely rides and drives smoother than that thing. Thanks

Edited by GMcD

Do you guy's think this is a suspension issue or what?

Sometimes on my '16 Crew Cab, it feels as if I am picking up every single small crack in the road. Even on good pavement I can sometimes feel it. Sometimes, I'll be rolling along at 15mpg through a neighborhood and it feels like the bump I'm feeling is in cadence. I'll feel it once every 2 seconds it seems. If I'm driving fast then I don't feel the bump but instead I have a slight vibration in the steering wheel.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting this and sorry about the long day at work! One thing not on here is the truck originally came with 22” wheels and at some point they were switched to the 20” ltz wheels. Im guessing this was in an attempt to fix the vibration.

Hey guys, below is what fixed my issues with my 2016 1500 Silverado LTZ Z71 4x4 with the 8 speed and 5.3L:

• Scan'ed vehicle for codes and none found.
  • Test drove and duplicated issue. Searched for bulletin and found #PIP5228D. Fixed that (exhaust dampener). Re-seated body mounts. Vibration reduced but not fixed.
  • Found 16-NA-175. Test Drove vehicle with TCC Commanded off and vibration not present. 
  • Removed transmission from truck and removed and replaced torque converter
  • Removed and replaced transmission filter and flushed cooler. 
  • Filled transmission and test drove = vibration not present.

Problem seems to have been corrected. I didn't notice anything on my 15 min drive home at any speed. 

They said today that mine was the first one they've seen, but they got two more of my generation with the same issue this week. 

Cheers,

JK29

Everyone needs to demand that their dealers check the axle runout at the hub. Both vertical and horizontal. I suspect that crap axles GM has been using are the DIRECT culprit in 99% of vibration issues related to speed. Screw the drive shaft, screw the rack and Pinion, tell them that the rear axles need to be checked and that you want the readings because you will be taking them to a 3rd party to check for accuracy. If they have more than 3 thousands of an inch runout then tell them you want the axle replaced.

I'd be willing to bet an entire months pay that the axles are the issue.

Lord only knows why GM Engeneers haven't came to this conclusion yet. Or have they??? [emoji848][emoji848][emoji848][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Lastly, if you do have vibration coming from the rear, get under the truck and check for leaking seals at the axle hubs. If your truck has less than 50k miles and you notice some minor leakage, then you have found the source of your vibration. Something caused that seal to fail and that something is an axle that is not perfectly round.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Agree 100%. My vibration was a bad driver side axle shaft flange with lateral run-out.

I'm hoping to replace mine soon. My truck keeps warping rotors. So I'm guessing a have a flange issue. I have had them turned twice. Vibration is lesser after but still there. But comes back and the rotors are warped again. Also I have removed wheels and tires up on jack stands and took the speed to 75. Vibration is there with the truck off the ground and no wheels on the rear.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk