I know I can't speak for other people, but my shake is not in the steering wheel, its in the center console and seats. When my center console/seats shake/vibrate my steering wheel is very smooth. And the new drive shaft did nothing. So now I am going to start looking for a replacement vehicle. It just not only baffles me, but also the service manager and the sales manager at the dealership. They have ruled the tires out and the drive shaft out. Only thing left is the rear end, but I don't know if I have the time and at this point even care to keep chasing the vibration. Love the truck, but the vibration just kills the joy of driving it.

Same issue here. Steering wheel is fine. I see and feel mine in the seat and the center console.

Same issue here. Steering wheel is fine. I see and feel mine in the seat and the center console.

Well, generally, vibration predominantly felt in the steering wheel is coming from the front end - front wheels/tires, front suspension, front drivetrain if 4wd or FWD. Vibration mostly felt in the floor, seat, etc, is from the powertrain (engine, transmission, driveshaft, rear end), rear tires.wheels, rear suspesion. The auto industry using this as a means of troubleshooting and it is relatively logical. But, transmisibility of vibration (and noise) can be infinitely complex, and such a basic approach can, and often does, fall short.

The fact that the vibration is not always present, at a given speed, suggests a fairly complex issue. Beyond out-of-balance, out-of-round, or even basic resonances.

I shared this comment some time ago on this thread, but I will do it again. Our Yukon XL definitely has some vibration felt in the steering wheel and the seats. I can even see the passenger seat shaking while driving on smooth highway at 60 mph. But here are a few other key observations:

- the vibration is consistantly there. Worse as speed increases, but always there.

- the vibration felt in the steering wheel is much worse when the vehicle is in 4 WD Auto, compared to 2WD. In 2wd, hardly notice anything in the steering.

- I don't recall the console shaking.

It's also interesting that thye SUV's have a totalling different rear suspension then the pickups. Yet both have the vibration issue. So, rear suspension probaly isn't at play. Although, one could turn that around and say the different rear suspension accounts for the slight difference in the way the vibrations are being observed between the pickups and the SUV (mine, specifically).

Just a common on the driveshaft. I agree that it is unlikely the culprit on a vehicle where the vibration is not always present at a given speed. But, couple comments on that:

- driveshaft couple be involved if it is going in and out of phase (sync) with something else (like tires or differential gears),

- concluding that its not the driveshaft because GM replaced the driveshaft on a given vehicle and the problem is still there is NOT proof in itself, because the driveshaft came from the same place that made the first driveshaft! Without knowing very specific information about both driveshafts, one has no way of knowing if the orignal "bad" one was simply replaced twith another "bad" one. Especially if what makes it "bad" is not something very obvious tot he installer. Let me ask a question - did the mechanical do a complete inspection of the new driveshaft (runout, balance, etc) before installing it? I guarantee not. They have very limited time alloted to do these warranty fixes and will take it out of the box and install it. Period. Remember, most shops work on flat rate and GM pays 'f-all for time. Probably give the guy 15 minutes to swap a driveshaft. And, in most flat rate shops, if the mechanic takes longer to do it, he eats that time personally! So, leaves us owners pretty exposed to no one "going the extra mile" to figure out what is going on.

I sometimes wonder if I'd be better off taking it in, telling them I want it fixed but not under warranty but I'll pay whatever hours it takes. I bet they'd figure it out! Problem is, do I want THAT bill??

Question, do you feel the vibe or see the seat and things sitting in the console shaking?

Yes, if I have a bottle of pop in the cup holder and it is a bad day for the truck, I cannot open it or it will explode if it is some what full. Now it is not always like that, but most of the time if I have a drink in the cup holder it will shake the drink. Also when it is vibrating bad, I have a rattle in the back seat somewhere, not sure what it is. I have nothing in the door storage area, and as soon as I hear it rattle I know that my center console will start within a second or two. So I know the vibration is moving from the back of the truck towards the front.

Yes, if I have a bottle of pop in the cup holder and it is a bad day for the truck, I cannot open it or it will explode if it is some what full. Now it is not always like that, but most of the time if I have a drink in the cup holder it will shake the drink. Also when it is vibrating bad, I have a rattle in the back seat somewhere, not sure what it is. I have nothing in the door storage area, and as soon as I hear it rattle I know that my center console will start within a second or two. So I know the vibration is moving from the back of the truck towards the front.

