But what most don't seem to get is that there is only two "American" truck companies (Dodge is owned by Fiat), and those two companies like to employ Mexicans instead of Americans to build a large portion of their products while their Japanese competitors employ a lot of Americans workers to build their vehicles. I stopped caring about if a vehicle is "American" or not years ago because there is no such thing anymore.

There may not be a "True American Truck" anymore, but there are trucks that are more american than others, whether it be where manufactured/ assembled, or where the parts originate from.

Check out this article from USA TODAY:

GM posts strong second quarter, jolting stock

http://usat.ly/29X4m41

My thought process:

-This is b*llshit, GM doesn't deserve record profits,

-How can I argue and yell about this

-Sh*t, its a legitimate source

-Its SillyBear, I can't argue, I don't want a free 3 day vacation.

-I must remain strong, I can't yell at him, I must remain strong, I can't yell at him

-D*mn he's such a blog plant

-I must remain strong, I can't yell at him

-Ohh GM only got record profits because they blamed all of the issues on the manufacturers of the parts they use. There it is, haha yes I win!

-But its still SillyBear, so I still can't yell at him

There may not be a "True American Truck" anymore, but there are trucks that are more american than others, whether it be where manufactured/ assembled, or where the parts originate from.

My thought process:

-This is b*llshit, GM doesn't deserve record profits,

-How can I argue and yell about this

-Sh*t, its a legitimate source

-Its SillyBear, I can't argue, I don't want a free 3 day vacation.

-I must remain strong, I can't yell at him, I must remain strong, I can't yell at him

-D*mn he's such a blog plant

-I must remain strong, I can't yell at him

-Ohh GM only got record profits because they blamed all of the issues on the manufacturers of the parts they use. There it is, haha yes I win!

-But its still SillyBear, so I still can't yell at him

Why hey there Jesse! Been missing ya! Thought maybe you "finally" bought your Tunda and moved over to its forum, lol! Take care of yourself, kinda worried about ya :)

Well, I'm going to go with the Michelins. Anyone have a recommendation? Might was well "go big or go home" right? Give me the top two Michelin tires.

I'm looking at the LTX's. Defender? A/T 2's?

Thoughts?

I like the the Premier LTX on my son's suburban and the my Mom's RX 350 but I an in Alabama and not too concerned about snow.

I think any of the Michelins would be a good choice.

Mine came with Goodyear LS2's and I think they are horrible. Took the dealer 5 tires to get two that would balance correctly on the drivers side. On top of that they are bad in the rain.

Well, I'm going to go with the Michelins. Anyone have a recommendation? Might was well "go big or go home" right? Give me the top two Michelin tires.

I'm looking at the LTX's. Defender? A/T 2's?

Thoughts?

Jesse D. said:

Defender or AT2

personally I'd go AT2

It really comes down to where you live, and what you plan on doing.

I live in Massachusetts so I get a good amount of snow each year, and I also do a little off-road, particularly when I am on a construction site, when it rain a lot of them turn into mud pits. For these reasons I like a good A/T tire. If you don't get snow or go off road, you'll be fine with a highway tire, just don't expect much more than that. There are a lot of good brands of tires, not just Michelin, don't get me wrong, I like them, but I hear they are more prone to rotting than other brands.

If you go off road, these are some great tires:

BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2

Firestone Destination A/T

Michelin LTX A/T2

I have the Bridgestone Dueller A/T RH-s and they are alright, nothing to write home about. They will spin in the rain, and are just ok in the snow, Ive had to drop my truck into 4WD on more than one occasion in the year I've had it for both mud and snow reasons.

If you're looking for strictly highway these are some good options:

Michelin Defender LTX M/S or M/S2

Michelin premier LTX (more of an SUV tire, but

Pirelli Scorpion

Firestone Destination LE2

Why hey there Jesse! Been missing ya! Thought maybe you "finally" bought your Tunda and moved over to its forum, lol! Take care of yourself, kinda worried about ya :)

awww you really care :uhoh: . unfortunately, no GM has still been dicking around with the value of my truck, but they are slowly getting there. Soon enough I'll have my trade assist and will be getting a new vehicle.

It won't go anywhere.. I have listened to Tom's show off and on for many many years. He won't get anywhere with this issue just like he is not able to get anywhere with quite a few other issues out there. Tom has lost the nack of being a good consumer advocate, he's had a lot of personal problems in his life as well. I'm not trying to insult the man, but I lost all respect for him when he assaulted his 2nd wife (now ex) His show used to be nationally syndicated and was in multiple markets, however a lot of things went wrong with his organization. Some tough lessons for him to learn. With you thinking that his friend Rolly Purifoy with Purifoy Chevrolet in Ft. Lupton, CO would have any pull with GM, well, sorry to disappoint you, but it wouldn't go anywhere. Rolly is a good man, and he has a nice small town dealership, and a good staff, but they are as powerless to do anything about the issue as any other dealership out there, all they can do is the recommended stuff that GM Tech tells them to do and if they put up too big of a fuss, GM will simply shut em down.

