Ok so I talked to my attorney again and he asked me to try one more dealership about 30 min away. Dropped it off yesterday and they called me a couple hours later saying it was the smoothest truck they have driven up to this point and asked me to come back and take them on a drive to point out what I was talking about.

I took the service advisor on a test drive this morning and took the truck to 80 and the whole thing started shaking and he immediately said I feel it.

Also tried saying that since its at highway speeds they might have to document it and wait for it to get worse but he would talk to his boss and let me know.

Also I have a clunk when you let off the gas to coast (so you can hear the whine when off throttle) and then give it gas again there is a clunk. He tells me this is normal with 4x4 trucks. Is this true?

Also does anyone has a list of all the recalls out so I can print it out and hand it to him and ask that they all be done? Thanks for everyone's help btw.

Clunk could be u joint or maybe the backlash in the gears. Mine does not clunk. Neither does my lifted 02 on 37's with 4.88's

Got the truck back from attempt number 1 from the dealership. They replaced two tires due to RF balancing weights being 33 an 19 lbs. New tires were 6 and 3 lbs. They also did the recall for TC lockup shutter. And instead of the vibrations coming in at 60-65mph they come in at 70-75 and get worse from there. Back for attempt #2..

I am new to the forum, but want to share this info on the Silverados based on personal experience. I have owned at least 4 Silverados over the past ten years with no issues. I came to the site to see if others were experiencing issues with the 2014 or 2015 Silverados. There appears to be much more than I thought.

In August 2014, I bought a 2014 Z71, trading in my 2011 model. While I was driving it home from the dealership and reaching about 40mph, I noticed a significant vibration. It felt like I was driving on a road full of pebbles. I called the dealership and they thought it was flat spots on the tires. Two weeks later same problem.

Had the truck into the shop 4 different times, once for two straight weeks, over a 6 month period. Four technicians noticed the vibration but could not diagnose it. The rearend was replaced, the shocks were replaced, the tires were replaced, etc., etc. I finally got to the point where I filed a claim with GM. they COULD NOT fix the problem and GM gave me a new 2015 Z71. I had to pay the difference of MSRP which was $800.00, but all my pmts up to this date were applied to the new truck.

I was quite pleased with the 2015 until I reached about 500 miles on the new truck. I noticed a vibration, same as the 2014 but only after I reached highway speeds, 60mph and up. I thought I was being paranoid and tried to convince myself that it was not there. Well, my wife and I took a 400 mile trip by highway, and about an hour into the trip, she asked me what was wrong with the truck. She was feeling vibration in her seat and floorboard. Now I am back where I started with the 2014 issues.

During this same trip, I ran into a friend who had bought the 2015 Silverado 2500HD. He said his truck vibrates to the point where his outside mirrors are shaking. Granted completely different truck but seems all too common among the GM trucks. He was bringing it back to the dealership.

As frustrated as I am at this point, I want to note that GM was very good to deal with on the issue with the 2014. Now I am either going to let the dealership try to fix the 2015, or I am going to visit Ford.

There is an attorney firm in New Jersey that handles the Lemon Law cases for free. You can find them on the web under Lemon Law for GM or similar. I did not have to use them but they did give me a free consultation.

Hope this is somewhat helpful to those with issues.

• Like 1

Its really disturbing GM isn't finding a fix.

What's really disturbing is driving 1h30m highway everyday and having to deal with a ride like this. And paying for it. -_-

It's incredible that the 1/2 ton pickups, the HD pickups, and the SUV's all have a related issue. Just looking between the 1/2 tons and the HD's, there isn't much running gear that is the same, yet the vibration is present in both. Even the frames are different. Beyond technical explanation. Normally when we troubleshoot machinery, or do formal RCFA's, we look for the commonality between machines that are exhibiting the same problem. But in this case..... It's almost crazy! Other than the cab and box, what else is the same??? So now, we're talking a multitude of defects across the 3 platforms. Almost hard to believe, but there is no question the problems are there.

About the only possible connection is that GM bought all the pinion and ring gears from the same supplier and there is a latent defect in all sizes due to some quality control issue, that shows up with the issues being reported. And as I've said before, changing the gears and not solving the problem does not prove the problem is not caused by the gears, just means the replacements have the same defect as the ones removed. As since the replacements came from the same supplier, that is not a stretch!

I would love to see someone install a set of aftermarket gears in one of these trucks. Have the differential rebuilt by a reputable gear shop. Be very interesting.

