Mine is going in this Tuesday as the vibration seems to be getting worse. The dealer said he has had 26 complaints about the issue and their is several TSB's on the topic. I will report back after my truck has gone in to be looked at. My dealer told me they have some specialized tools at their shop to diagnose vibration issues.

I used to think my truck rode pretty good as I drive an f250 at work all day and get vibrated and shook up like a martini. When I jump in my 2014 silverado it's pretty damn smooth compared to the ford but hey my truck is new and shouldn't vibrate at all. Some of us may have a different tolerance level to vibrations and may just accept it and not complain. I really do feel that a larger majority of these trucks have a problem and many are just not complaining and just accepting it. I have had 4 sets of tires on this truck, 18 inch rims with good years : vibrations were the worst. Put on some hankook pikes for the winter : vibrations less but still there. Put on a set of 22 inch rims and used tires : vibrations even less but still there. Put on brand new falken tires: vibrations even less but still there but so far for me this has been the best and most tolerable. My truck has the vibrations past 105kph but probably nowhere near as bad as some of you. I will give my dealer a chance to sort the small annoying vibration with this truck out. On a side note my wife's Kia never vibrates at any speed and it has over 120k on the dial. My old 2005 f150 had oversized tires and never vibrated either. I usual never drive past 100kph so for me the vibration hasn't ruined my overall satisfaction with my truck however when I am on a long trip and trying to stay with traffic at 120kph is when I start to get annoyed.

I'm just stating a very obvious point. kcwood said that he didn't have any vibrations with stock wheels and tires. But when he put on 22" wheels and tires, he got vibrations.

Totally agree. The fact that they mount and balanced twice is what drew me here to see if there's more going on for new GMs with vibrations around 70mph.

Anyways, my point is that just changing the wheels/tires could exagerate an issue that was earlier hidden. In many cases posted on here, both GM and bystanders are pointing to the easiest thing to point at. Blame the wheel/tire package added. When in fact the wheel tire package came from the same place you got the truck.

Totally agree too. There IS an issue with SOMETHING on SOME of these trucks as noted in all the previous posts.

---

"Something" and "some" are not definitive words by nature.

My suggestion is to start a separate topic to collect just the data and have a moderator that has ability to remove non-data specific commentary. This was done on another forum (non-automotive) that I was on and it really helped to reduce the noise and get to the root cause. The first post was a summary / meta-data page that was periodically updated by the moderator based upon the posts.

As an example, post 1 would include a summary of the findings and also state what info is being requested in the posts, and posts 2+ would just include the requested data. All other commentary would be stripped from the post.

The data request might include something like:

Year:

Make:

Model:

Body Style:

2WD or 4WD:

Engine:

Rear Axle:

Suspension Package:

Other Relevant Options:

Wheel Manufacturer (if not GM):

Wheel Model:

Wheel Diameter:

Tire Manufacturer:

Tire Model:

Tire Width:

Tire Aspect Ratio:

Tire Load Rating:

Tire Speed Rating:

Road Forced?:

Road Force Ratings (If Applicable):

Build Date:

Build Location:

Delivery Date or Purchase Date:

Symptom/Description of the Issue:

Failed Fixes:

Temporary Fix (Temporarily Resolved But Issue Came Back):

Actual Fix (If Applicable):

Opinion/feeling of where the root cause is:

---

So with that said, I just couldn't help myself. I had to do the "obvious next step" and had my 2015 Yukon Denali Hunter Road Force GSP9700 tested and balanced. There is only one in the city I live in. They offered to let me watch so I obviously took them up on it. The machine is awesome. I will be getting all my wheels mount and balanced there now; it's just too precise. I feel I'd be missing out on anything else.

It turns out that one of the wheel/tire assemblies was way off. It was near balanced (0.25oz off), the wheel was round, but the tire is defective and will need to be manufacturer replaced. The Road Force was 46lbs!!! And the Road Force recommendation would've only brought it down to 43lbs!

So it's near definitive that that's my issue / my issue with the Yukon.

Thanks for the advice everyone. Oh and I'll be back if it doesn't fix it.

Totally agree. The fact that they mount and balanced twice is what drew me here to see if there's more going on for new GMs with vibrations around 70mph.

Totally agree too. There IS an issue with SOMETHING on SOME of these trucks as noted in all the previous posts.

---

"Something" and "some" are not definitive words by nature.

My suggestion is to start a separate topic to collect just the data and have a moderator that has ability to remove non-data specific commentary. This was done on another forum (non-automotive) that I was on and it really helped to reduce the noise and get to the root cause. The first post was a summary / meta-data page that was periodically updated by the moderator based upon the posts.

As an example, post 1 would include a summary of the findings and also state what info is being requested in the posts, and posts 2+ would just include the requested data. All other commentary would be stripped from the post.

The data request might include something like:

Year:

Make:

Model:

Body Style:

2WD or 4WD:

Engine:

Rear Axle:

Suspension Package:

Other Relevant Options:

Wheel Manufacturer (if not GM):

Wheel Model:

Wheel Diameter:

Tire Manufacturer:

Tire Model:

Tire Width:

Tire Aspect Ratio:

Tire Load Rating:

Tire Speed Rating:

Road Forced?:

Road Force Ratings (If Applicable):

Build Date:

Build Location:

Delivery Date or Purchase Date:

Symptom/Description of the Issue:

Failed Fixes:

Temporary Fix (Temporarily Resolved But Issue Came Back):

Actual Fix (If Applicable):

Opinion/feeling of where the root cause is:

---

So with that said, I just couldn't help myself. I had to do the "obvious next step" and had my 2015 Yukon Denali Hunter Road Force GSP9700 tested and balanced. There is only one in the city I live in. They offered to let me watch so I obviously took them up on it. The machine is awesome. I will be getting all my wheels mount and balanced there now; it's just too precise. I feel I'd be missing out on anything else.