Might not be so much that the vibration is "moving" from back to front as it emanating from the back, and as it grows in intensity it first sets off things closest to it in the back and then starts to set off things vibration further away, up front, like the console. Let me ask a question, once the console starts to shake, does the rattle in the back go away? Does the vibration in the back go away? Hard to tell since you're sitting up front!

But you observation that the rattle starts in the rear then the vibration comes to the front does suggest the source of the vibration is in the rear, and it also grows in intensity instead of being full on instantly. Which somewhat makes sense relative to it not being there all the time in the first place. Again, takes me back to some kind of phasing going on.

Well I've got the same issue with vibration on my 2014 Silverado 4x4. It's a V6 model and everytime it goes into V4 mode I get the vibration throughout the vehicle. Most noticeable in the steering wheel and of couse in the vehicle itself.

After 3 times to the dealer they can't fix it so I went in today to let them know I was very disatisfied with the vehicle. During the service trips the ring and pinion was replaced, force balance the tires several time, retack/weld the exhast, and this last time they put contential tires on and said there was nothing else they could do on the engine vibration when going into V4 mode.

Today when I picked up my truck I spoke to the general manager who advised me to contact GM to voice my dissatisfaction with the truck and file a complaint, which I did. They also advised they had already report to the zone manager that my truck has an issue.So called GM and got a complaint number and now waiting for the senior manager to call me back. Now I'd be happy getting a V8 model as a trade but not looking at the post here it's seems I'm going to be on the loosing end if they value my truck as a trade-in. I've got 5000 miles on the truck and the funny thing (not) is I live 100 miles from the dealership and the last few times I've been up there I guess between me driving there and them test driving it about 1000 miles were placed on the truck. So I guess that will be against me.

I'd appreciate any advise on how it will go when the senior advisor calls me next week. I'm sure everyone is somewhat different but any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by captgary

Well I've got the same issue with vibration on my 2014 Silverado 4x4. It's a V6 model and everytime it goes into V4 mode I get the vibration throughout the vehicle. Most noticeable in the steering wheel and of couse in the vehicle itself.

After 3 times to the dealer they can't fix it so I went in today to let them know I was very disatisfied with the vehicle. During the service trips the ring and pinion was replaced, force balance the tires several time, retack/weld the exhast, and this last time they put contential tires on and said there was nothing else they could do on the engine vibration when going into V4 mode.

Today when I picked up my truck I spoke to the general manager who advised me to contact GM to voice my dissatisfaction with the truck and file a complaint, which I did. They also advised they had already report to the zone manager that my truck has an issue.So called GM and got a complaint number and now waiting for the senior manager to call me back. Now I'd be happy getting a V8 model as a trade but not looking at the post here it's seems I'm going to be on the loosing end if they value my truck as a trade-in. I've got 5000 miles on the truck and the funny thing (not) is I live 100 miles from the dealership and the last few times I've been up there I guess between me driving there and them test driving it about 1000 miles were placed on the truck. So I guess that will be against me.

I'd appreciate any advise on how it will go when the senior advisor calls me next week. I'm sure everyone is somewhat different but any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Not sure what state your in...but file lemon law and a BBB claim. I did in Florida, and my claim is almost settled. Same vibration issue on my 2014 V8 silverado. GM bought truck back above MSRP only catch is I have to get ANY GM vehicle...im staying away from their trucks. Sierras have same prob. As for your quest...tell rep you want buy back..this is full MSRP..it still takes about 2 months...but if you can leave truck at dealer and have them give you a loaner...my truck has been at dealer for 3 weeks straight now. I'm in last leg of lemon law..if your persist and let them know you know your stuff you'll win this battle too.

The process does take a while just be some what patient is all can say. GM did a buy back on my 2014 Sierra Denali 4WD 6.2 and ordered me a new 2015 Sierra Denali 4WD 6.2 it took six weeks just build my new truck and get it delivered to the dealer. I haven't even got to drive it to check it out really good but there was no vibration so fare with the Magna ride. I'm in the military so the day after I picked it up on 17 Apr 2015 I deployed to ntc in California for a training excise so when I get back and get to drive it I will update further on the new truck. But besides that the buy went well they did it kinda like a trade in and paid old my truck off completely so I was only out the ten months of payment that I had maid on my old truck. So since I'm in the military I got the gm military discounts on the new truck and few other discounts and now I ending up paying less for the new truck with all up grades for about a $1,000 less than I paided for my old truck in my original loan.

