Atleast you got a manager to ride with you lol

I went yesterday, the manager "left early" even after a GM rep called the dealer to tell them I was going after work to take the manager for a ride so that I can show him the shuddering and hard shifting.

Typical GM lol.

Less than a week ago, I recall that someone got called in for the AFM vibration. It sounded like it was a Beta fix from GM. Who was that and did it get fixed?

I had the rough idle 80% fixed 2 weeks ago I believe it was. The AFM is the cylinder deactivation, it is physically caused by the difference in velocity of the pistons when 2 or 4 of them (engine dependent) shut down when cruising, the only hope for a fix to the best of my knowledge is new motor mounts which is part of the entire overarching vibration issue. I don't know of any other fix, other than to disable the cylinder deactivation, which inturn diminishes your FE.... technically could call EPA and see if what they think about this issue lol.

I had the rough idle 80% fixed 2 weeks ago I believe it was. The AFM is the cylinder deactivation, it is physically caused by the difference in velocity of the pistons when 2 or 4 of them (engine dependent) shut down when cruising, the only hope for a fix to the best of my knowledge is new motor mounts which is part of the entire overarching vibration issue. I don't know of any other fix, other than to disable the cylinder deactivation, which inturn diminishes your FE.... technically could call EPA and see if what they think about this issue lol.

Sorry Jesse D, it was not you. I forget the poster's name but definitely not you, it almost sounded like it was new fix for AFM and he was a potential test candidate.

Sorry Jesse D, it was not you. I forget the poster's name but definitely not you, it almost sounded like it was new fix for AFM and he was a potential test candidate.

hmmmm I don't recall it, should be within the last 5 pages or so I would think then....

I got one of those automated "how was our service" emails from my dealership, I sent them this back:

No Ken, I am not.

I paid over $37,000 for a brand new truck that vibrates almost every time it shifts from 1-4th gear and sometimes going up hill. Terry tried giving me some crap explanation about the truck trying to be efficient, but I'm sure that is what GM has trained everyone to say because apparently this vibration problem is a huge issue with all GM full size trucks and SUV's. At the same time he tried to explain away my vibration issue, your dealership wouldn't actually admit there was an issue by stating "could not replicate issue on my service papers." Nothing pisses a customer off more than being told their problem doesn't exist. There are quite a few very pissed off people out there. There are groups trying to get media coverage and class action suits on the issue. Some people on GM-trucks.com are on their 2nd and 3rd buy backs.

I've been working on cars since I was a young teen, I've even rebuilt manual transmissions. I'm well aware of what a vibration is and the things that can cause it. The truck "trying to be efficient" is NOT one of them.

I have lost all confidence in GM and their dealer networks, and I've owned nothing but GM trucks since 1995. My wife and I will need a family vehicle in the next year or so and I know what manufacturer is completely crossed off my shopping list. The 2011 Mustang we bought brand new has ZERO vibrations after 55,000 miles, and neither did the 2000 Silverado Z71 that I owned for 11 years that I traded in for this truck with 170,000+ miles. I fully regret letting that truck go.

A little casual reading on the subject for you (but I'm sure you're likely fully aware of the problems):

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/forum/186-2014-2015-2016-silverado-sierra-issues-troubleshooting-recallsservice-bulletins/

Thank you for your time,

I'm sure I'll get a response, but I doubt anything will come of it.

Edited by 67ChevyRedneck
  • Like 1

Someone had mentioned the number of used 14/15 trucks on lots.

Driving to lunch today I noticed an excessive number of 14/15's in a medium sized dealers used lot.

Sure enough, they have TEN 14-15 used trucks. The 2014's are barely old enough for even a 2 year lease return, aren't most truck leases 3-4 years?

Get this, FOUR of them have less than 4,000 miles on them! (looks like my link will only show all used trucks, hit the 14 & 15 buttons for the years to narrow it down). They only have SIX 2007 to 2013 trucks.

http://www.kevinwhitaker.net/VehicleSearchResults?search=used&make=Chevrolet&model=ALL&bodyType=TRUCK&trim=&series=&minYear=&maxYear=&minPrice=&maxPrice=&vehicleType=

Mileage on the four are:

691!!!!

Edit: and 19 people are currently reading this topic... so sad...

Edited by 67ChevyRedneck

2015 Silverado LT Vibration/Shaking

I FOUND THE POST AND WAITING MA - SILVERADOS UPDATE

I was gonna say I believe you can see your subscribed threads but not sure about replies to a certain thread, I'd have to look for myself when I get to a computer.

Someone had mentioned the number of used 14/15 trucks on lots.

Driving to lunch today I noticed an excessive number of 14/15's in a medium sized dealers used lot.

Sure enough, they have TEN 14-15 used trucks. The 2014's are barely old enough for even a 2 year lease return, aren't most truck leases 3-4 years?

Get this, FOUR of them have less than 4,000 miles on them! (looks like my link will only show all used trucks, hit the 14 & 15 buttons for the years to narrow it down). They only have SIX 2007 to 2013 trucks.

http://www.kevinwhitaker.net/VehicleSearchResults?search=used&make=Chevrolet&model=ALL&bodyType=TRUCK&trim=&series=&minYear=&maxYear=&minPrice=&maxPrice=&vehicleType=

Mileage on the four are:

691!!!!

Edit: and 19 people are currently reading this topic... so sad...

Autotrader breakdown for any distance:

2014 / 2015 model years

less than 15000 miles

1/2 ton only

used and certified

12,988 listings

Chevrolet/GMC - 5,377 - 41.4%, of this is 3,746 Chevrolet only

Ford - 3,935 - 30.2%

Ram - 2,835 - 22%

Toyota - 841 - 6.5%

Edited by 14silverado4.3