My 2014 Z71 4X4 has a noticeable vibration when braking at highway speeds. However, it doesn't seem to affect the braking performance. Also, it does not pulse as would be felt when rotar is warped. There is no vibration when braking at normal in town driving speeds. Braking is smooth and normal. Truck has 51K miles.

Any ideas?

Have the alignment checked first.

Edited by Severado

You buy this BS?

From what I understand the road force units cause more issues than they cure...they are complicated, require a specialized "tech", and need frequent calibration and repair.

I have had extremely bad luck with the road force balancers, I would NOT go looking for that service and would probably go somewhere else if it was offered to me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

My 2014 Z71 4X4 has a noticeable vibration when braking at highway speeds. However, it doesn't seem to affect the braking performance. Also, it does not pulse as would be felt when rotar is warped. There is no vibration when braking at normal in town driving speeds. Braking is smooth and normal. Truck has 51K miles.

Any ideas?

Replace the rotors...mine does the same thing, it's rotors.

We just got a new Hunter 9700 this year. $13k. They make more expensive ones but not $66k. No auto tech anywhere is paid $115/hour. Submitting every new vehicle to GM for a road force balance would surely set off an audit.

• Like 1

Any ideas?

Pulsation during aggressive or heavy braking is a sign of warped rotors. Additionally, having 51k miles on them also confirms this.

I'm going to throw my name in this as well. 2015 GMC DC 6.2L All-Terrain. Had a slight vibration with the 18s. But not very noticeable. Put knock off CK160 with Hankook 305/45/22. 2 rebalances and 1 load force balance and no change. All three times they said they were not balanced. Vibration starts 65mph and vibration increases as the MPH goes up. Going to put 18s back on and take it to dealer. Not expecting an help from them.

Edited by Salernophotog

I believe the problem is with the axle studs. Lift your truck in the air (jackstands and all) and watch your rear wheels very carefully. I don't believe the axle studs are in proper alignment. It's almost as if they are drilled just a couple mm off center and that is why the entire rear axle replacement usually solves the vibration issue. If wheels are true, and tires are balanced the axle studs have to be off center to cause vibrations. (My truck was ultimately bought back under FL Lemon Law, but I did lift the rear and my wheels looked like they were out of round when they were spinning. Verified by local tire shop and dealer wheels were true and minimal road force balance.)

I believe the problem is with the axle studs. Lift your truck in the air (jackstands and all) and watch your rear wheels very carefully. I don't believe the axle studs are in proper alignment. It's almost as if they are drilled just a couple mm off center and that is why the entire rear axle replacement usually solves the vibration issue. If wheels are true, and tires are balanced the axle studs have to be off center to cause vibrations. (My truck was ultimately bought back under FL Lemon Law, but I did lift the rear and my wheels looked like they were out of round when they were spinning. Verified by local tire shop and dealer wheels were true and minimal road force balance.)

Wouldn't OE wheels be hub centered, not stud centered?

No clue. All I know is that my wheels looked like they had a "hop" to them while spinning but were verified to be true and well within RF specs.

Wouldn't OE wheels be hub centered, not stud centered?

I put my 18s back on and there is still a slight vibration. Not as pronounced as when I had my 22s on it. I stopped in at the dealer and made an appointment for next Thursday. First question he asked if my wheels and tires were factory. I know I will be never win this battle. They have take off 22s sitting in the showroom I ask for him to take test drives with all three sets to make sure it vibrates with all of them. I might have burn a vacation day and babysit to make sure this gets done the way I ask.