So my truck as been in the shop for over a week now with no answer for what's wrong with it. This is after them having for 4 days and replacing torque converter. They said we drove and felt all gone. So I got in hoping all was good and before I was a block away I feel it all. So I turned around and said thought you drove it. I looked at paperwork and there was a 2 mile difference. So like I started with its been over a week and nothing from them. Sad thing is I just got out of shop 5 hours before giving to them. I had a couple things done but took to them first and they told me and got in writing they would not say it was because of the upgrades I got. So now I'm here after paying 2k to get things done and am not able to drive. And did I mention I have only maybe 1000 miles on it. Here is how it looked when I picked up from detailer.

post-142606-0-03253900-1430702269_thumb.jpg

OK thanks all for updates and information on your situation. Here is an update on mine.

Called GM over the weekend to voice my disatisfaction with the vehicle and I was given a case number. As there was no seinor advisor in over the weekend, I was told to call back on Monday which I did this morning.

The senior adviser asked me what I wanted to do to which I told them I wanted a buy back. The advisor then told me that the dealership would be involved at this point to determine what options they'd offer me. The advisor then stated she'd send the information over to the dealership and they would be calling me to discuss options.

So far it sounds like they might be willing to work with me on getting a new truck, but we will see what the dealership has to say. More to come as this saga continues.

Edited by captgary

I'm in the MSRP to MSRP trade phase.

I have driven 7 Silverados, 1 2014, 6 2015s, 2 of the 2015s did not vibrate...one was a Z71 demo, crew short box, 18" wheels, v8, the other was an LT Crew long box, v8, 20" wheels with Conti tires.

They haven't been able to find me a replacement because nearly every vehicle I want as a replacement vibrates. Absolutely ridiculous.

How can GM knowingly sell these trucks when nearly all of them vibrate on the highway? When I first got on this thread, I thought hey, maybe 1 out of 20 at the most has vibration problems. Nope. 5 out of 7 so far vibrate.

Granted only my original 2014 had multiple vibe problems. I had all 3. Gas pedal, steering wheel, and whole truck. The other 4 vehicles I drove only had the whole truck lateral vibration at highway speeds (center console/passenger seat shake).

In my experience there are more of these trucks out there that vibrate, than normal trucks.

I'm in the MSRP to MSRP trade phase.

I have driven 7 Silverados, 1 2014, 6 2015s, 2 of the 2015s did not vibrate...one was a Z71 demo, crew short box, 18" wheels, v8, the other was an LT Crew long box, v8, 20" wheels with Conti tires.

They haven't been able to find me a replacement because nearly every vehicle I want as a replacement vibrates. Absolutely ridiculous.

How can GM knowingly sell these trucks when nearly all of them vibrate on the highway? When I first got on this thread, I thought hey, maybe 1 out of 20 at the most has vibration problems. Nope. 5 out of 7 so far vibrate.

Granted only my original 2014 had multiple vibe problems. I had all 3. Gas pedal, steering wheel, and whole truck. The other 4 vehicles I drove only had the whole truck lateral vibration at highway speeds (center console/passenger seat shake).

In my experience there are more of these trucks out there that vibrate, than normal trucks.

Hey mikegmi2.........So what did you have before, how long did you have it and what kind of vibration did you have?

I'm at the point where the dealership has 24 hours to call me to start this process.....also are they sticking to msrp to msrp or are they giving you a little bit of room to make you happy?

After two different road force and spin balances and having one of the tires replaced, I still have the following:

*Very noticable buzzing\vibration in the steering wheel\gas pedal while in the 45-55 mph range

*Front seats\console shake while in the 74-80 mph range. I can't say for sure if it goes away above 80 because it has been hard to test a speed that high (traffic/cops, etc.)

HOW CAN SO MANY SILVERADOS HAVE THESE ISSUES? Early 14's, late 14's, 15's...

I have a hard time believing that it is just tires, driveshafts or rear pinions/gear/teeth related, since it is so wide spread; as mentioned earlier, it's almost as if these trucks are super duper sensitive to any imperfection (tire, driveshaft balance, rear end, suspension, etc.).

Is it possible there is NO actual fix for most of us?

I am extremely hesitant to have a dealer with half a brain to throw parts and replacements at me, especially when they don't know the things discussed on this thread forum.

I am so sick of being sick of this truck. SO much to love about it too.

Edited by Shimmy Bang Bang

Shimmy - My 14 Sierra had the 45-55 vibe. Tracked to a badly out of specs ring gear. I have a 15 rear end and no vibration.