Welp just got a call from my dealer. Said they still can't feel the vibration. I swear. Guess I'll be going down there next week on Monday after work. Can't do it tomorrow cause they are doing the body and paint work

That sucks man I'm sorry to hear that . Yeah they told me mine was normal and drove just like all the other ones on there lot so guess they all vibrated .

• Like 1

That sucks man I'm sorry to hear that . Yeah they told me mine was normal and drove just like all the other ones on there lot so guess they all vibrated .

And what's funny is before they would they check it out and give me a loaner they had one of service /tech guys drive it with me and he verified the vibration and told me didn't blame for being upset especially being a new truck . Edited by TheFactor

I know mine does I've had 3 different people mention it. And it doesn't help that they're ford guys so you hear all the crap lol

Yeah you gotta watch those Ford guys lol[emoji14]

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Dropped the truck off at the dealer this morning. They called a few hours later and said they can't feel the vibration and asked where I was driving the truck that I felt it, so I told them the particular stretch of freeway, service rep said OK we will check it out. Picked the truck up this afternoon and this is what I was told. We put the pico meter on the truck and drove it on the freeway where you experience the issue, your truck has a vibration in the frequency range as you stated but it is within GM's specifications, Gm will not authorize any warranty repair unless the vibrations are above a certain value on the pico scope. Service manager had the tech road force and match mount the tires and wheels on the dealerships dime even though everything was within GM's spec and gave me my truck back and said there was nothing more they could do, that the truck was operating within specifications but to drive it and see if the rf and match mounting helped. Service rep said the tech worked on it all day trying to get the tires as perfect as he could. First thing I did was head to the freeway to see if anything changed. The vibration wasn't gone but noticeably reduced, Still there at the same frequency though. At this point I suppose I'm on my own to either track down the vibration source, live with it, or get rid of the truck and get something else. I still suspect ring gear, one weekend I'll open the diff and check run-out, back lash and tooth size and pitch. If there is no smoking guns there it's probably time to admit defeat.

Dropped the truck off at the dealer this morning. They called a few hours later and said they can't feel the vibration and asked where I was driving the truck that I felt it, so I told them the particular stretch of freeway, service rep said OK we will check it out. Picked the truck up this afternoon and this is what I was told. We put the pico meter on the truck and drove it on the freeway where you experience the issue, your truck has a vibration in the frequency range as you stated but it is within GM's specifications, Gm will not authorize any warranty repair unless the vibrations are above a certain value on the pico scope. Service manager had the tech road force and match mount the tires and wheels on the dealerships dime even though everything was within GM's spec and gave me my truck back and said there was nothing more they could do, that the truck was operating within specifications but to drive it and see if the rf and match mounting helped. Service rep said the tech worked on it all day trying to get the tires as perfect as he could. First thing I did was head to the freeway to see if anything changed. The vibration wasn't gone but noticeably reduced, Still there at the same frequency though. At this point I suppose I'm on my own to either track down the vibration source, live with it, or get rid of the truck and get something else. I still suspect ring gear, one weekend I'll open the diff and check run-out, back lash and tooth size and pitch. If there is no smoking guns there it's probably time to admit defeat.

I got basically the same thing with the exception that my dealer has had my truck for 17 days checking the vibration and fixing the door chip, steering wheel scratch, airbag scratch, and now steering wheel damage that THEY have created all on their own. I have never had this type problem with any dealer/brand before. I have owned GMC Sierra 1/2 ton pick ups since 2000 and BY FAR this is the worse one yet. The 200 was great, the 2004 was pretty good the 2012 was CRAP and I put up with it but the 2015 is REAL CRAP and I am not going to just live with it.

Well I sent the link of the apparent TSB from a few pages back to the attorneys that I have been working with, they were very interested in finding out when it was first put out (not published online) as well as determining whether it is infact the real TSB. I brought up the new issue with the A/T tires and they were interested for the point of false advertising. I told them how TireRack lists them as an All Season Highway tire, I spoke with 3 local tire shops as well as my dealer, and none of them consider the GoodYear Wrangler SRA an A/T tire.

I also put in a call to the Chevy Customer Care (after talking to the attorneys to be sure it wouldn't affect them in any adverse way), when I informed them of all of the issues I'm having with my truck and what was happening between the dealer and the regional rep, they basically said that the regional rep is above both their and the dealers head, so what he says is basically it. I told them that that was unacceptable and requested a different rep, they said there is no other regional rep so there was nothing they could do. They did say that they would reach out to both my dealer, and the regional rep to find out what exactly was determined on their side. When I brought up the issue of the A/T tires, I informed them that I had checked TireRack, with three local tire shops, and my own dealer, which none consider it an A/T tire. The response was no different, they would look into it, but if it's what GM considers the A/T tire there is nothing they can do. again I reiterated how that was unacceptable and that since I paid the 350 upcharge for an A/T tire, I expect a real A/T tire, one that is accepted as one by all servicers, not just GM as that would be a true A/T tire, all they said was that they could try to look into it.

I'm still very annoyed/ pissed off/ in disbelief at how poor GM's customer service/ loyalty is.

Jesse

Guys... print all 4 of these pages out and take it to the dealer with you when you go. I think they are going to pin this soon but until then, I just thought I would throw it up in here in case you haven't seen it.

>>>>>>Vibration Analysis<<<<<<

I haven't really followed this thread for a while as work has been crazy. I'll give an update to my findings.