It turns out that one of the wheel/tire assemblies was way off. It was near balanced (0.25oz off), the wheel was round, but the tire is defective and will need to be manufacturer replaced. The Road Force was 46lbs!!! And the Road Force recommendation would've only brought it down to 43lbs!

So it's near definitive that that's my issue / my issue with the Yukon.

Thanks for the advice everyone. Oh and I'll be back if it doesn't fix it.

KCwood, I hope you get the tire sorted out.

Oh and wherever Pinnacle is I'll take my apology now. Cuz you know I was right.

Sent from my iPhone.

I believe it's already been determined that there's no correlation between vibration issues and build date, body style, engine, rim size, or power train. If it's a 2014 1500 it may or may not have the vibration problem. Some of the first 2014's had it....and some of the newest ones on the lots right now have it. Keep in mind that this thread will be a year old in a few weeks with new comers popping in regularly. We should all get club jackets or something.

Now thats funny!!! LOL

Ok I think this is the right place.My 2014 Sierra started having a noise coming from the dash about 3 weeks ago ,facing dash to the right of centre...would start after the ac was on for a while (Ontario ca has been warm in the mornings) could hear it after each bump also in park as I idled it up slowly

I removed everything from the glove compartments loose change from the ash tray anything that could rattle.

Well today my wife and I went out early and sure enough after the a/c was on and cooled things down it starter( this is the first time we've driven together since the dash noise started )

Ok noise is a funny thing...I said were I heard it ....she disagreed said it was my side up higher..she pulled my visor down no change..............Looking up I pulled the glasses holder down took out a pair of metal ray- bans which I never thought of

No more rattle noise from the off centre of the dash

Drove around today for a few hours no noise

Hope that was it.....and why when the truck cooled off

KCwood, I hope you get the tire sorted out.

Oh and wherever Pinnacle is I'll take my apology now. Cuz you know I was right.

Sent from my iPhone.

Wow, haha. Its funny, really. I mean you just don't get it at all. People have has their tires replaced countless times and the vibration comes back, eventually. There is more to this then the tires.

Edited by Pinnacle

Wow, haha. Its funny, really. I mean you just don't get it at all. People have has their tires replaced countless times and the vibration comes back, eventually. There is more to this then the tires.

Dude. You are seriously thick headed. I'm not saying that there are other underlying issues related the vibrations. But in this specific case, for username Kcwood247. It was his new tires causing the vibrations. He even said so. Plain and simple. Get it through your head, before I start using all caps again and yelling! YARRRRRRRRR

Maybe, just maybe temperature of tranny fluid is a factor! Driveshaft internal material moving around could be a factor also.

So vibration could be connected to factors that improve and are dynamically changing this is why some say tires helped but vibration came back later.

Transmission hydraulics is very precious, and any leaking pumps, shift solenoids, or expansions in metal will change many factors!

I have always claimed that the tranny is the culprit here, and sloppy drive trane machining.

Dude. You are seriously thick headed. I'm not saying that there are other underlying issues related the vibrations. But in this specific case, for username Kcwood247. It was his new tires causing the vibrations. He even said so. Plain and simple. Get it through your head, before I start using all caps again and yelling! YARRRRRR

Ya, you still cant get the meaning of what all caps mean, people have to explain it to you, its OK, you might get it one day.

His issue is far from over, as was said which you obviously just don't understand because you just don't get it. The problem still comes back, it happened to others on here.

Ya, you still cant get the meaning of what all caps mean, people have to explain it to you, its OK, you might get it one day.

His issue is far from over, as was said which you obviously just don't understand because you just don't get it. The problem still comes back, it happened to others on here.

Not every truck that has a little vibration needs the whole drive train torn apart. It can be as simple as a bad tire or incorrect placement of wheel weight. And in this case Im almost 99% sure that's the issue with KCwoods truck.

OH AND I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND THAT TYPING IN ALL CAPS IS A SIGN OF YELLING ON THE INTERNET. But seriously, quit creating panic for people and saying their entire drive train needs to be torn out. Stated by you here in post # 2363

Wow, its happening on the SUV's as well. I think they gotta rip the entire powertrain apart and look at it again.

• Like 1

I almost hate to jump in here because I haven't been following this too much and I don't want to read all the pages so here it goes. My truck started smooth as glass, then I did the muffler delete, when it hit V4 it would vibrate a little and stay thru V8. If I put it in M5 in town no vibration. I have since deleted the V4 mode with a tune, smooth as glass. Just wondering if it could be as simple for some people as the flapper could be a problem or the exhaust.

Not every truck that has a little vibration needs the whole drive train torn apart. It can be as simple as a bad tire or incorrect placement of wheel weight. And in this case Im almost 99% sure that's the issue with KCwoods truck.

OH AND I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND THAT TYPING IN ALL CAPS IS A SIGN OF YELLING ON THE INTERNET. But seriously, quit creating panic for people and saying their entire drive train needs to be torn out. Stated by you here in post # 2363

You didn't know what it meant, until I explained it to you.

What don't you understand? ITS more then A WHEEL ISSUE. And its to the panic stage already as more and more people are having a problem with this.

I said GM needs to rip the powertrain apart and have a look at it again. Since everything else including the frame, fuel tank, axle and wheels were carried over from the previous generation, and the powertrain is the only thing thats all new.

Edited by Pinnacle