ahhh the good old days :crackup::smash:

Hey Jesse, hope your new ride is doing you right. Understand that you can't talk about it. Maybe we can set up a code. Let's see, how about a smily face if all is good and a frowny face if all is not good?

• Like 1

Go to the dealer and ask them about the service only hydraulic steering gear bushings and the revised steering gear bushings they will be using on trucks made after DEC 16. This will in most cases fix the smooth road shake problem. Don't back down until they change the bushings. Demand a buy back if they won't service it.

you mean from 14 up or a late model only ?

Anyone else get the recall from Continental in the mail today?

"Continental has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in certain Continental Tire brand passenger tires, in the size P275/55R20 111S Cross Contact LX20. The affected tires may exhibit localized tread wear, excessive vibration, noise and bulging in the tread area. With continued use, the tires could experience a partial or full tread/belt loss, which could increase the risk of serious injury or death.

The subject tires were sold as original equipment on various 2015-2016 GM full size truck and SUV models and in the replacement market."

Anyone else get the recall from Continental in the mail today?

"Continental has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in certain Continental Tire brand passenger tires, in the size P275/55R20 111S Cross Contact LX20. The affected tires may exhibit localized tread wear, excessive vibration, noise and bulging in the tread area. With continued use, the tires could experience a partial or full tread/belt loss, which could increase the risk of serious injury or death.

The subject tires were sold as original equipment on various 2015-2016 GM full size truck and SUV models and in the replacement market."

Yep. I replaced mine a week or two before the recall. Now I have to send them paperwork for reimbursement.

Sent from my OnePlus 2 using Tapatalk

Made an interesting observation today that makes me think back to the posts where people said their tires are spinning on the trim causing it to not be balanced anymore.

So throughout this journey I have noticed that the vibration gets worse for a while, then better then worse again and so on and so on. Well I'm driving home and cruising at 45mph and the truck was actually driving fairly smooth. Last week it was horrendous at this speed and temps have ranged from high 20s to low 40s. So as I'm driving home today, some jerk in a Mercedes tries to pull out into the median to merge with traffic. Instead of staying in the median his car is halfway into my lane and he is stopped. I hit the brakes hard and was able to go around him, avoiding collision. No ABS was not activated, just a pretty hard hit on the brakes to slow down to 15 mph. Immediately after getting back to 40-45 mph the vibration was 10 times worse. I just got a phone call from the dealer a few days ago that are now going to put michilens on my truck. Maybe it is the tires after all? God I hope so. I may take a paint pen and mark my tires and wheels as mentioned way earlier in this thread.

Sorry for the long response time y'all. Life and the Wife calls. Well, I have had numerous issues with my 2k15 Silverado. Lifted 6" on 20" Grid Rims with 35" Nitto ExoGrapplers. Everyone says "it's the tires it's the tires!"

BS. Proved that tonight when truck still does it with BRAND NEW 20" rims off another truck, same symptoms (40-50mph vibrations) left rear Rough Country shock was leaking originally ($60), thought that was the cause. No Dice. New one didn't fix. Dealership ordered brand new rear driver tire after 2x road force and rotation didn't fix. $350 out of their pocket for the new tire. Vinyl wrap also had to be redone not sure on that price.

Needless to say, the dealership is getting tired of seeing me, and spending $$ on me. I hate to say it, but the service manager honestly is not sure what to say anymore.

They have it now while my $50k truck is replaced by a 2012 impala. He says I should expect a call tomorrow.

Service department has been the only saving grace of this entire Even though returning a phone call seems difficult for them... Beautiful truck I'm absolutely in love with.

Best Part? I am now Supertuned to road surface variations. Maybe I'm just being paranoid.

Edited by Brakin7

You could have a square "hub" and would not do anything....as long as the Lugs are placed in appropriate positions off center anything past that is just material for strength. It could look like shark teeth too and would not effect anything............keep trying!

The outer surface of the axle flange is not true with the hub. This absolutley WILL cause a vibration, How much I don't know but I will turn that surface down when I get the old axles. BTW the stud holes are centered off of the center hub so they really cant be off because the are drilled after the hub is turned from the live center hole.

Edited by 07Softail

Ive had my truck in the shop for the 2nd time now and Monday will be the 18th day straight in the shop.

I contacted GM about the issue per the recommendation of my dealer after requesting for trade assist or trade for different GM vehicle.

Told the rep that called me back what was going on and that the vibration has occurred since the day I picked up the truck back in August.

GM told me that some engineers would now be getting involved.

I am a little worried about which lemon law state I am supposed to be following because I purchased the truck in Illinois, I have been living in Alabama but I keep my cars registered in Michigan because I move around once every 12 months for work.

I have been getting the truck serviced in Alabama so if anyone has any insight on which lemon law applies to me please share. I am scared that I may have to get it serviced in the state of Michigan to qualify.

On a side note the GM rep asked me how I like my loaner and I quickly informed her I was not given a loaner and I had waited a month for one to become available and eventually got sick of waiting and just dropped it off and have been using a jobsite company truck from my project. She called the dealer and they set me up with an enterprise. Picked up a 16 Silverado LT with 15K miles this morning as a rental and it has 0 vibration. It was so weird to feel how the truck should ride on my daily commute. Complete night and day difference.

At this point I want out of my truck, 8K miles of vibration has probably already taken its toll on a number of parts and I have serious doubts they will get it right. If I have the option I am going to try and get a Chevy SS instead of a truck and not roll the dice on anoter vibrator.

• Like 1

No posts in 3 days, whats going on with everyone? sorry had to break the awkward silence

Mine is back in the shop for this issue. I'm driving a new Cruze hatchback as a loaner. My choice really, I told them anything would do. It's a fairly nice car with a smooth ride on most road surfaces. Makes me wonder why they can't figure this out for something they sell over 700K per year. Silly me for trying to make sense of it all.