I picked up my 2014 Sierra All Terrain last night and so far everything has been great. I test drove it the day before to give the dealership the ok to spray the bed liner and during the test drive I noticed a vibration mostly through the steering wheel, like some have described. I told the dealer and they had the service department look at it before I picked it up last night. They force road balanced the tires and the vibration is gone, drives beautifully. My vibration came on around 75 and persisted through 80+. Was very slight under 75. Only have 120 miles on it so if anything changes I'll let you guys know.

• Like 2

barky,

I understand that you are unhappy with some concerns that you are experiencing with your vehicle. I am happy to look into these concerns for you. Please private message me referencing this thread including you name, address, phone number, VIN, exact mileage, and preferred dealership.

Jennifer T.

GM Customer Care

So today I just pulled my 600# snowmobile on a 2 place aluminum snowmobile trailer and had the worst vibrations I've experience so far. This has me more convinced my vibration issue is related to drive shaft angle. The weight on the back of the truck is slightly lifting the front and in any other truck this isn't an issue but since my truck has a vibration unloaded the extra drive shaft angle makes it worse. How does a guy get a proper drive shaft angle?

That is my exact problem too. Not sure if you saw my post towards the top of this thread but I actually rotated my tires on my trailer in a Walmart parking lot because the vibration was so bad with a similar trailer. I am confident that this is a prop shaft issue and GM knows it. It will just be a matter of time before a recall goes out. Edited by Szyikowski

So has anyone really determined whether its tires, axles, driveshatfs, or whole rear ends? I guess I'll start with tires. I have a very slight but noticalbe vibration at ALL speeds. I've called the dealer who said to bring it in but I haven"t had time yet.

I actually was trying to get video of how bad my had would shake on the wheel when pulling the trailer. I think if I added my buddy's snowmobile on the trailer it wouldn't be drivable. I think today I'm going to put my ATV in the box (650#) and take it for a drive just to rule out the trailer, although I've never had a problem with the trailer before. If it vibrates bad I will bring it to the dealer with it in the back on Tuesday when they fix my seat.

Silver Spaceship, you ever have your tires road force balanced? If they are off extra load would definitely make it worse. I know people have been saying the pinion angle could be off but I don't see how that would cause a vibration unless the spring blocks in the rear suspension had different angles cut in them or if one didn't seat on the rear end properly. I have experienced vibrations above 50 in a different car when the u-joint wasn't bolted to the rear end properly, kid who bolted it up didn't notice that one side was sitting on the alignment tab.

As others have mentioned could be a out of balance drive shaft. Could also be a defective u-joint somewhere on the drive line. With all the tire related issues I've seen posted I would lean that way though, and as I mentioned in an earlier post my vibration which came on about 70, went away once the dealer road force balanced the tires. I also towed my 6k lb boat yesterday and no vibrations at all, pulled like a bull.

Well I went and got on the interstate this morning after reading this to check mine at the higher speeds and guess what?When it reached 82 mph the vibration started and was terrible!!Drives so smooth at speeds below 80 with zero vibration!

• Like 1

Well scheduled my 3 rd trip to dealer for THE SHAKE that everyone unfortunate buyer is experiencing. So far they have replaced all 4 tires and road force balanced them and vibration/shake is still there at speeds above 65.

The dealers can't fix an engineering problem. This must be addressed from GM's engineers. I'm going to lemon law it if they can't address this miserable issue.

Well I went and got on the interstate this morning after reading this to check mine at the higher speeds and guess what?When it reached 82 mph the vibration started and was terrible!!Drives so smooth at speeds below 80 with zero vibration!

It is the tires. I had vibs over 70 mph and was corrected by tire trueing and balance on the truck. If such is not available to your area, recommend you find a shop or discount tire that knows how to properly road force balance a tire. If it takes too much weight, have them rotate the tire 180 on the wheel. Or just stay below..80..if you are kidding about this

Well scheduled my 3 rd trip to dealer for THE SHAKE that everyone unfortunate buyer is experiencing. So far they have replaced all 4 tires and road force balanced them and vibration/shake is still there at speeds above 65.

The dealers can't fix an engineering problem. This must be addressed from GM's engineers. I'm going to lemon law it if they can't address this miserable issue.

How bad is yours?

My area 3x same issue is a lemon case

Mine drives so nice and smooth up to about 82-85 mph and it is like you flip a switch!!I went to the dealership today to see when they could look at it and if they have heard of this before.Guess what they said??We have not ever had that problem before,My appointment is for 10 am tomorrow we will see!