I dropped my truck off yesterday afternoon and after talking to the service rep (who is a former mechanic) I had high hopes that my truck would finally get fixed after 10+ visits. Then I got on here and have lost all hope! Sorry everyone is having to deal with this I will begin my research on a 2017 duramax!

Spoke to the dealership yesterday and was told they have ordered a new drive shaft that should arrive on Wednesday. They will replace it and run test again to make sure vibration is gone.

Spoke to the dealership yesterday and was told they have ordered a new drive shaft that should arrive on Wednesday. They will replace it and run test again to make sure vibration is gone.

I wonder if they are actually ordering new shafts for everyone, or GM is just swapping them around everywhere..... Hmm.

So the GM field engineer looked at my truck yesterday and said that it was within specs...

Seriously? It has been two months and 4 different ride alongs where a vibration has been confirmed and that is your response?

His response was that they used the pico in another All Terrain X on the lot and they both had the same vibration readings.

Seriously? I already told the dealership that the other one had a problem and drove worse than mine. It has 3500 miles on it already and the tech basically already confirmed it had issues which is why it has been sitting on their lot for so long. They can't sell it because it shakes so bad.

Just because two trucks drive like garbage it is normal and there is no issue? I am beyond angry.

Apparently the regular All Terrain Sierra I have been driving for weeks is a completely different truck from the X which is why it doesn't vibrate... That was the dealership's response. BS

Edited by zachcest
  • Like 1

GM truck sales have taken a tremendous hit over the last month plus, its starting to get out more and more, its not just the vibrations there is alot more issues with these trucks then just this.

• Like 1

post-172114-0-74839400-1495818088_thumb.jpg

Since they refuse to work on my truck any longer I had decals added and I'm gonna set up shop across the street from my local dealer over the weekend. My nauseating truck is "operating as designed"

Think a lemonade stand and lemon balloons would be too much?

• Like 5

attachicon.gifIMG_0052.jpg

Since they refuse to work on my truck any longer I had decals added and I'm gonna set up shop across the street from my local dealer over the weekend. My nauseating truck is "operating as designed"

Lol, if there is a place where you can park your truck by your dealership on the shoulder you should do that. It "broke down" there mysteriously, if they call you. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes they have! Plus missing a lot of features that the F-150 has like DOHC 4 valve/cylinder engines, adaptive cruise control, blind spot monitors, rear HVAC vents, and keyless ignition:

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2017/05/best-selling-pickup-trucks-april-2017.html

What would a DOHC 4 valve/cylinder engine do for you over the new GM 5.3 and 6.2 pushrod?

• Like 1

At SEMA 2016 in Las Vegas, Chevy had their LS7 crate engine (7.0L, pushrod, 2 valves / cylinder) that made 505HP. Mercury Marine Engineering was also at SEMA, they took an LS7 block, designed DOHC, 4 valves / cylinder heads for it, and it developed 746HP. As a comparison to the Chevy LS7 (505HP) Ford's VooDoo 5.2L in the GT350, develops 526HP (DOHCs, 4 valve/cylinder). And we won't talk about the huge performance advantage Ford has over Chevy with their EcoBoost engine technology!

You can buy this Corvette off the shelf at any Chevy dealer.

Z06 is a true world-class supercar. Conceived on the track and engineered alongside the C7.R race car, Z06 features a lightweight and rigid aluminum space frame, as well as a supercharged 6.2L aluminum V8 engine delivering 650 horsepower and 650 lb.-ft. of torque.

However, I will acknowledge that a DOHC engine, all other things being equal, has more upside potential than a normally aspirated pushrod/cam in block engine. But, we aren't talking Formula 1, Indy Cars or off-shore cigarette race boats.. We're talking pickups.

Just got back from a trip to Fort Wayne Indiana about 250 mile each way [ took Rt 30 ] , to my surprise the old gal did not shake !!! I'm running about 40 PSI in the tires now , [ PSI got up to 42 PSI when warm ] and rides a little rough but no shaking , top speed was 74 MPH !!! This is from a truck that I have told GM two times that it is unsafe to drive and I mean that !!! This truck would shake so bad it was Unbelievable , the steering wheel was hard to hold onto . Truck has almost 32,000 on it now so I knocking on wood I guess !!! I have noticed GM must be adjust the setting on the truck weekly as the tran shifting is best ever and smooth ! Gas mileage about 23 MPG

The seats in the gal are still a pile of dog poo as far as I'm concerned and a real pain in the A$$

Hey Boys and Girls, Jesse D. here. Haven't been on in a while and have just now gotten caught up.

Somebody tried to do the class action lawsuit already. He was only able to help himself really. If my memory serves me correctly, he got a buyback and then went to another brand shortly after. It's very frustrating and absurd that in 2017 we are plagued with expensive cheap sh1t. Contaminated food, high prices for insurance we can't use, and tons of BS everywhere else. I'm going to keep this truck for another year, and buy myself a leftover 2016/17 Frontier. They'll be cheap AF when the new body style drops. It's what I should have done all along. My current truck is reliable in every other way. Shakes like a twerking video though, even with all of the money I've burned on suspension, wheels, and tires.

