Dodge buy back. That should do it and the only good looking trucks on the road are GM. Always have been and always will be.

Too bad GM is not buying back THEIR screwups. I guess they'll wait until the Gubmint orders them too also. Plus we're talking about older Rams vs current GM's. I don't care which company it is. I think they all dropped the ball with all this outsourcing and foreign plants. Everyone must make their own decision based on their own situation. If your vehicle has problems and the manufacturer refuses to do the right thing, then move on. It's not worth the hassle anymore. If you actually find a good truck whatever brand, then keep it and count your blessings. The days of brand loyalty are over because the manufacturers no longer have loyalty to their customers.

• Like 2

OK, so...

I know some folks think the ring and pinion in the rear diff is the cause of the vibrations in our trucks. Some of you have had them replaced by GM...but how do we know the replacement parts aren't also out of spec? After some research I found two aftermarket replacements, one by Motive Gear and another by American Axle. Anyone adventurous enough to try one of these?

American Axle:

http://www.demandaam.com/product-catalog/axle/ring-pinion-gear-sets

Motive Gear:

http://eastcoastgearsupply.com/i-127200-gm-9-5-motive-gear-ring-pinion-3-42-ratio.html

The motive gear set is for the older 9.5 rear end which has the 14 bolt cover. The k2xx has a 12 bolt cover and uses a different gear set. The AAM gear set is the same ring and pinion that GM uses. The entire rear axle is built by AAM for GM. In order to use the the gear sets for the old 9.5 it requires adapters, new bearings and a diff cover space to clear the differential. This rear end has been out for 2 years now and no aftermarket manufacture has cut gear sets for it. The only gears that fit without adapting are the AAM's which are what are in there to begin with.

i know you all will think I'm crazy, but I think it's an aerodynamic problem.

Every truck would have a vib then. There are hundreds of thousands that do not or there would be many more of is here. It could even be shitty wheel bearings allowing the wheels to wobble. My dealers been replacing quite a few rear wheel bearings.

I correct myself, its tires, drive shafts, rear ends, AFM, and all of the above and in any combination...

Every truck would have a vib then. There are hundreds of thousands that do not or there would be many more of is here. It could even be shitty wheel bearings allowing the wheels to wobble. My dealers been replacing quite a few rear wheel bearings.

I correct myself, its tires, drive shafts, rear ends, AFM, and all of the above and in any combination...

What fixed your vibration?

On my 2nd 14, I had a very minor vib 73+. I bought a set of LT 275 70 18 Terra Grapplers and replaced my SRA's that only had 1200 miles on them. My first truck had everything rear of the tranny replaced several times w no fix. I was lucky and it was only the tires.

Heck, it might be the weight of the LT tires I put on. They're MUCH heavier than the SRA's.

I had my truck at the dealer yesterday for the 2nd time trying to fix the vibration problem and they told me they cant work on it. The vibration exisits from 70-80mph and their techs cannot drive the car faster than 55. I suggested I would drive and take the tech with me....they declined. Beyond frustrated at this point, Im putting in a call to GM on Monday so I hope that gets me somewhere.

I had my truck at the dealer yesterday for the 2nd time trying to fix the vibration problem and they told me they cant work on it. The vibration exisits from 70-80mph and their techs cannot drive the car faster than 55. I suggested I would drive and take the tech with me....they declined. Beyond frustrated at this point, Im putting in a call to GM on Monday so I hope that gets me somewhere.

jmckeone,

Do not bother calling GM as they will not do anything for you. You are better off to call another dealer to look at it. Once you contact GM they will refuse to do anything for you at any dealership. Or you will get the response "it's working as designed". At least that is what happen to me.

• Like 1

jmckeone,

Do not bother calling GM as they will not do anything for you. You are better off to call another dealer to look at it. Once you contact GM they will refuse to do anything for you at any dealership. Or you will get the response "it's working as designed". At least that is what happen to me.

It just gets worse and worse dealing with these people haha.....thanks for the heads up!

• Like 1

It just gets worse and worse dealing with these people haha.....thanks for the heads up!

In this event, I would ask them why they attempted to try and fix anything in the beginning? Are their roads there with the speed limit posted of 70mph? Also I've always wondered, if GM can't "test beyond 70mph" why do they allow them to go any faster? What about people in Texas and Montana where the speed limit exceeds 70mph? When buying a new one, the sales person has no issues for you to speed and "see what it can do!" Once there is an attempted fix from them, they are admitting they know something is wrong. We all have every right to play the same game they do. Keep jumping through the hoops guys, once the GM rep drives your truck, ask him if they would live with it and accept it? Don't lay down and take it. The driving in M5 suggestion is just plain unacceptable.

i know you all will think I'm crazy, but I think it's an aerodynamic problem.

Definately not because mine was vibrating only between exactly 20 and 30 mph and smooth as glass at any other speed .

Good looking doesn't mean much when your truck is in the shop half the time. I've been looking at dodge quite a bit lately too.

Good looking doesn't mean much when your truck is in the shop half the time. I've been looking at dodge quite a bit lately too.

Picked up my 2015 Ram last weekend and couldn't be happier after trading in my Silver-Vib.

It's strange because it's like a breath of fresh air after Vibrating for 9 months I keep expecting to feel it again with my new truck , but nothing its so smooth ! It's like being on Vibration alert though lol .

The only thing I miss is the looks of the front end of the Silverado but the Ram looks pretty good and has nice body lines a long with the rear end.

C777063B-4A5C-4295-ACDD-F2A7BD7C1CCD_zps

3E5D42FD-BC4D-4C4E-B58A-5A0356C348FC_zps

Edited by TheFactor
  • Like 1

I'm at my local Ram dealer right now. Someone talk me out of it.

Just do it !!

After my test ride I was sold , handled nice for me on any turns and very smooth , I like the interior a lot to and the seats are super comfortable .

7A7E4D8A-33AD-4D37-A17D-82026F95F8C5_zps

• Like 2