Guys I kind of have a question , the lugs are tork to 140 Lb on the Silverado ! Now think just 1 minute , there is no way to bring them all in even to that setting unless you have one of them big tools like at the factory where all are tork at once. Could when a person trys to tork the lugs 1 at a time be warping the plate where the studs are attached ? My older Silverados all were tork to 110 if I remember correctly , this plate should be at least 3/8 if not even 1/2 inch thick. Think about this because as another poster stated he had wobble at the studs so this would have to be the cause !

This is torquing 101.

You never torque each bolt/nut one at a time to the final torque value. You start with one, thread it on finger tight. Then go to the next and do the same thing. When all are then finger tight, you start torquing them down a little at a time.

You do each bolt/nut a little at a time before going to the next one.

You go from each bolt/nut to the next in a specific pattern. For wheels, you go across to the opposite bolt/nut to get even torquing.

Make 3 or 4 passes around using this pattern, tightening more each pass. On the final pass you torque to the manufacturers specification.

On some things, like cylinder heads, there is a specific pattern that the manufacturer specifies, you can usually find this online.

Jumping into the chat. I previoulsy posted that my '16 LTZ CCSB 4400 mi has the some vibration issues in the 60-80 mph range. The first dealer flat out told me it was "frame beaming and was inherited to the truck, and that there was nothing he could do to correct it ", thats without even driving or having a tech look at the truck. I asked if it could be a bad tire or something else, again he said "it you want to pay for the balancing we could take a look but there would be a charge"... After finding out they dont even have a RFB tire machine I opted out.

2nd dealer about 25 minute drive away....

Called asked for appt for my first service and explained my vibratiion issue, I requested a loaner vehicle, which the supplied !

Truck has beed there since Wednesday,they called yesteday

1.verified and acknowledged the vibratiion via a pico scope

2. Replaced 1 tire that would not RF balance and balance the other 3,said

they would like keep it over nite and reroad test in the morning to verify the repair and should call me today.

I will update in the next day or two after some driving , keping my fingers and toes crossed at this point!!

Jumping into the chat. I previoulsy posted that my '16 LTZ CCSB 4400 mi has the some vibration issues in the 60-80 mph range. The first dealer flat out told me it was "frame beaming and was inherited to the truck, and that there was nothing he could do to correct it ", thats without even driving or having a tech look at the truck. I asked if it could be a bad tire or something else, again he said "it you want to pay for the balancing we could take a look but there would be a charge"... After finding out they dont even have a RFB tire machine I opted out.

2nd dealer about 25 minute drive away....

Called asked for appt for my first service and explained my vibratiion issue, I requested a loaner vehicle, which the supplied !

Truck has beed there since Wednesday,they called yesteday

1.verified and acknowledged the vibratiion via a pico scope

2. Replaced 1 tire that would not RF balance and balance the other 3,said

they would like keep it over nite and reroad test in the morning to verify the repair and should call me today.

I will update in the next day or two after some driving , keping my fingers and toes crossed at this point!!

Ask them to check axle run-out while it's there.

Has anyone checked the brake rotors? I have balancing cuts on mine.

Yep, replaced mine with aftermarket units. No change.

Wishing you good luck - I'm going to order axles as soon as you report back. Hopefully.

I suspect I'll find only one is bad. But I'll post all the run-out tests as soon as I have them. I'll have 600 miles on the new axles by Wednesday so that should give me plenty of time to see if it worked.

Read this article a few minutes ago in my latest Truck Trend magazine. It does appear that GM is indeed moving it's supplier's (AAM) pickup axle mfg operation back to the U.S. Below is an excerpt from the article.

"GM claims this investment announcement is part of the company’s ongoing focus on efficiency, which also includes persuading suppliers to set up “supplier parks” adjacent to plants, reducing transportation and freight costs for components". Open the below URL to read complete article.

http://www.trucktrend.com/news/1701-general-motors-announces-1-billion-additional-investment-in-u-s/

All you high mileage guys replacing axles please spend the extra coin and replace your axle bearings & seals. I just finished up a truck (86000miles) this am that only had .015" and .009" flange "wobble" measured off a dial indicator, but had approximately .060" play each side when trying to lift up and down on the axle flange. I understand a couple of thousands would account for axle wear so the rest was in the bearings. There should be some play, but .060" is too much. Another honorable mention was the amount of wear noted on the carrier pin.

Is the vibration in the USA made double cabs or just the Mexican crew cabs like the one I own?

Maybe our new President can help us out if it's just a problem with the Mexican built trucks!

• Like 1

I've had my 2016 to the dealer 3 times. I took the service bulletin (10059132-88 mentioned in many previous posts) regarding the vibration in with me, and the service mgr said it only applies to 2014 and 2015 Silverado's. Given the bulletin came out in 2015 it's rather easy to understand why it doesn't cover 2016's, but he said they would have updated it to show the 2016's, unless there was a change for 2016. Does anyone know of a change between 2015 and 2016?

I've had the pico scope done, and it conveniently came in just under the threshold to be considered a problem. He said he would push for getting my driveshaft balanced, but Chevy would probably deny approving that since I have aftermarket wheels (Michelins, which have been balanced and RFB'd to no avail).

Also-- I've started a case thru the GM website. I've been shuffled to 3 different customer service folks as my case works it's way up. The last one suggested I go to another dealer (definition of insanity?) and when I pointed out the absurdity of this, she said she'd email the region service rep about my issue, and cc me. That was two weeks ago, no email and no reply to the 5 voice mails I've left. They are very polite though... and great with the stall tactics.

To sum up: once we eliminate the wheels, it's either driveshaft, third member, axles or rotors.

My '16 Z71 Silverado has been to the dealer twice, no success with getting rid of the shakes. Last visit was 10/25 when dealer tried to convince me the vibrations (+,- 45 MPH and 70 on up to +85) was due to the "aggressive tread" of my Dueler A/Ts. That was after re-balancing the tires. After holding back my laugh and letting the service manager know I wasn't a total fk'n idiot, he said put another 1000 miles on the truck, then call and make another appointment and they would switch tires/wheels off another truck and see if that helps.

I've held off on setting another appointment because, as the temperatures have decreased here in central NY, the truck's vibe issues are now more hit and miss. Sometimes the vibration is hardly noticeable, other times it's bad, very noticeable. Damn thing only vibrates about 70%-80% of the time in the cold. Funny how I bitch about LACK of vibration. Geezus it's frustrating )o:

well my new to me 2014 silverado high country has the shaker option also! so far I've owned a

2015 silverado double cab 1500 LT z71 5.3l

2015 GMC Sierra crew cab 1500 SLE 5.3l

2014 Silverado high country crew cab 1500 5.3l

THEY ALL SHAKE!!

my current truck the high country has a more exact shake. Its at 45 mph and 75 mph……almost exactly! i went through GM on my 2015 silverado and GMC sierra their tires not balancing is total garbage. their trucks never did this before i can't believe they are honestly telling people its tires.

Axles didn't help me. Found a bad wheel though. Which is odd since these were mounted on my Tahoe before I put them on my truck and I never noticed any vibration. Had the wheels balanced multiple times, no issues with a static balance had them balanced twice in the last 6 months without issues. A dynamic balance might solve the problem. Most likely will just replace them.

Good luck everyone!