My service manager has finally given up on my truck as to what is causing the vibration. My truck has been in our shop going on about 7 separate occasions now, a couple of them lasting 3 to 4 days. I am going to be on the phone tomorrow pushing for a buyback. Here is what we have done so far.

1) Balance tires twice

2) Swap wheels from another truck that didn't appear to have the vibration

3) Balance drive shaft off truck

4) Replace ring and pinion

5) Check axles for runout

6) Balance driveshaft on truck

7) Loosen all cab mounts and inspect for anomalies

8) Picoscope the crap out of everything to no avail

9) That's all I can remember off top of head but there were a couple more things we tried

The disturbing part is we drove a handful of trucks in my inventory, and everyone of them exhibited the vibration/resonance to some extent. Mine is about the worst but I have a High Country in stock that is pretty dang close. After testing out different trucks my service manager is blown away we haven't had more complaints about it. He was dumbfounded how noticeable it is.

Most trucks that are vibrating exhibit this starting at around 45 mph on upwards of 75. It doesn't appear to be a drivetrain issue however. When we had my truck on the rack, we started it up and ran it up to 75 mph and the drivetrain was smooth as could be. No noticeable vibration from any drivetrain component (keep in mind this was after a bit of time was spent balancing out the driveshaft). I could almost live with the resonance, but the vibrations through the steering wheel and cockpit are unacceptable. When you can physically watch the steering wheel shake when applying throttle, or slowing down for a stop; something is seriously wrong.

Edited by Alter Ego Trip
  • Like 1

Guys... print all 4 of these pages out and take it to the dealer with you when you go. I think they are going to pin this soon but until then, I just thought I would throw it up in here in case you haven't seen it.

>>>>>>Vibration Analysis<<<<<<

I did that on Wednesday haha, when you print it, its actually 50 pages long, not 4. Dealer still said they couldn't do anything because my regional rep said they couldn't the last time I brought it in. My experience with the Chevy customer assistance went the same way today, although they said they would look into the matter and ask the reps reasoning for denying work. I'm so disappointed with GM I can't even begin to describe it.

Wow, with 283 pages of vibration issues on this board alone, I'm blown away that service is still a PITA to deal with over this issue.

When I traded my 14 off (not because if issues) I was afraid to buy a 15 GM because I was afraid of getting a vibrator.

Sent from Off Driller Side

I believe GM picked a vibration threshold value high enough so that most trucks fall into the "functioning within spec" range because every single truck they have produced has some form of vibration making it into the cab. The natural frequency for the truck is right on line with the frequency of rotating parts at highway speed and everything makes it way into the cab. Has anyone else been next to a vehicle with aftermarket exhaust or a harley with exhaust??? You can feel the sound waves resonate through everything in the cab, it's like a tuning fork.

• Like 1

I believe GM picked a vibration threshold value high enough so that most trucks fall into the "functioning within spec" range because every single truck they have produced has some form of vibration making it into the cab. The natural frequency for the truck is right on line with the frequency of rotating parts at highway speed and everything makes it way into the cab. Has anyone else been next to a vehicle with aftermarket exhaust or a harley with exhaust??? You can feel the sound waves resonate through everything in the cab, it's like a tuning fork.

Yup. It's prevalent enough that GM actually built a noise cancelling subwoofer for a lot of their vehicles.

They have always had issues with resonance (dealt with many TSB's on older trucks for driveline and exhaust updates), but these new trucks are as bad as I've ever seen it. GM can keep their high strength steel. I'll gladly take a weaker frame that doesn't transmit everything right into the cab.

Edited by Alter Ego Trip
  • Like 1

So at my daughters party today i talked to my neighbor who is a higher up managment/engineer at Bosch in Michigan and hes been doing some light research for me on this. This is a widely known issue in the engineering world, though the dealers are playing dumb. And he brought me the full checklist previously mentioned that the dealer needs to check (drive angles, rear end shims ect) He remembers having a test 2500 that recieved new tires and began to have vibes and the tire sidewalls werent stiff enough so they swapped brands and was fixed.

Then a schoolmate of my 5 year olds dad is a engineer at GM I had forgotten this (last we talked i had no intention of buying one so soon) and they were about to leave because their youngest was freaking out but he admitted to me that this is a huge known issue with no know fix and hardly any are fixed. I wanted to get more info and pick his brain but they had to run..... so i will have to try and get in his ear soon....

• Like 1

So at my daughters party today i talked to my neighbor who is a higher up managment/engineer at Bosch in Michigan and hes been doing some light research for me on this. This is a widely known issue in the engineering world, though the dealers are playing dumb. And he brought me the full checklist previously mentioned that the dealer needs to check (drive angles, rear end shims ect) He remembers having a test 2500 that recieved new tires and began to have vibes and the tire sidewalls werent stiff enough so they swapped brands and was fixed.

Then a schoolmate of my 5 year olds dad is a engineer at GM I had forgotten this (last we talked i had no intention of buying one so soon) and they were about to leave because their youngest was freaking out but he admitted to me that this is a huge known issue with no know fix and hardly any are fixed. I wanted to get more info and pick his brain but they had to run..... so i will have to try and get in his ear soon....

If it's so widespread known I guess my dealer knows about it and just playing dumb with me.

I go in Monday to test drive it with the service manager. We'll see how this goes