Edited by Wrench589
  • Like 1

Well after a month since my initial lemon law complaint at the dealer now picking up my new truck.

The BBB auto line is free for all states so if your dealing with an attorney you really don't need to. If you have any questions about the process I went through please pm me your questions and I'd be glad to go over it with you.

Edited by captgary

the only fix is a lemon lawsuit and in most cases that involves a civil court lawsuit after the BB lemon procedure fails to help.

that said, about one out of 100 of these lemons can be made to reduce the vibrations enough to fool the owner into thinking its fixed and no longer there (because they want it to be fixed so badly) but it never goes away. "if" it can be reduced enough, most people are happy with the vehicles after. most times balancing the tires just puts them in "sequence" so the vibrations offset each other until you put enough miles that they get out of sequence again and the vibrations come back.

it is a defective vehicle design, plain and simple, along with a host of other bad parts that can make it more pronounce or not so much depending on each individual vehicle. GM is even reselling the buy back vehicles as-is telling people they vibratre so they can unload them. they would not do this if there was "any" way to really fix them.

I had "hoped" the Colorado was immune to this defect but I suspected it might have it too, seeing as how its just a smaller exact copy of the big truck and they obviously copied the same defective design close enough to copy the defect as well

I kept all service records and left. 4 times...no fix. I went to the Toyota dealership and got a Tundra...very disheartened but my truck was in the shop too much. I mean look at all the responses to this topic and still no fix. Good luck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

What's really disturbing is driving 1h30m highway everyday and having to deal with a ride like this. And paying for it. -_-

Keep your service records and get rid of it if you can. Why should we even have to have almost 400 pages of dialogue to convince gm there's a problem. Eventually they'll be sued for this...everyone here has had the same recourse and no resolution. I will get my money back one way or another for having to get rid of my truck. I'm enjoying my toyota but I bought Silverado because that's what I wanted. Good luck.

Just FYI to all the people that are saying they are going to Ford, Ford is having the same issue with a vibration that is felt through the gas pedal. I spend alot of time on every truck forum, as well as working for the big 3. GM and Ford are not ready yet.

Just FYI to all the people that are saying they are going to Ford, Ford is having the same issue with a vibration that is felt through the gas pedal. I spend alot of time on every truck forum, as well as working for the big 3. GM and Ford are not ready yet.

I was just reading some on the Ford forums today, sounds similar to the GM issues.

And here's some RAM 8 speed woes.

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=196654

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=190906

No matter the brand, there will always be risks with quality/lemons.

Well add me to the list. 2015, double cab, 5.3, ls custom, 600 miles. Console shakes like crazy between 70 and 80. I found this thread pretty quickly when I started researching if anyone had the same issue. I can't believe how long this has been going on without a fix or root cause. I am an engineer with a large pipeline valve manufacturer and there is no way we would get away with having problems in the field this long without finding a cause and correcting it.

My dad is a diesel and auto technician and has been for 35 years. I am going to see what he thinks. Hard to mess with experience.

Vehicle manufacturers have been letting vehicles out the door with all kinds of problems for years, this vibration thing is not the first of GM's many problems over the years. When you buy a re-design in its first year or two then you are always taking a higher chance that there is going to be problems and the vibration is one of many of those issues. Older and wiser men have always told me to let a new design mellow for a few years before you buy it. GM will fix the problem but with future new trucks, not ones already sold. If it makes any of you feel any better my 2012 Ford work truck is going back into the shop for its second transmission in its first 50k miles.

I kept all service records and left. 4 times...no fix. I went to the Toyota dealership and got a Tundra...very disheartened but my truck was in the shop too much. I mean look at all the responses to this topic and still no fix. Good luck.

I posted that for others.

I got my cash buy back through a lawyer after 8 months (2 months of that was wasted with BBB & GM) so im out of my nightmare.

I bought a first gen Tacoma after filing the lawsuit because I have a bad back and literally couldn't drive a truck that vibrates like that.

I didn't like the bigger newer Tacoma and I couldn't stand the low mpg of the tundra on my budget but they are nice.

Oh me, why, why is it so hard to buy a truck?! Seems like there could be at least ONE maker that could produce a decent truck. I know, a few come off the line with no vibration, no water leaks from roof, transmission that will go 100,000 mile or more before burning up, no oil consumption, no bad frame rust, etc. I reckon. But man, I can't find a forum that has many!

• Like 1