Well it's been awhile since I posted last and I wanted to update what is going on with my vibration issues. As previously stated I've had the truck in the shop 3 times for a total of 26 days trying to get the vibration issue fixed. The vibration was occuring when my 2014 Silverado 1500 4X4 went from V6 to V4 mode. Once in V4 mode the steering wheel and truck would vibrate. The service manager after replacing the ring/penion and force balancing tires, and finally changing tires from Goodyear to Contenial, that he had no idea why this was occuring.

So I approched the general manger of the dealership to request a buy-back. He told me to open a case with GM and he'd work on finding out what to do, which I did. Now in my mind we're talking buy-back but in the general managers mind he was offering a trade-in. Huge difference. When they made me the offer I was getting $7K less for my truck and having to pay $2800 more for the new truck. Not a good deal for me. I told them I wanted a even trade on the vehicle with NO money out of my pocket. He said he'd have to contact GM to see if he could get anymore incentives. Well after 5 days later after I had to call back to get an update and of course he told me that GM could not do anything else and asked me if I'd like to proceed with the trade-in. I advised him I'd call him back.

Needless to say I was not happy with the deal and that evening I filled with the BBB Autoline to proceed with Lemon Law. It was amazing the very next day I got a call from GM Senior Advisor asking what the issue was with my truck, what I wanted, and which dealership I was working with and the contact name there. I went over everything with them and they advised they'd get back to me in a few days.

True to their word they called me back with an offer. That offer was a buy-back of my vehicle, MSRP of my truck for another vehicle of the same or less MSRP. So yesterday I found another truck, 2015 Sliverado LT V8 which I submitting through the GM senior rep this morning for replacement.

All in all I guess the squeeky wheel gets the grease and if you do have issues don't be afraid to report your problem to the BBB autoline. They are there to help and arbutrate if needed, but all I had to do was file with them to get GM to call and start the process. Thanks to this board for all the post and advise. It really helped.

CaptGary...I'm extremely happy for you! Seems like the BBB Autoline was the answer..and you got it done quick it seems.

My dealership tried pulling same fast one on me to trade in my truck..I could smell the sheisty deal a mile away. I continued with lemon law process and BBB arbitration. I was in a loaner vehicle for about 6 weeks straight...not counting the previous 4 visits which were at least 3 days per visit. I finally wrapped up mine a week ago.. GM let me pick out any GM vehicle. Sine I did lemon law...they had to abide by those rules. And they were in my favor big time. I got a 2015 GMC Acadia SLT. Its nice...but no truck. But I wasn't going to test the waters twice.

When you go through buy back...tell them you want a "CHANGE OF COLLATERAL". This way you won't have to refinance. They basically swap out vin numbers on everything..then you sign new deal with new vin#. this way, financing stays same.

• Like 1

CaptGary...I'm extremely happy for you! Seems like the BBB Autoline was the answer..and you got it done quick it seems.

My dealership tried pulling same fast one on me to trade in my truck..I could smell the sheisty deal a mile away. I continued with lemon law process and BBB arbitration. I was in a loaner vehicle for about 6 weeks straight...not counting the previous 4 visits which were at least 3 days per visit. I finally wrapped up mine a week ago.. GM let me pick out any GM vehicle. Sine I did lemon law...they had to abide by those rules. And they were in my favor big time. I got a 2015 GMC Acadia SLT. Its nice...but no truck. But I wasn't going to test the waters twice.

When you go through buy back...tell them you want a "CHANGE OF COLLATERAL". This way you won't have to refinance. They basically swap out vin numbers on everything..then you sign new deal with new vin#. this way, financing stays same.

Hey FrustratedCasey....well after talking with you and the trouble you went through.....you gave me some good advise so I was ready for them. And I agree....things started moving when I contacted BBB as they were trying to run me down the tradein path which I would have lost big time.

I'm going with a 2015 Silverado 2WD LT which will be delivered in about 3 to 4 weeks. I've already test drove it and it rode great. Also thanks for the advise on "Change of Collateral" I'll be sure and mentioned that to them as well.

Congrats on your new vehicle and again thanks for reaching out to me and the advise....you were a big help.

Edited by captgary
  • Like 1

Count me in. Noticed the vibration when my head liner was vibrating after the first few weeks I had it. They fixed that, but not the root cause of the issue. Got my first oil change and tires rotated recently and I guess I had somewhat forgotten about the issue, now it's back again with a vengeance.

Noticed it after driving my wife's 2007 CRV (smoothly) to work in the same road I drive every day. When it came back from the shop and the first day I drove it again, it started driving me crazy, again. Shakes my wrist watch, rear seats, anything in the front cubby, etc. Ugggg!

Edited by Cravenfan

Those of you with steering wheel vibrations can you explain what it feels like? My steering wheel also seems to have a slight vibration if I place my hand on the center like where you'd honk the horn but maybe this is normal. Curious if this is what others feel or if its worse and can be felt more in the wheel itself where you'd typically hold to drive.

Are most of you running stock P series tires with the recommended ~35 psi? Or do some of you have LT tires running higher psi like 50+ (as I do)? Curious if this would make a difference in what is felt or if anyone has tried different psi to see if there is any noticeable change? Maybe tire psi doesn't make any diffence I dont know just trying gather as much info as possible.

I have a gas petal vibe and I guess you'd say a vibe you can feel in the seat at freeway speeds. Seems to intensify a little when going uphill. Mine will be going in to get checked out in about 2 weeks.

