I had a slight vib on my 2nd 14 Silverado so I replaced the SRA's with Terra grapplers and had an alignment done @ the same time. 0 vibrations after so it makes me think maybe it was out of alignment as well as crappy stock tires.

The dealer. I put the tires on, added a 2 in RC level, and had a 4 wheel alignment done.

thats lucky, I've seen quite a few people who have had the alignments done, and it hasnt helped

UPDATE:

new low fuel economy, 13.6 MPG avg. by way of staying in "M5" like the dealer said to help alleviate dome of the vibrations in my truck... and this is with the 4.3V6 engine....

also, I called the lawfirm again, and requested someone else because the guy they have been sending me to isn't returning any calls. I am about to send a follow up email to him.

Edited by Jesse D

well got the call today that the anylizer for the shake points to tires... so they RF the rears no change, they have a set of take offs they are going to put on it and see what it does... if it fixes then they are looking at something different for tires so, as stated earlier there maybe some trueth to the tires in the front causing vibes in the back... My thought still goes to possible tires rotating on the rims and throwing everything off... especially with the 6.2.. wooo hooo!

thats lucky, I've seen quite a few people who have had the alignments done, and it hasnt helped

UPDATE:

new low fuel economy, 13.6 MPG avg. by way of staying in "M5" like the dealer said to help alleviate dome of the vibrations in my truck... and this is with the 4.3V6 engine....

also, I called the lawfirm again, and requested someone else because the guy they have been sending me to isn't returning any calls. I am about to send a follow up email to him.

Did they put the anylizer on it to deteremine what it really is? so far that fixed it once and probably going to fix it again, I says in hopes of a quick solution...

Yikes for milage I get over 20 on the highway... and 16 around town and I have a 6.2.. it is even doing better than the loaner 6 cyl that is getting 18.2... goes to show that the small engines aren't as efficient as the bigger motors...

Edited by curver900

well got the call today that the anylizer for the shake points to tires... so they RF the rears no change, they have a set of take offs they are going to put on it and see what it does... if it fixes then they are looking at something different for tires so, as stated earlier there maybe some trueth to the tires in the front causing vibes in the back... My thought still goes to possible tires rotating on the rims and throwing everything off... especially with the 6.2.. wooo hooo!

The tire rotating on the rims is one of the first things they check for when conducting the step by step process GM makes them go through. They are supposed to mark the tire/rim before the first road check (I believe), then recheck afterwards in order to make sure the tire has not moved.

Edited by Strykers_Inc

Interesting theory on the tires / rims. My first 2014 didn't vibrate, I had put AR rims with MIchelins on right after i bought it. I got rid of it due to the dashboard rattle that they couldn't fix. I replaced that with a 2014 High Country with 6.2 and this one vibrates. It is back in being looked at for the 4th time right now. If it is not resolved I will talk to them about a set of aftermarket rims and MIchelins.

OK, I owe everyone my latest experience.

Before July 4th, the dealership replaced 2 rears because of bad vibes in the seat at 70 - 75mph. On July 4th, we took a 2 hour trip down to WVA, road great. On July 8th, during the return trip, the vibes started at 70 - 85 felt in the seats.

I returned to the dealer a week later and asked to be analyzed with a vibe meter, instead service manager (best friend) drove said they all did that. He drives Silverados as a work truck and switches out about every 2 months with newer inventory. He specifically mentioned that there is no fix or TSB from GM although he can feel the vibration. He did state that every Silverado that he has driven through 2014 and 2015 has that feel.

Returned to the dealership a week later where I spoke to warranty relations about next steps, mentioned that my window sticker did not state "may vibrate at highway speeds". I asked again for the vibe analysis. I was then asked to meet with the owner of the dealership. We went for a long ride where the truck showed vibration at highway speed. He does not know an answer but he has seen this issue on other Silverados. He has swapped tires for a softer tire with good results on other Silverados. He was not a fan of Goodyears.

Anyhow, he suggested we have a third party road force balance the tires and I agreed.

Here is where it gets interesting. Both the owner and I agreed the vibration was in the seat leading us to believe the rears were out of balance. On the road force, one front tire was out 2 ounces.

