As discussed in a previous post. I went to my local 4WP and they told me about an issue they came across. Apparently on the 2WD trucks, the Automatic Transmission Extension Housings is damaged or not properly installed from the factory. The seal leaks (transmission fluid) and/or wears out prematurely and this causes .... wait for it ... our dreaded shake with the 2WD trucks. Definitely something fishy with the transmission and drive shaft. This has worked so far on a GMC and Chevy. The part number is ACDELCO 24224676. $75 for the part plus labor. Did it fix my shake? About 80% there. I can now get up to 90 MPH without the console throwing itself violently. Unfortunately the shudder between 30 and 55 MPH persists. I still have wheel hop, so that is probably attributed to the crap axles and the trash leaf springs. Good luck YMMV.

Thanks for the info. I found a GM service center that knows about the problem, but they have to go through GMs procedural crap. The shudder between 30-55mph is the torque converter. GM tech told me that himself. I'll keep this updated in case it helps anyone out. They'll start working on my truck next Tuesday.

Edited by lylknutsak
  • Like 1

what about 4wd ? same problem ?

the problem with this vibration is an expensive fix to recall and apparently not life threatening or causing damage beyond uncomfortable ride

it may be expansive due to time or labor or parts no one can tell but GM .

So far this has only been performed on 2WD trucks.

So far this has only been performed on 2WD trucks.

The 4 wd has an adapter where the 2wd tail housing would bolt that connects the t-case to the transmission. It's just a hollow piece, not to say the t-case doesn't have issues at the intergrated tail piece where the drive shaft conncets. If that really is the issue it explains why GM doesn't want to fix it. 2 grand a pop plus labor for the t case.

130619TK04-219.JPG

• Like 2

You got some actual pics? Ive heard terrible stories about the trannys in those. But, no vibrations at all?

I've heard the same thing, that they are having transmission issues. A friend of mine encountered a lady that couldn't get the key out of the truck because the truck thought the tranny was in gear when it was in park, couldn't start the truck either because of the same reason so he hit up another friend that's a mechanic and he said the colorados and canyons have been having a lot of transmission issues.

Thinking of trading my 2014 in on a 2010. Pretty sad when you look to downgrade 4 years because you know that era of truck is tough as nails and typically issue free. My 15 is my favourite truck I ever had, the 14 is my most hated truck I have ever had. Case by case basis. I think it a combination of cheaply manufactured torque converters, driveshafts, and rear axle shafts being made by 6 y/o kids in China. They build them cheaper and cheaper and charge more and more. Anyone with SLT's or Denali's shaking, or mostly the lower trims? My SLT is like silk but this WT is like your driving down as highway made of railroad ties.

• Like 1

Thinking of trading my 2014 in on a 2010. Pretty sad when you look to downgrade 4 years because you know that era of truck is tough as nails and typically issue free. My 15 is my favourite truck I ever had, the 14 is my most hated truck I have ever had. Case by case basis. I think it a combination of cheaply manufactured torque converters, driveshafts, and rear axle shafts being made by 6 y/o kids in China. They build them cheaper and cheaper and charge more and more. Anyone with SLT's or Denali's shaking, or mostly the lower trims? My SLT is like silk but this WT is like your driving down as highway made of railroad ties.

900's were a step backwards from 800's the K2's are a far superior truck so your actually stepping backwards farther than you think....

Edited by mookdoc6

So I am finally rid of my shaky truck. I went through the BBB process and it was extremely easy and straightfoward. I had detailed notes of each visit, with who I spoke to, tech names, etc and it proved very helpful.

It was comical how GM attempted to defend the truck. I won't get into details other than the fact they told the arbiter this was their first ever complaint about the vibrations. I almost fell out of my chair.

Anyone with a vibrating brand new truck should definitely go through the BBB as soon as they hit their state lemon law requirements. I was awarded a full buyback minus mileage that I had put on the vehicle.

Never again will I own a GM product and I have been extremely impressed with my RAM for the first month of ownership. GM consistently lied throughout the entire process and was a complete pain to deal with.

Good luck to all and if you want any more info about the BBB process just send me a quick message

post-172114-0-10799700-1503607317_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

You got some actual pics? Ive heard terrible stories about the trannys in those. But, no vibrations at all?

Actual pics? Those are actual pics of my truck...

No, zero, zilch, nada vibrations at all and the transmission is working very well. Granted, it has 288 miles on it so far but I actually really like the 8-speed for shift quickness. I think it doesn't suit some peoples driving style but I've had no trouble.

• Like 1

Actual pics? Those are actual pics of my truck...

No, zero, zilch, nada vibrations at all and the transmission is working very well. Granted, it has 288 miles on it so far but I actually really like the 8-speed for shift quickness. I think it doesn't suit some peoples driving style but I've had no trouble.

Well you had one pic up there and it looks like it's from a magazines so lol

900's were a step backwards from 800's the K2's are a far superior truck so your actually stepping backwards farther than you think....

I can't believe you said that. The 900s are by far the best generation truck GM has made. I went from an 09 to a 2014(worst generation) back to a 2009 Avalanche.

• Like 1