Mine is vibrating visibly on the steering wheel. If I place two fingers on the wheel, enough to maintain my lane, it isn't bouncing out of my hand, but very noticeable. I notice it in my seat also. I had the dealer reset my psi in my 20" Goodyears to 32 (actually about 35 psi on the hot days) from 38 that was "winter" pressures, about 60 degrees cooler outside. No change in vibration. I don't feel it in my gas pedal. Mine is about 35mph and up...all the way to 80, which is as fast as I've had it.

Well guys looks like I had quite the situation with the vibrator. I have a 2014 high country 6.2 and noticed the dreaded shake at 75 mph. I have 7500 miles on the truck. Brought it in to the dealer. They were more then willing to try to fix this. I let them know how much I've read up on the problem and that I wasn't confident. They first tried balancing the tires,,,no luck.. Then new tires,, no luck. New wheels and tires,,,no luck. Rotate the drive shaft,,no luck. Then they told me my drive shaft was way out of spec and that they had a new one on order. While waiting for it to come in, a delivery driver at the dealership ran INTO MY TRUCK!!! damaged the front right side pretty good. They replaced all damaged panels with oem replacements. No dent repair. After the fix they installed the new drive shaft and left me with the new wheels and tires and what do you know???!!!!! NO MORE VIBRATION!!!! Now rides like the dream I always hoped it would be. Couldn't be happier. Hopefully some of you guys have similar luck. Don't give up!

Edited by KennyD
  • Like 2

Well guys looks like I had quite the situation with the vibrator. I have a 2014 high country 6.2 and noticed the dreaded shake at 75 mph. I have 7500 miles on the truck. Brought it in to the dealer. They were more then willing to try to fix this. I let them know how much I've read up on the problem and that I wasn't confident. They first tried balancing the tires,,,no luck.. Then new tires,, no luck. New wheels and tires,,,no luck. Rotate the drive train,,no luck. Then they told me my drive train was way out of spec and that they had a new one on order. While waiting for it to come in, a delivery driver at the dealership ran INTO MY TRUCK!!! damaged the front right side pretty good. They replaced all damaged panels with oem replacements. No dent repair. After the fix they installed the new drive train and left me with the new wheels and tires and what do you know???!!!!! NO MORE VIBRATION!!!! Now rides like the dream I always hoped it would be. Couldn't be happier. Hopefully some of you guys have similar luck. Don't give up!

New drivetrain? Perhaps you mean new drive shaft?

Well I went to the dealership today for my first oil change and to have my vibration looked at. Turns out I'm not crazy (haha), the tech felt it too. Even mentioned being able to hear a noise as the vibration came and went something I had not noticed. With my truck I had them swap out the stock tires with larger LT tires when I took possession of it and they mentioned GM makes them do the tire balancing and road force stuff first with stock tires. So unfortunately for the dealership they said they have to temporarily swap my tires out with stock ones to go thru the testing and narrow it down. So they will be doing this the beginning of next week. They also mentioned they have delt with a lot of these trucks with vibrations. So far I'm very happy with everything the dealership has done and is planning to do to get the issue addressed. The tech sounded very knowledgeable when discussing the issue and the service advisor was very adamant that they'll get it taken care of.

My 2014 LT Crew Cab 6.5' is in the shop for the 5th same issues as most of you.

It had a vibration at 42-50ish and then at 74ish also under acceleration at about 75 it makes a loud vibration noise.

Tires have been road force balanced 3 times, they even ordered new machine to make sure.

New Tires seemed to help for a few weeks then it became worse, thought i was just going crazy. (18" GoodYear)

Took it in yesterday, today they called stated that they scoped it and the rear end has a vibration they will be taking apart and checking the sepcs on the current rear end and replacing it.

I would like to note that my dealership has been nothing but helpful, this is obviously a well known issue by now that GM has to know about with all these field "engineers" testing vehicles. Its also obvious they hope as most people are oblivious to the world that they will never notice this issue to save them $$$$$.. I on the other hand expect my vehicles to be 100% and especially one with 4000 miles and it has been doing this since day one. I will be going down the lemon law path on the next visit I can't afford to be paying for a broken vehicle.

Edited by medicconnor

I'm still waiting for mine to arrive at the dealer and when it does I'll be taking it for a long test drive. The only thing that concerns me is that it's not a necessarily an issue right out of the box and can crop up over time.

As much as I'm looking forward to this truck it's made me consider not taking the it at all. The HD's and Yukon/Tahoe/Escalade have well documented issues with this shakes and vibrations, too. The resolution rate doesn't seem high for the units with these issues and there seems to be more one thing that has solved the issues on the effected units and usually after a lot of headaches and downtime.

Mine is among the last batch of 2015's before they switch production to the 2016's. The fact that this problem is no longer just an early 2014 issue and is now being well documented in the 2015's does not give me much confidence. I'm not looking forward to making this decision but I'll have to. I put a lot miles on quickly and the last thing I need is for this truck 1. being an unenjoyable nightmare to drive and 2. spending endless time in the shop.

This site has been amazing in passing on these issues and info. I definitely appreciate it.

for those of you just going in to get it checked out, i guess the new protocol is balance tires, try new tires, drive shaft rotation, check spec on driveshaft....That is what the service tech told me GM had him do...my shake is solved thank god...it was the over 75 mph shake....

for those of you just going in to get it checked out, i guess the new protocol is balance tires, try new tires, drive shaft rotation, check spec on driveshaft....That is what the service tech told me GM had him do...my shake is solved thank god...it was the over 75 mph shake....

Hey Kennydor glad you got it fixed so which piece of the puzzle was the one that cured the shake?

Thanks!