My theory:

the smooth road shake compensation software running the electronic power steering module will compensate for a certain amount of out of balance for the front tires. But you still have a tire severely out of balance. The stiffer frames resonated the vibes from front to back, masked the front vibes but continued to vibrate the seats.

With the all tires successfully balanced any vibration I have was minimal and most likely road related. It rides now better than it has in several months although I still feel the ride is harsher than it should be, I am guessing shocks. Like someone said many posts ago, I would feel a penny if I ran over it.

So last night, I added 250 pounds of ballast over the rear axle.

It rides even better now and I am happy for now.

I created a Colorado post for this same issue but follow the Silverado one also since it has been around longer. I have had a few trips to the dealer the passed couple months where they supposedly RF the tires every time but in my latest trip they found the front drivers side tire out of spec and replaced it (i am still on goodyears). To my surprise this helped a lot. I still feel a very slight shake and see a shake in the seat around 80 but its only at 80 where as it was from 75 and up and was very violent. Like mentioned above it is still a stiff ride which i also figure has to do with the Z71 shocks and it being brand new. I swear i feel everything in the road. It has been 2 weeks so far so I am still monitoring it but it is much better for now and not shaking me up everyday on the freeway. I only know what i have read on here in regards smooth road shake compensation so can't comment much on that but as mentioned i was shocked when it seems to be a front tire issue on what feels like a rear end shake.

Not saying it's a better truck but so far the problems I had with the Chevy are not present in THIS truck, no beaming, no vibration , no 8-4 bump you can still tell when it makes the change but much less noticeable .

So someone has allegedly found the fix, they posted it in another thread I follow on here. Whether it truly works or not, I don't know, but they say it did. heres the link... hopefully this will help with one of the issues

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/174374-2015-silverado-lt-vibrationshaking/?p=1659802

Did they put the anylizer on it to deteremine what it really is? so far that fixed it once and probably going to fix it again, I says in hopes of a quick solution...

Yikes for milage I get over 20 on the highway... and 16 around town and I have a 6.2.. it is even doing better than the loaner 6 cyl that is getting 18.2... goes to show that the small engines aren't as efficient as the bigger motors...

no they had the regional GM rep drive my truck, he is saying that everything is "normal operation" and they are refusing to do anything. but while saying that everything is "normal operation" he said that I have drive train vibration, go figure. it was him who recommended that I drive in "M5" to reduce the vibration from the AFM and that was relayed to me through my dealer service rep. I have been trying it, and it has absolutely killed my fuel economy. So apparently they don't want us driving our truck like they were designed to be.

What kind of driving do you do? is it heavy traffic (stop & go) or real freeway?

So someone has allegedly found the fix, they posted it in another thread I follow on here. Whether it truly works or not, I don't know, but they say it did. heres the link... hopefully this will help with one of the issues

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/174374-2015-silverado-lt-vibrationshaking/?p=1659802

My differential was replaced the 6th visit in. The Pico Scope detected vibration and my dealer replaced the parts. The issue persists....

I talked to a salesman who said he has seen this issue a few times , always on Sierras with extended cabs and NOT crew cabs. Also, the trucks with the issues had the chrome 20" SLT wheels. Everyone fit this criteria or are there other types of body styles / options having the shaking and vibration issue?

Sent from my iPhone

My differential was replaced the 6th visit in. The Pico Scope detected vibration and my dealer replaced the parts. The issue persists....

I talked to a salesman who said he has seen this issue a few times , always on Sierras with extended cabs and NOT crew cabs. Also, the trucks with the issues had the chrome 20" SLT wheels. Everyone fit this criteria or are there other types of body styles / options having the shaking and vibration issue?

Sent from my iPhone

Thats unfortunate, I have the CC, My truck has has the "smooth road shake" when going around curves at highway speeds, the engine causes a vibe that radiates through out my entire cab (even at idle). It's felt in the steering wheel, accelerator & brake pedals, seats, floor etc. and is only compounded when the Active Fuel Management system deactivates the cylinders. I do think that the tires need to be roadforced, but since the dealer won't do anything because the regional GM rep said everything is "normal operation" they are refusing to do anything, so I'm not willing to rule out another type of vibe issue because they specifically said that "all of the vibrations in your truck are drive train related". I also have the radio reception problems which drive me insane, I only listen to XM because I can't deal with the regular radio the way it is