My truck has some vibration but not as bad as the 2014 w/ 3.08 and 18"s I had first. Still not happy w/ ANY shaking on a new vehicle. Describe it best this way- when look to the right in my empty truck the passenger side sheet is vibrating like it the seat is equipped w/ a massage function. On my first truck equipped w/ 18s I could fell it in the passenger side seat and also the wheel a bit, on this new one w/ 20s and all terrain suspension I only see it as evidence.

That being said- my buddy just bought a full loaded SLT sierra and had real bad shakes and a humming sound, turned out he needs a whole new rear end.

I'm having my truck looked at as soon as I need my first oil change. Looks like GM will be eating some money on my repairs in the near future. I don't care if my shake is minor or not- if the rear end is indeed defective from the factory (something about pinion gears not matching up, chewing u where the drive shaft meets the rear) then I want it all new period.

• Like 1

My truck has some vibration but not as bad as the 2014 w/ 3.08 and 18"s I had first.

So you got rid of a truck that had a vibration to get another one with a vibration? Not trying to be a smart ass but I almost did the same thing. I was looking at trading to Sierra with the standard box, I was going to lose $5000.00 on the trade and then my buddy said "your going to look like an idiot if this new truck has a Vibration too." When I bought my truck I didn't notice the vibration right away so I could see it happening. Same buddy told me not to buy a first year truck either and i wish i would have listened to him. I will be trading it off but it will be on another make.

This is my 4th new chevy since 1999 and I've never even been close to being this disappointed in any of them. It's not just the vibration, the tranny shift like junk when driving in town, I could go on and on.

Got the truck back today. It ended up being a tire issue after all. Apparently the tire shop didn't check for tire roundness like they were supposed to do. I had one tire that was way out of spec. They said that the road force maximum allowed value on trucks is usually around 26 lb and that tire was over 32 lb and couldn't be brought into spec. So they ended up replacing it but they went through two tires since the first one they put on had an even higher number - 64 lb this time. The second tire came in at 19 lb. There is still a small amount of vibration but at 80 mph it is still less than it used to be at 75 mph and only starting to be "noticeable." I won't know more until I am able to get out on the highway for a longer trip. I may end up replacing all of the tires with a different brand but for now the ride is much better.

What made me turn away from a tire issue is that I had the tires rotated with no change in the vibration and the last time they balanced the tire, they were supposed to check for tire roundness as well. They said what was happening was a torsional vibration. The tire was feeding off the opposite tire on the front of the truck causing the variation in the vibration that I was feeling. Basically as I turned the tires would go in and out of phase with each other, creating the oscillation in the amount of vibration that I was feeling. When in phase, they would add together, amplifying the vibration and when out of phase, they would cancel each other out - almost since it never when away. This is a new one on me as I have never had this issue on any vehicle (this is my 7th vehicle).

The service manager came out and talked with me a bit on this issue. He said that the re-time of the drive shaft that they performed on my truck usually fixes the issue on about a third of the trucks. The other fixes have been new drive shafts to new axles if the issue is not a tire or wheel issue. My suggestion to everyone is to make sure your tires are not too far out of round first, even if this requires going to multiple tire shops just for the sake of a second opinion. Hopefully this helps some of you.

• Like 3

Got the truck back today. It ended up being a tire issue after all. Apparently the tire shop didn't check for tire roundness like they were supposed to do. I had one tire that was way out of spec. They said that the road force maximum allowed value on trucks is usually around 26 lb and that tire was over 32 lb and couldn't be brought into spec. So they ended up replacing it but they went through two tires since the first one they put on had an even higher number - 64 lb this time. The second tire came in at 19 lb. There is still a small amount of vibration but at 80 mph it is still less than it used to be at 75 mph and only starting to be "noticeable." I won't know more until I am able to get out on the highway for a longer trip. I may end up replacing all of the tires with a different brand but for now the ride is much better.

What made me turn away from a tire issue is that I had the tires rotated with no change in the vibration and the last time they balanced the tire, they were supposed to check for tire roundness as well. They said what was happening was a torsional vibration. The tire was feeding off the opposite tire on the front of the truck causing the variation in the vibration that I was feeling. Basically as I turned the tires would go in and out of phase with each other, creating the oscillation in the amount of vibration that I was feeling. When in phase, they would add together, amplifying the vibration and when out of phase, they would cancel each other out - almost since it never when away. This is a new one on me as I have never had this issue on any vehicle (this is my 7th vehicle).

The service manager came out and talked with me a bit on this issue. He said that the re-time of the drive shaft that they performed on my truck usually fixes the issue on about a third of the trucks. The other fixes have been new drive shafts to new axles if the issue is not a tire or wheel issue. My suggestion to everyone is to make sure your tires are not too far out of round first, even if this requires going to multiple tire shops just for the sake of a second opinion. Hopefully this helps some of you.

Good news and some redemption for my many postings on check the tires like my post #91. All vibration would go away on yours if you could find a shop that knows how to true a tire and balance on the truck. Short of that, road force where they rotate the tire on the wheel if necessary is your next best bet. Having drive shaft balanced is the second step if still mild vibration.

Replacing OEM is highly recommended but trueing and on truck balance is still recommended on the non-oem.

I find Michelin LTX, M/S-2 or A/T-2 to be good. I find the M/S-2 to be just as good or better then the A/T in mild off road and mud.

I test drove a '14 cc, z-71 4wd and it had what I though was flat spotting as the tires ride was as bad as I have seen. We drove about 20 miles in very warm weather and it did not clear up. If I was going to buy that truck, I would have had the dealer swap out oems for Michelin and if road smooth would then buy.

• Like 1

So you got rid of a truck that had a vibration to get another one with a vibration? Not trying to be a smart ass but I almost did the same thing. I was looking at trading to Sierra with the standard box, I was going to lose $5000.00 on the trade and then my buddy said "your going to look like an idiot if this new truck has a Vibration too." When I bought my truck I didn't notice the vibration right away so I could see it happening. Same buddy told me not to buy a first year truck either and i wish i would have listened to him. I will be trading it off but it will be on another make.

This is my 4th new chevy since 1999 and I've never even been close to being this disappointed in any of them. It's not just the vibration, the tranny shift like junk when driving in town, I could go on and on.

I got rid of the truck because I realized I didn't like the mushy suspension, SUV tires, 18" rims, and terrible 3.08 rear when compared to the All TErrain model I now have. The vibration was something I just chalked up to bad tires, but it could be something else who knows. The new one I have doesn't have any vibration you can feel, the truck tracks straight, its just slight vibration that I can see by monitoring the empty seat next to me.

Which new truck are you gonna get? The 2nd year Dodge or a Ford that will be antiquated next year when they introduce their "first year 2015" - either you're ending up in a new design bud.

I have a 2014 Silverado double cab. It had a slight vibration around 70 mph when new, now it has 2800 miles on it and the vibration is gone. Rides and drives perfect.

One other comment, I recently had the chance to drive a friends new 2013 Ram Big Horn. There is no comparison when it comes to ride and drive...IMO The new Silverado rides and drives so much better. Truth be known, my friends Ram reminded me of my old 2006 GMC truck. Vibrations in the cabin and cowl shake, along with sloppy brakes, vague steering and body roll around corners. I assume Ram will catch up in the next 8 to 10 years, if Fiat doesn't kill the brand off before then.

Anybody noticed if the cylinder deactivation (aka active fuel management) is kicking in while they experience the vibration? I believe you can see the status on the driver info screen in the middle of the dash. I could see a truck lugging and vibrating if 4 cyl is not enough power to keep up the current speed. I test drive a chevy z71 yesterday and when accelerating I noticed a big slip when flooring the gas pedal, engine RPMs shot up 5,000 when shifting. I was planning on ordering a 6.2 with 3.73 gears but after reading some of the posts, vibration and tranny issues I may hold off.

I picked up the truck today and the service advisor said they can't really tell where the vibration is and that I should be happy mine drives better than some of the other ones. Not the right answer. They didn't even attempt a fix. Once I hit 50 mph the steering wheel vibrates and I don't like it. I have had 8 other chevy trucks in the past and this one as quiet as it is rides the worst. aside from the vibration it is just harsh every time you hit a bump. Maybe cheap shocks or just valved to stiff.

• Like 1

I picked up the truck today and the service advisor said they can't really tell where the vibration is and that I should be happy mine drives better than some of the other ones. Not the right answer. They didn't even attempt a fix. Once I hit 50 mph the steering wheel vibrates and I don't like it. I have had 8 other chevy trucks in the past and this one as quiet as it is rides the worst. aside from the vibration it is just harsh every time you hit a bump. Maybe cheap shocks or just valved to stiff.
Mine vibrates in the steering wheel also @60+