591 different members have posted. Top 20 account for 38% of the replies.

Shakes/vibrations definitely a bad problem for those that have them but no one really knows how wide spread keeping in mind that hundreds of thousands have been sold.

Thanks.

591 different members have posted. Top 20 account for 38% of the replies.

And Jesse accounted for 30 of the 38% lol

But I'm guessing of the 591 different members who have posted less than 91 of them were chiming in to say they didn't have an issue.

And Jesse accounted for 30 of the 38% lol

But I'm guessing of the 591 different members who have posted less than 91 of them were chiming in to say they didn't have an issue.

gee thanks bill, I actually only account for a couple hundred of them, no way I'm that high :fingersx::P:lol:

in addition, a lemon law attorney said GM lemonlaw case filings have risen 44% I believe it was in the last year

Edited by Jesse D

The problems some are experiencing with these trucks are a reflection of the new very disturbing trend in manufacturing. After manufacture of many parts and assemblies have been shipped to

China and Mexico, now companies discovered that seriously cutting or even abandoning quality control means further profits. Or, they simply buy rejected parts at a fraction of the cost and mix them in with the good ones. So it seems they are shipping all tires and other parts, with certain percentage of the defective ones mixed in with the good ones. And not just GM - this is happening all over. Recently I bought a new utility trailer. I felt some vibration in the truck when pulling the trailer at 70 MPH, so i took the trailer wheels for balancing (they do not balance them on new trailers at the factory). First tire balanced fine with 1.5 and 3 oz of weights required, the other was a different story. It required 3.75 oz of weight on the outside, and 7.5 oz (!) worth of weights on the inside to balance. The weights on the inside are going half way around the rim! It is obvious that a tire like this should never have left the factory. But it was shipped as a serviceable tire from China, apparently among thousands of other blems. The guy measured the road force variation on the tire and it was 56 lbs! And this is a 205/75-15 tire! Now the fun part - how do I get a new tire and try to convince someone that 11 oz of weights to balance a 15 inch tire is way off the scale and the road force variation is off the scale as well? Do they even have an upper limit on road force variation for trailer tires? Maybe the criteria is "if it rolls and holds air, then it is good". It seems that some of you are experiencing similar quality related part problems on your trucks, including tires.

Edited by pm26

This sounds familiar.Found this post on another site

..We bought a 2015 Suburban LT in August. When we test drove the vehicle had factory 20's and the ride seemed fine but never really got it up to highway speeds. Before we left the lot we had the dealer put on Chevy Factory 22's b/c we liked the look. When we finally took it on the highway we had a horrible (whole car shaking) vibration. Had tires balanced, problem still there. Had new tires put on, vibration still there. Had tires and rims road forced balanced, vibration still there. Adjusted tire pressure, vibration still there. It seems to be coming from the rear since we feel it in the bottom of the seats. We do not feel it in the swearing wheel. We are at a loss and so is the dealer as to what it is or how to fix it. Very pissed since we spent a lot of money for the car and usually spend 10 hours plus in the car for road trips home to see family. This is not our 1st suburban and our other one drove like a dream. Starting to think we got a lemon! Wondering if anyone else with a 2015 has experienced this? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

This sounds familiar.Found this post on another site

..We bought a 2015 Suburban LT in August. When we test drove the vehicle had factory 20's and the ride seemed fine but never really got it up to highway speeds. Before we left the lot we had the dealer put on Chevy Factory 22's b/c we liked the look. When we finally took it on the highway we had a horrible (whole car shaking) vibration. Had tires balanced, problem still there. Had new tires put on, vibration still there. Had tires and rims road forced balanced, vibration still there. Adjusted tire pressure, vibration still there. It seems to be coming from the rear since we feel it in the bottom of the seats. We do not feel it in the swearing wheel. We are at a loss and so is the dealer as to what it is or how to fix it. Very pissed since we spent a lot of money for the car and usually spend 10 hours plus in the car for road trips home to see family. This is not our 1st suburban and our other one drove like a dream. Starting to think we got a lemon! Wondering if anyone else with a 2015 has experienced this? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

I bet that by now it is a swearing wheel. Spending $ 60k on a POS would make anyone swear behind the steering wheel.

Edited by pm26

I recently got 2015 crew cab ltz 18 in wheels w sra's, so far about ~1500 miles and I don't think I have vibrations, every time I'm on the freeway I'm super vigilant for things but so I far I feel road imperfections and not something that's constant, (does ride pretty crappy on cement highways but like a caddy on smooth new ones)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

How about the 2016 models? Are they having this issue too?

GM has tendency to use the same crappy parts on any particular generation of their vehicles until they run out of those parts or change the design. Which is not encouraging.

• Like 1

I drove a 2016 that did and I believe someone else did too. BUt one member bought one and said it did but they balanced his tires and now it's fine. But we haven't heard from him in a few pages so who knows.

Tattoo has one, 16 all terrain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk