What's funny is when we first bought our Dodge Durango back in 1998, dissatisfied owners on a Durango forum where praising the foreign SUVs because they were picked by J.D. Powers or some similar organization (maybe Consumer Reports???).

Cmon man, that is so ridiculous. Just because you got a lemon doesn't mean the whole brand is down the crapper. Lemons happen these are mass manufactured vehicles and defects will happen, no matter the brand (yes even Toyota and Lexus have lemon).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

facts are facts. He brought up JD Power and how they gave GM "top in initial quality" I just feel everyone should know exactly what it takes to get that, excuse me for providing people relevant information to expand their knowledge. now if JD Power had given GM the award for VDS, then we may be talking a different story, but that is not the case, and VDS is based on 3 year old vehicles. I never said every GM is a lemon now did I?

Update, here is the txt I got from the service manager yesterday afternoon:

"Rear gears are replaced and now in spec. It is much better but still has a bit of vibration. We went back to the wheels/tires. I replaced all four of yours with a brand new set we had off a new truck that got upgraded. I rides great now. I am going to leave the new set on there for you. I am headed over to the body shop to see if they can get your truck worked in."

They are fixing the scratch they put in the front bumper. Supposed to get it back Friday. For some reason I'm not very confident. We shall see.

Hi guys, new member here wanting to get in on this discussion as I'm in the market for a used 2014/2015 Silverado 1500. I'm not quite sure where we're at considering there's 616 pages on this thread. Can I have just a quick recap?

1. Does this problem affect all current generation Silverados? All trim levels and configurations?

2. Is every single truck off the line affected or just some random ones? What do you think the percentage is?

3. Is there an official problem that's been identified and can be fixed?

4. What is Chevrolet's official stance at this point?

Thanks so much.

Edited by chev02

But you might be a blog plant Jesse so we have to take your posts with a grain of salt lol

lol you caught me Bill, I intentionally bought a lemon just to come here and be all unhappy haha

wow, 1 WHOLE WEEK of testing, phew, glad someone is doing such a long term test. I mean, its not like the vibration for most peope shows up a few hundred or even thousands of miles after purchasing their truck... try again

Hi guys, new member here wanting to get in on this discussion as I'm in the market for a used 2014/2015 Silverado 1500. I'm not quite sure where we're at considering there's 616 pages on this thread. Can I have just a quick recap?

1. Does this problem affect all current generation Silverados? All trim levels and configurations?

2. Is there an official problem that's been identified and can be fixed?

3. What is Chevrolet's official stance at this point?

Thanks so much.

1) it affects '14 and up, yes every trim level is affected

2)No, GM is not recognizing this as a problem, unless you complain enough, make them attempt to repair it enough, go through a final repair attempt, and threaten to or file lemon law with the state, BBB, or Attorney General. After my final attempt I called and said that I wanted to offer them one last opportunity to buy my truck back before I filed lemon law, they didn't do it over the phone, but a few days after I got a letter offering to do a Trade Assist for the full MSRP of my truck.

3) see above

2. Is every single truck off the line affected or just some random ones? What do you think the percentage is?

Thanks so much.

From what I have gathered it affects 14-16's, and yes all trim levels of both Silverado's and Sierra's

There has not been one single cause or solution to the vibration.

Chevrolet has not been able to pinpoint the cause.

My advice too you is when you find one you like to test drive it for a few days. Make sure you drive it on an interstate at speeds above 72 mph...... If it shakes you will feel it. Take a look at the leaf springs to ensure they do not have a clamp on them in front of the rear axle. When I clamp mine it does reduce the vibration but does not eliminate it.

Best of luck

Thanks so much.

1- Yes 2014 and above and YEs

2- I have asked at least 30+ Owners (personally know 5) if they have had any Vibration problems with the answer being NO and they love their truck. Very Very low rate... 1% keeps being talked about in this thread..

3- Mine was a Tire Rebalance.. 1 wheel was off 1 1/2 OZ..

4- They fixed mine on the first shot..

My advice is to first find a Smoking deal and Test Drive the heck out of it at speeds above 70 mph... Alot of us bought our Trucks for 20+% off MSRP so hopefully you can find a great used price as well.. Check CARFAX on your potential buys...

Hope that helps...

• Like 1

Thanks for the detailed responses, guys. Much appreciated. Now I know what to look for. Encouraged to hear it's only a small percentage of trucks that are affected. With as large as this topic is, I expected it to be much higher.

• Like 1

Thanks for the detailed responses, guys. Much appreciated. Now I know what to look for. Encouraged to hear it's only a small percentage of trucks that are affected. With as large as this topic is, I expected it to be much higher.

I knew about this issue before buying my truck as well. I just didn't feel it was a big issue and if I did run into problems I know the lemon law was there to protect. I think GM has the best light duty out there at a very reasonable price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With as large as this topic is, I expected it to be much higher.

It is. Do you think everyone on planet Earth who bought a 2014, 15 or 16 GM truck is a member on this forum? I know guys who have a shaker that don't even have internet service.

• Like 1