The Shake/Vibe issue has made a few small/less important tech magazines but none of the major networks/big media guns (talking national not local, like Martino) seem all that interested in this. Unless it is a recall issue, it won't get much attention. That's just the way it works.

OK so everyone on this list should just stop searching for a solution or answers, hang their heads in disgust and take what GM is saying.

This type of attitude of not exploring all avenues is exactly what GM is hoping for, that everyone eventually just goes away.

So far, for most people, their efforts of working strictly with GM has not gone anywhere, so why not try a different approach?

OK so everyone on this list should just stop searching for a solution or answers, hang their heads in disgust and take what GM is saying.

This type of attitude of not exploring all avenues is exactly what GM is hoping for, that everyone eventually just goes away.

So far, for most people, their efforts of working strictly with GM has not gone anywhere, so why not try a different approach?

Just going to throw this out there, I have tried to get lawsuits going with over a dozen class action firms, contacted both local and national media outlets, filed complaints with every agency imaginable, and have gotten no where. The only thing that has helped is working with GM now as they are repurchasing my truck through a "Trade Assist" to put me in a new GM truck. we have been and still are going back and forth over price, as I have alot of accessories and things that won't be transferred over to the new truck.

What I am saying is, nobody will touch this issue. Lawyers don't want it because their is no direct link to injury, so they don't make enough money. Media doesn't feel that it is a big enough problem, and I havn't has a single complaint that I filed go anywhere. Look in my tagline, I even have a thread on here where I was trying to get information to support the "class" for the class action lawsuit. It's not that we don't care, its that we are the only ones who do, and nobody else does.

Just going to throw this out there, I have tried to get lawsuits going with over a dozen class action firms, contacted both local and national media outlets, filed complaints with every agency imaginable, and have gotten no where. The only thing that has helped is working with GM now as they are repurchasing my truck through a "Trade Assist" to put me in a new GM truck. we have been and still are going back and forth over price, as I have alot of accessories and things that won't be transferred over to the new truck.

What I am saying is, nobody will touch this issue. Lawyers don't want it because their is no direct link to injury, so they don't make enough money. Media doesn't feel that it is a big enough problem, and I havn't has a single complaint that I filed go anywhere. Look in my tagline, I even have a thread on here where I was trying to get information to support the "class" for the class action lawsuit. It's not that we don't care, its that we are the only ones who do, and nobody else does.

Hey Jesse, your problem is two-fold; as you stated, no direct link to personal injury. Plus there's no direct link to a specific cause or problem. I've often wondered why someone on this thread, maybe a moderator or administrator who has access to the internals of this database, hasn't done some analysis of the multitude of problems identified in this forum, maybe Pareto them and see if your complaint(s) could be focused more tightly? Anyway, in order to take a lawsuit forward you'll need to be more specific than "this truck sucks". Well good luck on your trade assist. So, what GM product will you be acquiring this go around? I thought you had your chops set on a Tundra?

Hey Jesse, your problem is two-fold; as you stated, no direct link to personal injury. Plus there's no direct link to a specific cause or problem. I've often wondered why someone on this thread, maybe a moderator or administrator who has access to the internals of this database, hasn't done some analysis of the multitude of problems identified in this forum, maybe Pareto them and see if your complaint(s) could be focused more tightly? Anyway, in order to take a lawsuit forward you'll need to be more specific than "this truck sucks". Well good luck on your trade assist. So, what GM product will you be acquiring this go around? I thought you had your chops set on a Tundra?

Honestly I've basically given up on a class action lawsuit. I have my lemon law avenue if the buyback through "trade assist" falls through, but I'm hoping I don't have to deal with that. At this point, I don't know what GM vehicle I would get as my replacement. I sure as h*ll don't trust their trucks, and their bigger SUV's have a "buffeting" problem which causes over pressurization in the cabin, and this has actually been linked to making people sick. So that leaves me with a car or risk the same problem in a new Truck, since I will not be getting a small SUV. If I got a car, it would be a Camaro SS, Chevy SS, or Corvette. which I don't really want any of these. I bought a truck, because I want a truck. So yea, I don't know at this point.

