I am really trying to be positive and not cynical and think they weren't trying to set me up but I got to admit that it did cross my mind.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I was positive until I heard that they couldn't feel my truck shaking. First time I took the truck in..... It's the stiff frame and 20 in wheels, blah blah blah. My question was, "Who designed the cotdamn truck this way and put the factory 20s on it?" Come to find out that they had to shim the motor mounts to stop the vibration. But it was normal right? It's been shaking in V4 mode at pretty much any speed, but they couldn't feel anything but the road. Told me it rides smooth. They drove it, didn't check anything of substance for an issue they know about. Now I'm going in the morning to take the service manager for a ride to point out the sh1tastic ride I pay for. ***Correction*** .... I haven't even made the first payment yet. Tragedy in progress.

Edited by severado
  • Like 1

I still have the paper tags on my truck and on my second visit already. It's really friggin' frustrating. I've had all kinds of rides, but never experienced anything like this.

I still have the paper tags on my truck and on my second visit already. It's really friggin' frustrating. I've had all kinds of rides, but never experienced anything like this.

Its reasons like this that scares me and why I am / was hesitant to trade in my 14 for a 16. I got luck, i don't know if i can get lucky twice.

I had a 22" Bridgestone tire replaced, it did help to reduce the vibration, but did not eliminate it. it was replaced under warranty

Wow they replaced the tire?? at 16k I had a tire develop a high spot in the center of the tire and they rotated it to the right rear and it vibed so bad I bought a new one on my dime because the dealer said it was not their issue!!

First time I involved the dealer was my first oil change so about 5-6k. Balance,multiple rfb, 3 out of 4 tires replaced and they're still working on it. Mine varies in intensity. It's not shaking the coffee out of my cup but it's bad enough that I don't enjoy driving the truck anymore. It gave me a headache after a 3 hour drive a few weeks ago. Dealer acknowledges the vibration and is at least putting g up the effort to figure it out. They're waiting on an engineer to come take a look at the transmission/driveline.

Hello tootall87,

I am sorry to hear you are still experiencing the vibration concern with your Silverado. I recognize you are awaiting assistance from an engineer, but if you would like any support in working with your dealership please feel free to private message me.

Best,

Julianne M

GM Customer Care

I took the service guy for a ride this morning. Pointed out the shaking... Where, when, all I need to know is why. They claim that my truck is "normal" even after a direct comparison of 2 loaners and my buddy's truck. Nothing they can find. Didn't even put it on the rack to check a damn thing. Best customer service ever. Told me to get a second opinion and if they find something, just let them fix it. Complete horse shit.

• Like 1

Wow they replaced the tire?? at 16k I had a tire develop a high spot in the center of the tire and they rotated it to the right rear and it vibed so bad I bought a new one on my dime because the dealer said it was not their issue!!

Yes, I actually just picked my truck up from its Final Repair Attempt, and they replaced all 4 tires this time. I'm now at roughly 12,500 miles. I did first start bringing my truck in for this issues at 370 miles though, so no matter what it is, its on GM to fix.

I took the service guy for a ride this morning. Pointed out the shaking... Where, when, all I need to know is why. They claim that my truck is "normal" even after a direct comparison of 2 loaners and my buddy's truck. Nothing they can find. Didn't even put it on the rack to check a damn thing. Best customer service ever. Told me to get a second opinion and if they find something, just let them fix it. Complete horse shit.

Thats insane, find a new dealership, the place I purchased my truck was acting the same way when I first started bringing it in.

**UPDATE**

I picked my truck up from its final repair attempt, and I now have paperwork that contradicts what was said the last time i had it in about a month ago (This was after they replaced one tire)

Apr 14 2016 RFB numbers LF:14 RF:2 RR:16 LR:14

May 24 2016, all 4 tires suddenly have RFB numbers over 30

May 25 2016, replaced all 4 tires, no specific RFB numbers given, but I'm told they are all less than 10.

They tested the truck with the pico again, before the tire replacement, the number was back up to 22 (right at the GM threshold), from 16 after the last time 1 tire was replaced. after the replacement of all 4, the Pico number is way down to 7. I can say that the Vibration is very very reduced at this number, but still slightly present, The foreman says that 7 is the lowest hes been able to get any truck before. My guess is that as the tires break in, the vibration will start to return, and the new tires are merely masking it right now.