Hey there, yup that was me. and you are right I managed a trade assist but couldn't get anything going on the CA part. Wish I could have helped more people though. You are also correct, I did jump ship from GM less than a week after getting my 2017 replacement. It had the shake in addition to the radio issues, trans thump from 3nd to 2rd gear when slowing down I believe it was, along with the gears grinding and rear end bouncing when in reverse.

I'm familiar with the dude you refer to concerning attempting to get a class action suit going. A good guy and enjoyed sparing with him occasionally. (How you doing JD? Hope all is well with you)! Anyway, I think as part of his settlement he had to agree to stop playing in this sandbox but not sure. Anyway, back to class action lawsuits; there's one thing we can be certain of besides death and taxes and that's if there's money to be made from a potential class action lawsuit there will be attorneys all over it. Like sharks tasting blood in the water. So, the question is this; if this is such a large and pervasive problem with this generation truck why isn't there already a lawsuit filed and in the works? to me, that's the big mystery. Maybe we have an Esquire lurking out there who can give us a good answer?

hey SB, I'm good, still loving my new F150, how are you? I can still play in the sandbox, just not advise anyone on what to do regarding the vibration. It's a lot easier to not think about it though since I don't have to deal with it :)

While my truck, at 31K miles doesn't have the dreaded Chevy Shake, I do get tired of the thump, thump, thump, from whacking the expansion joints in the crappy roads where I live. I would like to see GM take a page out of the Ram play book and offer coil springs with air bags as an option for the rear suspension. For years 1967~1972 GM actually offered on the 1/2 ton C/K both coil and leaf spring rear suspension systems. Apparently, the coil system out sold the leaf spring system. Don't know why the coils were discontinued.

LOL those expansion joints are murder in any vehicle.... except maybe a Bentley or something super high end. They had the Coil Overs on the Avalanche, wish they still made that truck but I digress. By the way, the coil over system with the air ride in the ram isn't that great. I test drove one with the eco diesel and it had a wobble similar to the chevy and GMC I had, but no where near as severe. I wasn't impressed with it.

Their towing numbers "tongue weight" and payload would drop considerably. We all know well about this race to be the best in class....bragging rights!

correct, does ride nice though, atleast the avalanche did

Anyone know if they made any changes in 2017 to fix the issue? Someone was telling me that they did.

How are people making out on the 2017?

GM truck sales have taken a tremendous hit over the last month plus, its starting to get out more and more, its not just the vibrations there is alot more issues with these trucks then just this.

:)

attachicon.gifIMG_0052.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I LOVE IT.

Ohh and I will be getting the front window tints done this week, so I will update my tag line and photo sometime after. excited to finally be getting it done. I haven't found an LED bar that I like, the good ones seem to have amber turn signals but I'm kinda anal and particular when it comes to my vehicles and like things to match so where the truck has red signals, I won't be happy with the LED bars. if anyone has any recommendations I'd love to hear them.

Edited by 2016 Ferd
  • Like 1

Hey Boys and Girls, Jesse D. here. Haven't been on in a while and have just now gotten caught up.

Hey there, yup that was me. and you are right I managed a trade assist but couldn't get anything going on the CA part. Wish I could have helped more people though. You are also correct, I did jump ship from GM less than a week after getting my 2017 replacement. It had the shake in addition to the radio issues, trans thump from 3nd to 2rd gear when slowing down I believe it was, along with the gears grinding and rear end bouncing when in reverse.

Hey man, I'm just glad you got away from the headache. I'll probably sell mine and get something cookie cutter without the shakes.
  • Like 1

The Ford GT with a 3.5L EcoBoost V-6 blew the Corvette C7.R away in the 2016 Le Mans 24 hour endurance race! The Ford GT placed 1st, 3rd, and 4th in the LMGTE class, the best the Corvette placed was 7th in the same class!

Here is a Ford vs Chevy engine comparison, the Ford engines all have DOHC, 4 valves/cylinders, the Chevy engines are all pushrod, 2 valve/cylinder engines:i-Z3ghTpD-XL.jpg

Hmm, guess you neglected to read this part of my post?

"However, I will acknowledge that a DOHC engine, all other things being equal, has more upside potential than a normally aspirated pushrod/cam in block engine. But, we aren't talking Formula 1, Indy Cars or off-shore cigarette race boats.. We're talking pickups."

For pickup use, I'm quite content with my normally aspirated 6.2L 420hp/460ft lb engine. It will still be doing its job just fine when your 3.5 teapot has been junked out.

"hey SB, I'm good, still loving my new F150, how are you? I can still play in the sandbox, just not advise anyone on what to do regarding the vibration. It's a lot easier to not think about it though since I don't have to deal with it :)"

Hey Jesse, glad all is well with you and that you're happy with your new F150. I'm doing good, my wife and I are getting ready to make a tow down to Big Bend (about 600 miles) shortly after Memorial weekend is over. I've learned not to go there on the big holidays as it's filled with snow birds, no offense, lol! I'm still having good luck with my 6.2, great for towing which is why I bought it. Well, take care and "don't be a stranger" as we say down here, lol :)