Honestly I've basically given up on a class action lawsuit. I have my lemon law avenue if the buyback through "trade assist" falls through, but I'm hoping I don't have to deal with that. At this point, I don't know what GM vehicle I would get as my replacement. I sure as h*ll don't trust their trucks, and their bigger SUV's have a "buffeting" problem which causes over pressurization in the cabin, and this has actually been linked to making people sick. So that leaves me with a car or risk the same problem in a new Truck, since I will not be getting a small SUV. If I got a car, it would be a Camaro SS, Chevy SS, or Corvette. which I don't really want any of these. I bought a truck, because I want a truck. So yea, I don't know at this point.

I think I would take the most expensive truck that I could negotiate and then sell it myself. Maybe ask a couple of $K less than what it could be bought for from a dealer. Then, go buy your Tundra.

• Like 1

So now that you are on your way to a buyback, you have lost interest in trying to pursue it. I understand that you just want a truck without problems.

Another avenue besides class action or recall since it isn't safety related enough apparently to get attention might be a Magnuson-Moss claim since the truck doesn't behave as it is supposed to.

It just sounds like everyone is giving up and unwilling to try other sources of help.

So now that you are on your way to a buyback, you have lost interest in trying to pursue it. I understand that you just want a truck without problems.

Another avenue besides class action or recall since it isn't safety related enough apparently to get attention might be a Magnuson-Moss claim since the truck doesn't behave as it is supposed to.

It just sounds like everyone is giving up and unwilling to try other sources of help.

It's not that I have lost interest, its that after 8 months of being unable to find any assistance, other than GM now willing to assist, I'm just defeated. At the same time, with them now willing to help, I'm not going to go and piss them off.

Well I can tell you for me, I am now on my 4th visit for this vibration issue and I have owned this truck for 18 days. It has had the vibration since the drive home and tomorrow will be the 6th day in the shop with no definitive solution. So 1/3 of the time I have owned the truck has been in the shop.

I am a fairly new convert to GM. I had a used Avalanche that I traded in for my wife's 2014 Acadia Denali. They weren't/aren't perfect, but have been great vehicles that I enjoyed. Which is why I bought this truck. It has been a miserable new vehicle experience.

Next visit under this problem will be a lemon law final visit. If I get to that point, it will be the last GM product I buy. Which is too bad, as my wife really likes the Acadia and has already started talking about replacing it with the new generation, and I have been a big proponent of the new GM product lines.

I just want them to take the truck back, whether through trade assist or buyback, and I don't think that is unreasonable since the first visit for vibration was at 52 miles, 14 when I drove it off the lot and 19 miles home and back to the dealer the next day.

• Like 1

Bought a 2015 ten days ago and quickly discovered the vibration issue on the way home at interstate speeds. Brought to dealer, road force balance determined I needed two new tires. Two days later they ended up putting on four new tires. I was skeptical and immediately got on the highway - the problem seems to be resolved. Hope it stays this way.

Bought a 2015 ten days ago and quickly discovered the vibration issue on the way home at interstate speeds. Brought to dealer, road force balance determined I needed two new tires. Two days later they ended up putting on four new tires. I was skeptical and immediately got on the highway - the problem seems to be resolved. Hope it stays this way.

don't hold your breath... I've had my tires replaced multiple times. As they get driven on, the tires settle n the rims, and it comes back.

Well I can tell you for me, I am now on my 4th visit for this vibration issue and I have owned this truck for 18 days. It has had the vibration since the drive home and tomorrow will be the 6th day in the shop with no definitive solution. So 1/3 of the time I have owned the truck has been in the shop.

I am a fairly new convert to GM. I had a used Avalanche that I traded in for my wife's 2014 Acadia Denali. They weren't/aren't perfect, but have been great vehicles that I enjoyed. Which is why I bought this truck. It has been a miserable new vehicle experience.

Next visit under this problem will be a lemon law final visit. If I get to that point, it will be the last GM product I buy. Which is too bad, as my wife really likes the Acadia and has already started talking about replacing it with the new generation, and I have been a big proponent of the new GM product lines.

I just want them to take the truck back, whether through trade assist or buyback, and I don't think that is unreasonable since the first visit for vibration was at 52 miles, 14 when I drove it off the lot and 19 miles home and back to the dealer the next day.

keep on them. send that final repair notice and they will start working with you

don't hold your breath... I've had my tires replaced multiple times. As they get driven on, the tires settle n the rims, and it comes back.

keep on them. send that final repair notice and they will start working with you

Good to know. About how quickly did the problem reappear? What do you mean by the tires settle in the rims? Did you ever get the issue resolved for good?