Ok I just asked the dealer that had my truck if they have that new vib tool to try and locate the problem and he said its on order and to feel free to bring my truck after they have it and they'll look into farther .

• Like 1

So, I have less than 1k miles on the truck and I have noticed a vibration from 1000-1300 RPMs. It is high frequency whether speeding up or slowing down. Does anyone else have this issue? It isn't tires because it happens at 6mph and at every shift..

Edited by 15SierraK2
  • Like 1

Dozzer LTZ: I've been saying this... I actually bought a Lincoln CPO, had them put new $1,200 set of OEM Michelin's on it and the car vibrated. Took it to a local tire/wheel performance shop in Tampa and had them RF them. $100 later the car would hit the speed limiter before vibrating. I had all tires under 9 # of road force. Unless I witness the RF, I'm not paying for it. And Yes, most are idiots at doing this job.

Edited by FL335i
  • Like 2

Yes, most have no idea of the concept. At best they just follow the machines instructions blindly. I can't tell you how many guys lower the hood and look away!? GUY! Put your eyes on the damn tread and look for movement! I'm paying for the balance NOT for you to just roll the machine. Plus most places NEVER calibrate there eq. Really expensive for a half ass effort imo.

2015 Denali 3500 DRW, Michelin ltx, 4x4

• Like 1

So, I have less than 1k miles on the truck and I have noticed a vibration from 1000-1300 RPMs. It is high frequency whether speeding up or slowing down. Does anyone else have this issue? It isn't tires because it happens at 6mph and at every shift..

It is refreshing to see that GM fixed the vibration problem on the 2015 trucks. :rolleyes:

You may have a loose pinion shaft nut, causing the pinion and ring differential gears to move in and out. I would check the nut for tightness immediately. And you can also have a badly welded or badly balanced driveshaft. Or a badly assembled transmission. Or a bad transmission component like the torque converter. Time to start throwing the parts at the truck until they either fix it or you or them give up.

Find a dealership that has the latest vibration analyzer and knows how to use it. You stand a lot better chance of getting the problem fixed this way. I hate to sound pesimistic, but whether you get your truck fixed or not greatly depends on competence of your dealer.

Edited by pm26

well I guess I am one of the lucky ones. my cold tire vibration seems to have fixed itself. the truck is mostly smooth at all speeds now. I still have a slight high frequency vibration that I can feel in the gas pedal that is there all the time, but very slight. my buddy that works at a gm dealer said a lot of the 20 inch tire vibrations fix themselves if you wait it out. pretty sad they are putting such crap tires on considering the price we are paying for these things.

I think some of the high frequency vibrations felt in the floorboard & accelerator pedal are being generated by the transmission torque converter and/or resonance from the exhaust.

Edited by 14LTZZ71

well I guess I am one of the lucky ones. my cold tire vibration seems to have fixed itself. the truck is mostly smooth at all speeds now. I still have a slight high frequency vibration that I can feel in the gas pedal that is there all the time, but very slight. my buddy that works at a gm dealer said a lot of the 20 inch tire vibrations fix themselves if you wait it out. pretty sad they are putting such crap tires on considering the price we are paying for these things.

I only have 17s on mine but I swear my vib is getting better and almost gone .

Got my fingers crossed !

Dropped my truck off this a.m. for my vibration which is the second time. Dealer has called and said they checked alignment first and it is off so I told them to go ahead and do that then proceed. I really doubt thats the problem or even contributing to it but I know they are following their protocol. Hoping it's just tires but we will see.

Side note...they gave me a 15 GMC CCSB 4X4 as a loaner and this thing drives nice and smooth on the highway with no vibes there. But I did notice taking off from a stop around 25-35 MPH on a upshift that it sometimes shutters a little. Feels like transmission to me but I am no mechanic.

I will post back when I hear more.

I had a similar vibration on my 2014 SLT Z71 with the 20 inch wheels. The dealer checked it and replaced two of the tires, it fixed the heavy vibration.... Still have a slight vibration when I first start out on the highway to work, but fortunately it smooths out after about a half mile. I do get a vibration when it transitions to V4 mode, which is not that often that it goes into the 4 cylinder mode.

I have the same SRA Goodyear tires on my wife's 4runner and they are smooth but wet weather and snow traction are not as good as other tires we have owned.

I did notice the rear drive shaft diameter for our trucks is pretty big, it looks like it might be aluminum. I wonder if it is aluminum and they had to increase mass for strength and it is creating vibration problems.

Dropped my truck off this a.m. for my vibration which is the second time. Dealer has called and said they checked alignment first and it is off so I told them to go ahead and do that then proceed. I really doubt thats the problem or even contributing to it but I know they are following their protocol. Hoping it's just tires but we will see.

Side note...they gave me a 15 GMC CCSB 4X4 as a loaner and this thing drives nice and smooth on the highway with no vibes there. But I did notice taking off from a stop around 25-35 MPH on a upshift that it sometimes shutters a little. Feels like transmission to me but I am no mechanic.

I will post back when I hear more.

At 200 miles when I first brought it in I had three concerns, (1) Vibration between 62 & 75 mph (2) On transmission up shifts not only a 'Shutter'

but I also noticed that it would go up 200 to 300 rpm's on the tach (3) excessive engine 'Tick'

Needless to say GM could not repair # 1 and listed number 2 & 3 as normal operation.

This is why they now own this truck and will soon be at an auction near you !

I apologize as I have not read every post here, BUT has anyone mentioned the rear stud clips that keep the disk on during production? I just did my first oil change and rotation. Made sure to get those clips off as they can/will cause vibrations if not seated or used with aftermarket wheels. I remember that being an issue for the gmt900s.

Just an update on mine... I now have 21000 miles and the vibration has gotten worse. I have new Michelin tires on and it doesn't help. Dealer has no answers yet. They won't even look at it. Said that they know they don't have a fox, but keep checking back. This is BS. My third and last gm truck.

Just an update on mine... I now have 21000 miles and the vibration has gotten worse. I have new Michelin tires on and it doesn't help. Dealer has no answers yet. They won't even look at it. Said that they know they don't have a fox, but keep checking back. This is BS. My third and last gm truck.

Yes, they do have a fox. It is guarding their henhouse.