I know lots of posts on here about better tires and properly balanced tires making it better but only 70%-80% so I still think there is another underlying issue with the trucks. Possibly the frame or suspension. A friend of mine wanted to test drive a new Tundra the other day so I went along for the ride. One of the first things the sales person talked about was the frame and it being made up of 3 different sections to provide both strength and ride quality. It made me think of this thread. I did a little digging and found this article.

http://www.tundraheadquarters.com/blog/toyota-tundra-bed-bounce-issue-our-position/

Appears this isn't the only truck to ever have vibration issues. Give me hope that GM will eventually get a fix figured out.

I agree 100% with this. My "shake" was solved with tires, truck is smooth at all speeds up to 90mph now. Granted tires aren't the fix for everyone but they are for some. However, there are certain roads that my truck does not like and there is a vibration in the seats. There is a stretch of road on my way to work that is 40mph and it will vibrate pretty bad, yesterday I had a 12 pack of beer in the backseat and could hear the bottles clanking around, but turn the corner and there is different asphalt, same speed, smooth as can be. This also happens on certain stretches of highway as well. For me mine is definitely the frame or suspension etc. I might try new shocks here in the future and see if it helps. I believe it is in the inherent design of the truck and depending where we live the roads could amplify it or downplay it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by hotrodz37

I've said this before but...trade out of your lemon and get into something else. Your time and worry isn't worth it and GM isn't exactly jumping to fix this issue. It's a disgrace on GM that this design flaw was allowed to carry over into the 15's!I was alife longer Chevy owner and never pictured myself driving anything but, however I traded my 14 GM for a 14 Ford and am once again happy with what I'm driving. Trade out of you can. I'm not pushing any certain brand (as long as it isn't GM) but the 14 Ford F150 is probably the best built Ford that they've ever built and there are still left overs that you can find at amazing deals as the 15's just starting showing on lots. I'm very happy with my Ford XLT.....GM and their crappy product ruined an entire summer for me, and cost me a lot of personal time running back and forth to the dealer. Get out while you can...I gave them 8 months to fix mine, and special engineers from GM couldn't make it better.

I went to the dealer last week and had Michelin LTX MS2 put on my truck to help try and cure the vibration problem and surprisingly no more vibration! I was having the same vibration above 73 MPH since new (5700 miles now) that most others were having and I drove about 90 miles with it and was very satisfied. I've got to admit though that I has always heard that Michelins would give you a softer ride and was disappointed that they didn't ride any better than the Goodyear crap. Oh and by the way I traded a vibrating 2013 F150 for this truck it was a real POS compared to this Silverado. It had a bad vibration in the 50 MPH range that couldn't be cured and when the service writer told me that his 2008 did the same thing and that I might as well learn to live with it, it had to go. I guess I should have tried a RAM but their long term reliability is pretty suspect. I've been following this thread for months but didn't feel like I had anything to say until now..

I went to the dealer last week and had Michelin LTX MS2 put on my truck to help try and cure the vibration problem and surprisingly no more vibration! I was having the same vibration above 73 MPH since new (5700 miles now) that most others were having and I drove about 90 miles with it and was very satisfied. I've got to admit though that I has always heard that Michelins would give you a softer ride and was disappointed that they didn't ride any better than the Goodyear crap. Oh and by the way I traded a vibrating 2013 F150 for this truck it was a real POS compared to this Silverado. It had a bad vibration in the 50 MPH range that couldn't be cured and when the service writer told me that his 2008 did the same thing and that I might as well learn to live with it, it had to go. I guess I should have tried a RAM but their long term reliability is pretty suspect. I've been following this thread for months but didn't feel like I had anything to say until now..

So it solved your vibration problem or did it come back ? Your wording is a little misleading...

Yes it solved my problem so far. That was wednesday and I haven't been back on the interstate since but I would assume that its still gone. Like I was saying before I'm satisfied that the vibration is gone but I expected the ride would be substantially better but its still pretty stiff. I have the 20's so maybe that's just the way it is, I've never had 20's before so I don't know.

I hope it's gone for your sake...but mine came back after a tire change, and many other people's did too. I'd wait a bit until after you have a 1000 miles or so before considering it fixed. Surprised you had a vib issue with your Ford, havent heard of any Ford's with vob issues. They ride rougher than a Chevy but they dont vibrate. The online forums are pretty clean on this too. I researched it heavily before dumoing my 14 Silverado and switching to Ford. Now I look ofrward to driving my truck again.

you guys crack me up if you think only Chevys have a rough ride/vibration issue. Google toyota tundra bed bounce

Yep, laugh a minute for the folks that put out big bucks to GM for a vibrating ride on smooth roads. Most truck folks already know the trd is a bad ride.

Yep, laugh a minute for the folks that put out big bucks to GM for a vibrating ride on smooth roads. Most truck folks already know the trd is a bad ride.

This is coming from me, an ex Tundra owner.

Look man, I am not trying to slight anybody that has a vibration issue but if you think that Ford/Dodge/Toyota is immune from this problem then I have an amazing bridge I would love to sell you.

This is going back some years but before dealerships had the large service departments they had now they used to farm out a lot of the work. During that time Ford had a terrible vibration problem in a few of their models. The "fix" was to swap out the customers Firestone tires for Michelins. For the majority of the vehicles this fixed the problem or masked it, for some others it did not. My family's shop made a killing swapping out tires on these vehicles. Sound Familiar ??

Yes, my 2014 Silverado had a vibration issue at 73-80 mph. Yes, my problem was made better by tires. I am sorry for others that have not had their vibration issues solved with tires. That being said, I knew I would have tire problems as soon as I saw the truck had Goodyears tires on it. I literally cringed when I saw it. Low and behold, they were so out of round that 2 of them got thrown in the dumpster for new ones. As a common saying in the tire business goes, Goodyear has never had one good year, ever.

The percentage of people that have a vibration is very small. The only ones you hear about are from the people on here who make up a fraction of the Silverado owners. There are thousands and thousands of owners driving around vibration free. In fact we had three 2014/15 Silverados in the shop today for oil changes and I asked every single one and they all had the same answer, their ride was smooth as glass.

• Like 1

Well it is a GM based site !

But this is an interesting read;

http://www.tundraheadquarters.com/blog/toyota-finally-addresses-bed-bounce/

I had a Tundra. The body mounts fixed some peoples problems, other it did not. Read the same song and dance over their about people lemon law'ing their trucks and selling them. Also on the Willy bar, do you really want to ride around with 300 lbs in your bed to fix an engineering problem ?