• Like 1

I put my 18s back on and there is still a slight vibration. Not as pronounced as when I had my 22s on it. I stopped in at the dealer and made an appointment for next Thursday. First question he asked if my wheels and tires were factory. I know I will be never win this battle. They have take off 22s sitting in the showroom I ask for him to take test drives with all three sets to make sure it vibrates with all of them. I might have burn a vacation day and babysit to make sure this gets done the way I ask.

correct, it makes no difference. I have 22's and 18's, both factory... both vibrate

Edited by Jesse D

Straight from Techlink, read the bold http://sandyblogs.com/techlink/?p=6253 V8 Engine Surge Sensation during Highway Driving

postdateicon.pngMay 24, 2016

A surge or misfire sensation during steady-state highway driving may be felt on some 2014-2016 Corvette and 2016 Camaro and CTS-V models (Fig. 11) equipped with the 6.2L V8 engine (RPOs LT1, LT4) and the 8-speed automatic transmission (RPO MU5). The sensation may be noticed most often in 6th, 7th, or 8th gear, in manual or automatic mode, with an engine speed between 1,000 and 2,500 rpm under load. The Torque Converter Clutch (TCC) will be engaged and there will not be any misfire data or P0300 (Engine Misfire) DTCs set.

TCC slip with this condition present may show on a scan tool of +/- 6–0 rpm. This occurs at about 30–60% throttle. This sensation, or chuggle, with the TCC locked is a normal condition.

Full-size trucks equipped with the Gen 5 V8 engine (RPOs L83, L86) may not exhibit this condition because they usually have 15-50 rpm of TCC slip speeds, which absorbs any engine chuggle sensation.

The normal operation of engines and transmissions generate various vibrations and the engine and transmission mounts are designed to isolate these vibrations from the rest of the vehicle. While the mounts do a great job of isolating most vibrations, there still may be certain engine loads and rpms that generate vibrations that drivers may feel in the vehicle. Changes in engine load or rpm will change the vibrations produced, making it more or less apparent to occupants in the vehicle.

When issues of this nature are encountered, like equipped vehicles should be compared and, if consistent results are identified, should be considered a normal characteristic of vehicle operation.

• Like 1

I have a slight vibration on a 2016 crew Z71 with 2500 miles on it. I feel the slight vibration in seat, steering wheel, and gas pedal. Also it rides pretty dang rough, feels like a 3/4 ton. Has 20" tires on it. It is in shop trying to figure it out.

Edited by JWMan

Straight from Techlink, read the bold

http://sandyblogs.com/techlink/?p=6253

V8 Engine Surge Sensation during Highway Driving

postdateicon.pngMay 24, 2016

A surge or misfire sensation during steady-state highway driving may be felt on some 2014-2016 Corvette and 2016 Camaro and CTS-V models (Fig. 11) equipped with the 6.2L V8 engine (RPOs LT1, LT4) and the 8-speed automatic transmission (RPO MU5). The sensation may be noticed most often in 6th, 7th, or 8th gear, in manual or automatic mode, with an engine speed between 1,000 and 2,500 rpm under load. The Torque Converter Clutch (TCC) will be engaged and there will not be any misfire data or P0300 (Engine Misfire) DTCs set.

TCC slip with this condition present may show on a scan tool of +/- 6–0 rpm. This occurs at about 30–60% throttle. This sensation, or chuggle, with the TCC locked is a normal condition.

Full-size trucks equipped with the Gen 5 V8 engine (RPOs L83, L86) may not exhibit this condition because they usually have 15-50 rpm of TCC slip speeds, which absorbs any engine chuggle sensation.

The normal operation of engines and transmissions generate various vibrations and the engine and transmission mounts are designed to isolate these vibrations from the rest of the vehicle. While the mounts do a great job of isolating most vibrations, there still may be certain engine loads and rpms that generate vibrations that drivers may feel in the vehicle. Changes in engine load or rpm will change the vibrations produced, making it more or less apparent to occupants in the vehicle.

When issues of this nature are encountered, like equipped vehicles should be compared and, if consistent results are identified, should be considered a normal characteristic of vehicle operation.

This is pretty much what mine does but mostly between 1000 and 1500 rpm under load. I just put it a tank of premium in and noticed most but not all of it went away. Feels like it is missing or hesitating.

This is pretty much what mine does but mostly between 1000 and 1500 rpm under load. I just put it a tank of premium in and noticed most but not all of it went away. Feels like it is missing or hesitating.

Notice that it was for Camaros and vettes,

The highlighted portion is interesting on vibration isolation.

I have a 2016 Chrysler mini van that I was positive had some vibes was told that normal with the V6 and they have done extensive work to isolate engine harmonics but some still get thru