Post the link to file a complaint then hopefully those having issues will file.

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners/SearchResults.action?searchType=PROD&prodType=V&targetCategory=A&activeTab=2&searchCriteria.model_yr=2014&searchCriteria.make=CHEVROLET&searchCriteria.model=SILVERADO&searchCriteria.prod_ids=1884945

This is the link I was reading with very few vibration reports. You should be able to submit there.

More info from that site:

Keeping You Safe

Welcome to SaferCar.gov, where you can identify and report problems you might be having with your vehicle, tires, equipment or car seats. If you think you have a problem, we want you to tell us about it. We are the Office of Defects Investigation, or ODI. We are a part of the U.S. DOT's National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, the nation's only agency authorized to conduct defect investigations and administer safety recalls on everything from vehicles and equipment to tires and child safety seats. Our engineers and investigators look into problems you report to help ensure you and others stay safe on our nation's roads and highways.

Why your complaint is important

Your complaint information will be entered into NHTSA-ODI's vehicle owner's complaint database and used with other complaints to determine if a safety-related defect trend exists.

• If a safety-related defect exists in a motor vehicle or item of motor vehicle equipment, the manufacturer must provide a remedy at no cost to the owner. Your complaint is the first step in the process.
  • We do not have to receive a specific number of complaints before we look into a problem. We gather all available information on a problem. Your complaint is important to us.

Seems like if all you filed about the vibration it would help.

https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/

Edited by BlueWrapper
  • Like 1

I called Bilstein......they couldn't figure out the shock compression and rebound. The guy said the "springs" were giving them fits. ??? Did GM change something metal wise on the '14 springs?

Hmm, if they are having a hard time with this, I wonder if GM got it right?

My new 1500 Silverado 4x4 w/less than 400 miles has the shake. On the interstate at 60 to 70 it will fade in on a curve. If it shakes at the head of a long straight it lasts until you make another curve and vice versa. This has to be 2 things going in and out of sync. My dealer road load balanced the 17' Bridgestone duelers and the shake is still there. He's keeping it for another try, but what's next? Front axles?

GM has got to put a shaker on the dynamo and LOOK at it.

You need to read the entire thread and learn what has been tried to solve the vibration problem. Warming your truck is not the solution.

Believe me I know about what has been done I'm the OP of this topic. Not all the vibrations are the same and others have posted the same issues I have when first driving their trucks in the morning. My 2014 GMC has some different vibration characteristics then my 2014 silverado did but it's for the most part the same just smoother at highway speeds.

It was 45 degrees again this morning and I let the truck warm up for 11 minutes, tranny temp was 70 when I took off. The vibration wasn't even close to as bad as yesterday it was it same old vibration I've had that comes in around 45 that I have been experiencing most the summer. Tomorrow I will not let it warm up and see if it was as bad as yesterday.

Edited by Silver Spaceship

Believe me I know about what has been done I'm the OP of this topic. Not all the vibrations are the same and others have posted the same issues I have when first driving their trucks in the morning. My 2014 GMC has some different vibration characteristics then my 2014 silverado did but it's for the most part the same just smoother at highway speeds.

It was 45 degrees again this morning and I let the truck warm up for 11 minutes, tranny temp was 70 when I took off. The vibration wasn't even close to as bad as yesterday it was it same old vibration I've had that comes in around 45 that I have been experiencing most the summer. Tomorrow I will not let it warm up and see if it was as bad as yesterday.

Silver Spaceship is the original poster of this thread, I am pretty sure he has been reading everything.

I have been driving mine around in M4 (not M5) and man what a difference, no vibration, I am trying everything to feel the vibration but theres nothing. I keep it in M4 at 60MPH and below, RPMs are around 2200 so shitty gas mileage but the truck feels great. Man if this thing drove like this all the time I would have nothing to complain about. No delayed throttle response, no miss shifts (goofy shifting) and no vibration in my feet.

I think the transmission is definetly the problem with my truck.

Edited by 15LTZZ71
  • Like 2

Silver Spaceship is the original poster of this thread, I am pretty sure he has been reading everything.

I have been driving mine around in M4 (not M5) and man what a difference, no vibration, I am trying everything to feel the vibration but theres nothing. I keep it in M4 at 60MPH and below, RPMs are around 2200 so shitty gas mileage but the truck feels great. Man if this thing drove like this all the time I would have nothing to complain about. No delayed throttle response, no miss shifts (goofy shifting) and no vibration in my feet.

I think the transmission is definetly the problem with my truck.

I'm going to try this tomorrow. Do you keep it in drive then just go to m4 once your on the highway?

I'm going to try this tomorrow. Do you keep it in drive then just go to m4 once your on the highway?

No, stay out of drive. Start out with gear selector in M4

Edit: the tranny will shift thru gears 1-4 only. if you get above 60MPH you should probably up shift to M5 or M6.

Edit: on my way home tonight I still felt alittle vibration until the truck got to operating temp and then it went away. 60 mph may be a bit high for M4 so now I will try to stay at or below 55 mph.

Edited by 15LTZZ71
  • Like 1

^ Driving in Manual keeps it out of AFM. I did such for a long time to keep the trans from jerking on decal and for all around better driving. Finally just tuned the damn thing.

Edited by STex
  • Like 1

So according to the dealer I recently went to, who may I add has a " GM World Tech " as their manager. A lot of the issues are normal. He explained that the vibration at a stand still ( red light, stop or idle) are caused by the new engine. It has no over head cams, it's a old style push rod motor with no balancer. All this to create a fuel efficient motor. However, he did say a new motor is to come out soon, not sure when. The trans that feel like a double shift is also normal. It's caused by the " torque converter locking up for more power". Apparently the older models did this only on third or fourth gear. Now it starts from second and goes all the way to sixth. He did diagnose my vibration that we are all having cause I have aftermarket wheels and a lift.

well I just purchased a used Tacoma to drive.

I just cant drive my vibrator anymore, I get car sick every time I go more then a few miles in it so I can no longer drive it without being sick for hours after.

it is pathetic the lying BS they are using for excuses for not fixing these trucks, they are all just a POS unless you are lucky enough to get one without problems

Edited by keakar
  • Like 2

So according to the dealer I recently went to, who may I add has a " GM World Tech " as their manager. A lot of the issues are normal. He explained that the vibration at a stand still ( red light, stop or idle) are caused by the new engine. It has no over head cams, it's a old style push rod motor with no balancer. All this to create a fuel efficient motor. However, he did say a new motor is to come out soon, not sure when. The trans that feel like a double shift is also normal. It's caused by the " torque converter locking up for more power". Apparently the older models did this only on third or fourth gear. Now it starts from second and goes all the way to sixth. He did diagnose my vibration that we are all having cause I have aftermarket wheels and a lift.

Your "GM WORLD TECH" is full of shit. $50,000 trucks that vibrate so bad that you could churn butter in 'em. :bs:

Edited by scott19677
  • Like 1

well I just purchased a used Tacoma to drive.

I just cant drive my vibrator anymore, I get car sick every time I go more then a few miles in it so I can no longer drive it without being sick for hours after.

it is pathetic the lying BS they are using for excuses for not fixing these trucks, they are all just a POS unless you are lucky enough to get one without problems

I hope you have a buy back plan going, as much as you dislike your truck. I had a truck I hated once, in my case there was nothing wrong with the truck, it just was slow. 1997 Ford 7.3 auto 4x4 extended cab black loaded, pretty truck I hated it. I gave it to one of my crew guys to drive. I bought a ford f150 sport stick 4.6 2wd, it was about half the cost of the 97, that's how much I hated that 97. So what im trying to tell you is for peace of mind maybe you need to trade down, or trade for a certified pre own. If your like me all is not right in the world if you hate your ride. Good luck.
  • Like 1

Your "GM WORLD TECH" is full of shit. $50,000 trucks that vibrate so bad that you could churn butter in 'em. :bs:

First of all, not " my mechanic ". Second of all, if you read what I wrote, you will realize I said he never diagnosed my vibration that we are all having.