There are a couple posts in this thread where people claim an open water cup splashed most of the water out because the vibration was so bad. This latest one doesn't look anywhere near that bad.

This is one of my videos for comparison, 76 MPH on a freshly paved highway. Imagine what its like on old shitty roads, granted it was made substantially better by replacing a bad tire, nonetheless, it is still readily apparent in my truck. I actually think that replacing the tire made it worse at lower speeds, but helped at higher speeds.

Put it back up and let the people decide. If you think that water is vibrating at 80 mph, I'd love to see your definition of smooth. I have no love affair with GM but with guys like you out there claiming that the water and ice in the video is vibrating at 80 mph, I see now why they are denying claims.

Hang in there steelcity. There are a few haters that seem to have made this their life's cause. Some, have even though they've settled with GM or no longer own a 2014+ GM truck. Don't let'em shout you down :)

• Like 1

Hang in there steelcity. There are a few haters that seem to have made this their life's cause. Some, have even though they've settled with GM or no longer own a 2014+ GM truck. Don't let'em shout you down :)

I wish you could've seen the video of the glass of water that he is claiming is vibrating. A couple of ice cubes are barely moving in the water at 80 mph. He deleted it and that speaks volumes.

And you're right, what cracks me up the most is the guys who traded for a Ford or Ram or Toyota, that keep coming back to tell us how superior their trucks are.

Edited by steelcity

I think anything other than a magic carpet is going to shake a little at 80 mph. If that little bit of water shaking at 80 mph is troublesome to you, you're a lot more anal than I am. And I'm anal! I don't care how smooth the road appears to be there has to be imperfections, cracks, dips, expansion joints etc. You're not gliding on air. This IS a truck with stiff leaf spring rear suspension. Put that same glass of water in any vehicle and I think the exact same thing would happen at 80 mph.

If that little vibe is there at 80 mph and only 80 mph, you're going to be driving yourself nuts finding yourself driving at 80 mph everywhere you go, saying "there it is". I'll bet it doesn't vibrate at any other speed.

I did this test with my wife's 22K Sonata, no vib, water just sits there. But I've now had 2 GM trucks that do exactly what the video shows.

I did this test with my wife's 22K Sonata, no vib, water just sits there. But I've now had 2 GM trucks that do exactly what the video shows.

Mine has a slight buzz similar to the video. Mine has no vibration if I place the water bottle on the floor instead of the cup holder. Have you or can you try this?

Mine has a slight buzz similar to the video. Mine has no vibration if I place the water bottle on the floor instead of the cup holder. Have you or can you try this?

No, and I'm not going to, for $56K I expect them to be built correctly. There are other car companies that do it right, GM can to or the other companies will have our business.

• Like 1

I did this test with my 700 mile Corvette and at 80 mph my ice cubes are bouncing around a lot more than the video that was deleted. I can't imagine ice cubes not moving in a cup of water going 80 mph in a leaf spring suspended truck.

No, and I'm not going to, for $56K I expect them to be built correctly. There are other car companies that do it right, GM can to or the other companies will have our business

No argument there, vehicles are very expensive and you have the right for it to perform how you expect, If not, then you have the right to sell it and buy something else. It seems this is the direction you are headed so my only advice is sell it sooner rather than later to minimize your loss.

For what it is worth, I've owned Pontiac, Chevy, Buick, Ford, Dodge, Honda, Hyundai, and not a single one of them was perfect from day one to final day I owned them. I have a 2011 Mustang GT with 20000 miles and it has galvanic corrosion (rust caused by dissimilar metals) on the leading edge of the aluminum hood and Ford states this is normal. The Hyundai had more electrical switches replaced than I cared to count. The Honda puked oil out of every engine gasket when their crankcase vent (poor design) froze one winter. The best vehicles I've owned have been my 2005 Silverado and 2011 Camaro. I put a lot of miles on each of those with only small issues.

Back to the vibration issue, like I said, mine has a slight buzz that is isolated to the cup holders. Yep it is annoying when my Mt Dew fizz is gone on a long drive. Other than that I can ignore mine 99% of the time. I too would be really annoyed if it were worse like some of the videos I've see. It's my nature though to try to figure out or help figure out the source of the buzz because I love everything else about this truck and have driven enough other brands to know better than put my dollars on the other brand trucks. Hopefully someone else is willing to help isolate the cause will be kind enough to check the water bottle on the transmission tunnel.

I had a Maxima that was perfect from day one. 5 years, nothing but oil changes and tires. Had a Civic that went 8 years on original battery, put O2 sensors in after 9 years and gave it to a nephew. He has had it 2 years and put front brakes on it. Some accept inferior products, I don't. If every commercial you make touts your "Professional Grade" you damn well better live up to it.

• Like 1

I had a Maxima that was perfect from day one. 5 years, nothing but oil changes and tires. Had a Civic that went 8 years on original battery, put O2 sensors in after 9 years and gave it to a nephew. He has had it 2 years and put front brakes on it. Some accept inferior products, I don't. If every commercial you make touts your "Professional Grade" you damn well better live up to it.

Did ice cubes ever move a microscopic amount in a cup of water in the console of either of those vehicles going 80 mph?

Did ice cubes ever move a microscopic amount in a cup of water in the console of either of those vehicles going 80 mph?

Never tried it because it was smooth as glass, no reason to. But I had a GM engineer in the second truck with his pico scope and we both watched the vibrating water bottle.

Mine is in again today. I brought the bulletin with me that references the things to try with picoscope, shaft, tires, shocks etc, Service Manager who I have a long history with who said last visit thought it was a tire issues, agrees with me know that he feels its an inherent issue with certain trucks. Well that made my day, at least they admit my problems are not imaginary. This will be my last GM. The love affair is over. I am 39 years old and have owned GM since I was 16. I do not blame the dealership. GM should be ashamed of this problem and own up to it but I am sure hell will freeze over first.

My truck at 11000 miles has developed a vibration now. I feel it in the floor boards as well as the steering wheel at highway speeds. I will have the tires checked first to make sure however. Oh yeah.... it's a 2015 Tundra double cab... lol.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

skylineflyer,

Thank you for posting. Yours is significantly more than my slight buzz. I agree this is not something GM should ignore. Over time a shake like that will have a negative affect on lots of other parts. Can you test the water bottle on the transmission tunnel for me? And then flip up the console and place the water bottle on the seat and see if it still shakes like that?