As for the Radio, all they did was check the connections, They did call GM TAC, but they didn't have any other solutions so nothing was done. although they did say this time that they couldn't replicate the problem that they could the previous times, and they are chalking it up to the broadcast signal.

I will officially be filing lemon law within the week.

Jesse,

I strongly recommend you start by asking GM for a buyback. You will save yourself some time and probably some headache.

As soon as GM finds out you are in contact with a lawyer the repair attempts will stop. You will probably get a buyback in a year or so and then the lawyer will have their cut.

Much better in my opinion to work with GM and then get a lawyer involved if they don't do a buyback. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jesse,

I strongly recommend you start by asking GM for a buyback. You will save yourself some time and probably some headache.

As soon as GM finds out you are in contact with a lawyer the repair attempts will stop. You will probably get a buyback in a year or so and then the lawyer will have their cut.

Much better in my opinion to work with GM and then get a lawyer involved if they don't do a buyback. Good luck!

I've already asked them for a buyback, they refused. I sent them the final repair notice myself, and just picked it up today, I legally do not need any more attempts, and can go to arbitration or court now. I'm planning to use the Attorney Generals Consumer Action Council in Massachusetts, they essentially act as the BBB, but they aren't owned by businesses.

• Like 1

I drove 4 different crew cab 2016 all terrain models in the past week. 3 were SLT which is what I'd want if I purchase. All were 5.3 8 speed. They were very nice but every one had vibration kick in around 72 to 73 mph. The little decal hanging from the glove box started shaking. It wasn't too bad ...I was just surprised how they all felt the same at the same speed. Then got in my trade vehicle...2014 FX4 and no road feedback at all in steering wheel. I REALLY want a sierra but still nervous. Shake wasn't bad and kept thinking that good tires and balance would make even better. On a side note...anyone know why some trucks are rated for 15/21 while others 16/22? Same 5.3, 8 speed and 3.42.

• Like 1

I drove 4 different crew cab 2016 all terrain models in the past week. 3 were SLT which is what I'd want if I purchase. All were 5.3 8 speed. They were very nice but every one had vibration kick in around 72 to 73 mph. The little decal hanging from the glove box started shaking. It wasn't too bad ...I was just surprised how they all felt the same at the same speed. Then got in my trade vehicle...2014 FX4 and no road feedback at all in steering wheel. I REALLY want a sierra but still nervous. Shake wasn't bad and kept thinking that good tires and balance would make even better. On a side note...anyone know why some trucks are rated for 15/21 while others 16/22? Same 5.3, 8 speed and 3.42.

Keep yours until they fix this issue. I love the truck, hate the problems.

• Like 2

I've already asked them for a buyback, they refused. I sent them the final repair notice myself, and just picked it up today, I legally do not need any more attempts, and can go to arbitration or court now. I'm planning to use the Attorney Generals Consumer Action Council in Massachusetts, they essentially act as the BBB, but they aren't owned by businesses.

Good good. An arbitration was set up in my lemon case through the PA Court System rather than the BBB who like you said are paid for by GM (bias). Ford offered me a cash settlement the day before my arbitration so be prepared for that! They will try and pressure you. I actually think the lemon law lawyers (especially the big firms) are in cahoots with manufacturers but that's another story for another day.

Keep yours until they fix this issue. I love the truck, hate the problems.

Why get one? GM obviously doesn't give a sh*t about their consumers.

Good good. An arbitration was set up in my lemon case through the PA Court System rather than the BBB who like you said are paid for by GM (bias). Ford offered me a cash settlement the day before my arbitration so be prepared for that! They will try and pressure you. I actually think the lemon law lawyers (especially the big firms) are in cahoots with manufacturers but that's another story for another day.

I agree with the big lemon law firms thing, if I was going to use an attorney, it would be one I know. I'm fully expecting some for of settlement offer, possibly before I even send the notice to them as today was the final repair attempt. I know exactly what I would be willing to accept, if they don't offer that, its straight no deal and I'll see them in Arbitration (I don't let people pressure me haha).

• Like 1

Hi severado,

I am deeply sorry to hear about this shaking concern and I can understand how this persistent concern would be frustrating. If you would like to have me reach out to the dealer on your behalf, I would be more than happy to do so. Please private message me your VIN, mileage, contact information, and the involved dealership.

Best,

Anthony Z.

GM Customer Care